PDA

View Full Version : A built 03 Cobra is vernerable opponent.

L8 APEX
08-06-2003, 11:41 PM
I ran into a guy with a modded 03 coupe I rarely see them around town. He had a 2.73 upper pulley about 16psi, exhaust, filter kit, chip of course. He said it dynoed 460 rwhp:eek2: We did a 90mph punch and it was an even run to 120+:beer: It was still 92 degrees outside and I had my air brake of a spoiler on the tailgate:hammer: Anyway, it is time to put the street tune in the truck. This slow arse break in tune sucks for racing. That Cobra had some good pull on the big end. I would leave them alone unless you are going fro ma stop or spraying a big shot on them:tu:

L8 APEX
08-06-2003, 11:49 PM
I wish I could have pulled on him having spent so much on my truck. But there are some physics that can't be overcome at any price. I am also still about 60hp shy of my expected output during the break in period. What I would really like is a twin turbo L, we'll leave that for the next project:evil

I went for a ride in a Ligenfelter 650HP 427TT C5 a few weeks ago:bows:bows:bows I can now die feeling I lived a complete life. Sleeper from hell guys, totally smooth and quiet not a hint of modification. Then when you stand in it you better be driving way ahead of the car because you will get there yesterday! A 24K mile/2year waranty is simply refinement at its best:bows

cpeapea
08-07-2003, 09:23 AM
:tu:
wow thats nuts, warranty on a lingefelter, who would have thought

dboat
08-07-2003, 11:48 AM
how much does one of those puppy's cost? is a dealer only item or can you have it done to any C5?

L8 APEX
08-07-2003, 05:34 PM
how much does one of those puppy's cost? is a dealer only item or can you have it done to any C5?
It is a 50K dollar package 60K with a boost controller. Only LPE or 21st Century MC are authorized installers.

Boosted32v
08-10-2003, 02:40 PM
I ran into a guy with a modded 03 coupe I rarely see them around town. He had a 2.73 upper pulley about 16psi, exhaust, filter kit, chip of course. He said it dynoed 460 rwhp:eek2: We did a 90mph punch and it was an even run to 120+:beer: It was still 92 degrees outside and I had my air brake of a spoiler on the tailgate:hammer: Anyway, it is time to put the street tune in the truck. This slow arse break in tune sucks for racing. That Cobra had some good pull on the big end. I would leave them alone unless you are going fro ma stop or spraying a big shot on them:tu:
I hear ya Terry, I raced one from a stop in the 'L, we both half throttled and then floored it at the same time, we were neck in neck to the top of 3rd for him and he gained a little and when he shifted I got it back and a 1/2 car, but he was slowly coming back up!, byfar the best race for me in the Lightning against a 03 Snake. I know he had some bolt-ons, not sure how many tho...'Henry
<---400 & 500 Club Member ;)

I cannot wait to get my Heads for my Cobra back from HPP in a few weeks, then I will be shooting for 600hp & 600 Tq in my 97 Snake:evil