PDA

View Full Version : JCBlack Inspired black SVT wheels

L8 APEX
08-07-2003, 11:11 PM
I would like to thank JCBlack for his influence in the production of this wheel:tu:
I installed the first set on my truck Tuesday and they look sharp. I can get them painted or powder coated. Mine are the painted and polished lip with clearcoat. If you have an idea our wheel shop can probably make it happen. There are some variations available all color no polish, possibly a few other colors. I would like to keep it simple though. This style has been well accepted on our Z06 cars and now it is time for the L:tu:http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/43/PR_profile.jpg
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/43/PR_wheel1.jpg
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/43/PR_wheel.jpg

blueoval01
08-07-2003, 11:19 PM
What happened to the "Bling-Bling" wheels?

L8 APEX
08-07-2003, 11:33 PM
What happened to the "Bling-Bling" wheels?
The HRE's are Rob's wheels even I can't afford that much bling:crying: The best I can do is play with the stockers.

02BOLT
08-08-2003, 12:28 AM
Terry, she looks like a different truck!...(that's a good thing:d). Sharp!Sharp!,Sharp!:tu: I'm fairly partial to silver-n-black myself:twitch:...Adios

L8 APEX
08-08-2003, 12:43 AM
Terry, she looks like a different truck!...(that's a good thing:d). Sharp!Sharp!,Sharp!:tu: I'm fairly partial to silver-n-black myself:twitch:...Adios
Thanks, your filter is on the porch.

dboat
08-08-2003, 07:50 AM
my old wheels look so much better now... :tu::tu:

Props to you for thinking this one up... the polished lip makes all the difference too... everyone that saw them last night really liked em..

Dana

Crawford
08-08-2003, 09:41 AM
Terry,

Rims look great. I may have to get that done to mine but it wont be until next year. :( I will come a knockin in about 6 months. I think those rims would look great on black. Goin for the stealth look!

jcblack
08-08-2003, 07:16 PM
i at least need to get a little credit seeing that it was my picture that i sent to terry telling him to do my wheels that way, next thing you know, they are on his truck. I aint mad at cha. it will look better on black anyway.

L8 APEX
08-08-2003, 08:51 PM
i at least need to get a little credit seeing that it was my picture that i sent to terry telling him to do my wheels that way, next thing you know, they are on his truck. I aint mad at cha. it will look better on black anyway.
Credit monger, I have done three sets of Z06 wheels the first over a year ago. Paint and polish is nothing new I just wanted a new look for the truck minus the flames.:tu:

BigStun
08-08-2003, 09:07 PM
Credit monger, I have done three sets of Z06 wheels the first over a year ago. Paint and polish is nothing new I just wanted a new look for the truck minus the flames.:tu:

What are you talking about? Jake was getting ready to do it and he shows you pics wanting to know what you thought...Jake was going for the custom look, and what do ya know? You start selling them as PR Motorsport Wheels? Big deal you did them to a vette a year ago...last time I checked theres not too many lightnings out with the paint and polished look. I think its funny how you "all of a sudden" do your wheels when you find out Jake was getting ready to do them and then sell em as your own. You just kinda bashed Jakes idea of being "custom" and having something you dont see all the time, but no...they are now the new PR Motorsport Wheels...way to go man! GOOD JOB!

I'd like to give props to Jcblack, the one who deserves the credit and would have been the only one with em if he hadn't of asked someone for their opinion.

L8 APEX
08-08-2003, 10:25 PM
What are you talking about? Jake was getting ready to do it and he shows you pics wanting to know what you thought...Jake was going for the custom look, and what do ya know? You start selling them as PR Motorsport Wheels? Big deal you did them to a vette a year ago...last time I checked theres not too many lightnings out with the paint and polished look. I think its funny how you "all of a sudden" do your wheels when you find out Jake was getting ready to do them and then sell em as your own. You just kinda bashed Jakes idea of being "custom" and having something you dont see all the time, but no...they are now the new PR Motorsport Wheels...way to go man! GOOD JOB!

