PDA

View Full Version : You might be a redneck if...

L8 APEX
05-27-2002, 12:07 AM
Wish I had my camera with me today. I drove past the gas station and saw a family with a pick up truck of course. They were at the coin operated air pump in the far corner of the parking lot. I be damned if they weren't airing up their inflatable wading pool!:d It was a big pool too, like a 10x 15 or so. I wonder how they were going to hold it down on the way home?.. And I thought Arlington was a modern city:rolleyes:

tliss
05-27-2002, 12:25 PM
You mean they didn't air it and fill it with water right in the back of the pickup? My guess is that was the next step. Then the kids could swim while pa drives!!

Tom

Sixpipes
05-27-2002, 01:44 PM
You might be a redneck........................................... ........
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/211-300-7520.jpg
if this is your truck. :cool:

blueoval01
05-27-2002, 05:59 PM
...... You do your own branding .........:d

J.D. Blackwell
05-27-2002, 07:52 PM
Are ya'll making fun of rednecks now? :banana:
You ought to here what rednecks say about city folks.lol

blueoval01
05-27-2002, 08:11 PM
Justin, I didn't mean to post a pic of your latest girlfriend ...... :throw:
Naww, just funnin' ya .........:banana:

How's the White L rebuild going? Gonna be ready this month? :rolleyes:

OK, I'm game. What DO rednecks say about city folks? (Disclaimer: No old $hit about Central expressway and all that :bs ). Something "original" ... :p

tliss
05-27-2002, 08:34 PM
Dennis,

I don't think that picture of the truck with 10 exhaust pipes is limited to rednecks...that looks almost typical of Chevy owners :vomit:

Tom

J.D. Blackwell
05-27-2002, 08:35 PM
The truck is coming real slow right now. My dad is always gone on the road and I am running the business for now, so I hardly have time. My "help" (ford tech) is really busy right now, so I grabbed his Lightning manual and started getting everything together. I have the block on the engine stand and will get the heads, oil pump, pick up tube, and pan on this week. (It will take me all week. lol) The only bad thing is that I have to get the head bolts all torqued down within 4 minutes or I will get a false reading on the 'ol torque wrench, because of the loc-tight. There are 10 head bolts on each side and they have to be torqued down in 3 stages; first at 30 ft.lbs, and then 60 and then at 80 working from the inside out. I don't think 4 minutes is going to be long enough, but I will try.;)

Mark #2
05-28-2002, 06:02 AM
Hey, lay off the Chebby owners, I know a few of us have them too. I wish I had a digital camera, I've been in northern, central and southern Japan now and you wouldn't believe the cars that I'm seeing, some of those vans with 8 ft wings hanging out the back, pink, orange, etc.

I'm bought a throw away camera and am taking pictures of all kinds of wonderful fiberglass additions, will try to scan when I get back.

There are some really cool cars here too. Skyline GTR's, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VII's, Smart cars, etc.

Hope to make it back to the states by the June meeting.

Mark2

George G.
05-28-2002, 08:50 AM
Hey Terry,

That truck with the inflatable pool, was this at Great Southwest Pkwy and I20? Cause I saw the same thing! My wife pointed it out and we couldn't believe what we were seeing.

Moonshine
05-28-2002, 11:31 AM
Reminds me of the time my wife and I went to Home Depot and loaded up a bunch of fill dirt. On the way home we passed a fine specimen of a truck, and part of the family was riding in the bed. I busted a gut when my wife said "Hey look, they have dirtbags in the back too."

L8 APEX
05-28-2002, 02:47 PM
:D Yeah it was at the Stop and Rob by Albertsons. I was rolling after seeing that!

MadMax
05-28-2002, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Sixpipes
You might be a redneck........................................... ........
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/211-300-7520.jpg
if this is your truck. :cool:

Bad Stuff...shoot it!! :rolleyes:

George G.
05-28-2002, 04:50 PM
So whatcha doing over in my area? ya' know there's also a black Gen 2 that I've seen at that Texaco/Subway several times but haven't been able to meet up with the driver. Is it anyone from here?

L8 APEX
05-28-2002, 07:45 PM
You were in my area GP is over by GSW Pkwy:D I live down by the college. There are now 3 silvers running around here so be careful:D