I'd like to give props to Jcblack, the one who deserves the credit and would have been the only one with em if he hadn't of asked someone for their opinion. Jacob isn't the only one with them he got the idea from another L owner that is how it works. You see something you like and you do it. Yes he showed me a pick so was he bogarting someone elses idea in the first place,? It is my business to bring cool products to my customers. I test stuff out to see how it looks/works. In fact Jake didn't like the way these turned out so soemone had to put them to use. I already learned some things to do different on these wheels. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery. Get over it Matt:bs

aliekitn99
08-08-2003, 10:26 PM
:bows Terry, you can do no wrong in my books...

blueoval01
08-08-2003, 10:32 PM
".......You start selling them as PR Motorsport Wheels?........."
Well, it's late and I personally think Matt is a F**king Idiot.
Terry isn't "selling" anything here. The wheels are on his personal L.
Give Jacob the Kudos for the design, that's fine.
But, you'll find black wheels all over, especilly in the Florida forums, if not NLOC.

BigStun
08-08-2003, 10:39 PM
o..im over it buddy. It was a lil shady for you to go and do your own right after talking to Jake about it...but to then go as far as to sell them as your own....I'd say thats going to far in my book. And actually Im pretty sure he just showed you some black wheels and he got the idea to polish that lip.

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, huh? then why dont you give jake credit where credit is due. I know you think cause your the tuner you have to have the best of everything...but c'mon man, thats a lil shady.

BigStun
08-08-2003, 10:43 PM
".......You start selling them as PR Motorsport Wheels?........."
Well, it's late and I personally think Matt is a F**king Idiot.
Terry isn't "selling" anything here. The wheels are on his personal L.
Give Jacob the Kudos for the design, that's fine.
But, you'll find black wheels all over, especilly in the Florida forums, if not NLOC.

yay! everyone look at me, Im an idiot...ok buddy! Cool points to you. Go hump a tree, if you came up with an idea like Jake and was gettin ready to do it and then a "friend" from tunersville hurrys up and goes and does it before you, Id like to think you may be a lil pissed or at least want some credit...and yes there are black wheels all over Inspector Gadget! But its not everyday you see that little lip polished like that.

andy_cain
08-08-2003, 10:44 PM
I had the IDEA for the question mark (?)...really,..... I was trying to explain how to scratch my a$$ (while trying to think) and drew a picture of the body position needed to scratch my a$$,... and that my friend is how the picture came out... really !...thus the (?).

So based on your theory (lame a$$ by the way) JCBLACK, anyone who uses the (?) must give me props...I LIKE IT:hammer:

Point is: Terry isn't "Jacking" your idea...old "83" Mustang GT's on Emerald St. had painted rims when I was in Highschool...who gives a Chit who markets them...Unless, of course YOU were going to...:rll::rll::rll:

Put yourself in CHECK:tu:

L8 APEX
08-08-2003, 10:45 PM
o..im over it buddy. It was a lil shady for you to go and do your own right after talking to Jake about it...but to then go as far as to sell them as your own....I'd say thats going to far in my book. And actually Im pretty sure he just showed you some black wheels and he got the idea to polish that lip.

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, huh? then why dont you give jake credit where credit is due. I know you think cause your the tuner you have to have the best of everything...but c'mon man, thats a lil shady.Here is the wheel he showed me mine are a little different. He asked if my guy could make it not what I thought of it. As you can see it is polished just not as much. Give Jake a kiss for me tonight when you tuck him in bed.:rll:

dboat
08-08-2003, 10:45 PM

Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, huh? then why dont you give jake credit where credit is due. I know you think cause your the tuner you have to have the best of everything...but c'mon man, thats a lil shady.

Apparently you arent over it... I am sure Jacob invented the wheel too right? Like no one has ever done black wheels with a polished lip before, give me a break... you are an idiot or JCBlacks butt monkey.. Terry admits that he didnt invent them but has done 3 sets over the last year for the Corvettes that he works on.. I know Terry to be a straight shooter.. Now he is selling a swap option that if some want to buy they can.. Sure Jacob may have shown Terry a picture (so it isnt an original idea of his) that he wanted to do.. so what.. I look at pics of all kinds of mods and dont have to go around saying it was Snuglids idea for a hard tonneau, or Bedrug's idea for a bed carpet.. yet there are others out there today selling the same thing.. what a troll you are... get out... shut the f*** up...

Silver_2000
08-08-2003, 10:54 PM
Wheels like that have been floating around the lighting community at least a year.

I wont allow this kind of BS on my forum .. Sorry.

Take your disagreement offline - Solve it and come back and kiss and make up.

Doug