PDA

View Full Version : Talon Day at Lake Ray Hubbard

Silver_2000
08-06-2003, 04:49 PM
Guys and Girls

It looks like next Sat the 16th is the day.

We'll see if we can get Garrett and Dana to caravan thier boats to Ray Hubbard to join David and Rons. I bring mine and we should have enough space for lots of people. We should plan on meeting at the lake around noon. The locaton is Captains Cove Marina. Take 190 to the end, go thru Rowlett - After crossing the lake on the bridge, Roan Road is the next stop light. Turn Left. It will take you all the way to 30 - Go under 30, Turn left - Stay on service road - Look for the IHOP billboard, right after that is a 2 lane street called Marina Dr. There is a Choice homes trailer by the service road. Turn right follow it around to the Marina. We will likely be meeting on the Gas Dock. You will need to buy a courtesy launch pass ($5) from the security guard if you have a boat. Its 45 min or so from my house to the marina..

Post here if you are interested in attending. You will need to plan on bringing some drinks and something to snack on. Bring sunscreen and towels.

We wll have skiing, swimming, Tubing ( if I buy a tube ) and other activities.

I think David volunteered to get burgers and fixins to grill on the dock. A donation for gas to the boat owner whos boat you ride on might be nice.

Post here to guage the interest

Doug

Sixpipes
08-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Looks like I may have to start looking for the ole speedo. :D

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/211-300-67051.jpg

Silver_2000
08-07-2003, 07:52 AM
Looks like I may have to start looking for the ole speedo. :D

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/211-300-67051.jpg

Tell you what - You wear your speedo and ill wear mine....:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

98Cobra
08-07-2003, 09:08 AM
Tell you what - You wear your speedo and ill wear mine....:eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2::eek2:

I forsee the lowest TALON event turnout ever.. :d

I should be good for that date, but before I commit to a firm yes, I need to check with the woman. I have a bad memory sometimes. :)

Moonshine
08-07-2003, 09:23 AM
I'm game, but only if both of you promise to leave your Speedo's at home. :vomit:

L8 APEX
08-07-2003, 09:38 AM
I'm game, but only if both of you promise to leave your Speedo's at home. :vomit:
Damn, Brian leaving his compound for a lake trip:eek2: I may have to close the shop for this event:hammer:

David N
08-07-2003, 09:43 AM
DOUG,

don't but a tube i have one .....looking forward to a good day

98Cobra
08-07-2003, 10:15 AM
I should be good for that date, but before I commit to a firm yes, I need to check with the woman. I have a bad memory sometimes. :)

...and its a good thing I said that. We are tubing down the Guadalupe that weekend. You guys have fun! :)

L8 APEX
08-07-2003, 10:28 AM
And I am supposed to pee in the lazy river at Wet n' Wild that day:hammer:

98Cobra
08-07-2003, 11:24 AM
And I am supposed to pee in the lazy river at Wet n' Wild that day:hammer:

I remember the lazy river. Boy, if you could bring alcohol in there that would be great. Course, no one would want to ever leave either...

tliss
08-07-2003, 11:43 AM
I'm game...but if you guys wear your speedos I'm wearing my thong!

Tom

my2002lightning
08-07-2003, 12:11 PM
I'm game...but if you guys wear your speedos I'm wearing my thong!

Tom

That does it! I'm wearing my camo "banana hammock" thong! :d

Ronald

dboat
08-07-2003, 12:17 PM
no thongs on my boat!!! :hammer::hammer:

She is still a virgin in many ways...

David N
08-07-2003, 12:27 PM
lets take a count ..who is going to make it?
I need to plan head for getting food and stuff... we have a gas grill on the dock and hamburgers and hot dogs are easy to do....

things we need :
ICE
drinks
few coolers (we have frig. to store most of the food)
paper plates
chips
fixing for burgers
bread(buns)

and what ever else you might want...

i will get the dogs and burgers..

microsuck
08-07-2003, 02:55 PM
I believe my guests will be the only ones authorized to wear thongs.................

microsuck
08-07-2003, 02:56 PM
actuallyI cant make it, thats my dads birthday. poopie

dboat
08-07-2003, 02:57 PM
I believe my guests will be the only ones authorized to wear thongs.................

buffed or not, you arent wearing one either...:nono:

microsuck
08-07-2003, 03:11 PM
yeah, right dana, you just want to see me OUT of my thong

dboat
08-07-2003, 03:42 PM
yeah, right dana, you just want to see me OUT of my thong:eek2::eek2::rll:

oh yeah bayyy beee..... NOT...

dboat
08-07-2003, 03:47 PM
I would prefer to start a little earlier in the day.. My boat is dry docked at the lake, so a 8 or 9a start for me is better, before it gets too blazing hot on the lake... then call it a day at about 2 or so...

Anyone interested in an early start?

Dana

David N
08-07-2003, 03:54 PM
Dana,

early start is okay, just keep in mind that i have A/C on my boat on the dock and on the lake ..Ron'S boat also has A/C but only at the docks when hooked up to shore power.. Ron also has a good size patio on the slip where we can hang out and cook out which is right next to my slip....

dboat
08-07-2003, 04:14 PM
Dana,

early start is okay, just keep in mind that i have A/C on my boat on the dock and on the lake ..Ron'S boat also has A/C but only at the docks when hooked up to shore power.. Ron also has a good size patio on the slip where we can hang out and cook out which is right next to my slip....

Glad you are ok with it.. this way, we can break it up into two sessions.. one early then lunch, others lunch then ski... or whatever...

Just need to know who wants to go with me.. Wayne is going with me.. can hold another two folks..

Dana

my2002lightning
08-07-2003, 04:41 PM
Just need to know who wants to go with me.. Wayne is going with me.. can hold another two folks..

Dana,

Maybe Laney and I? You don't have a prob with me and my "swimming attire" do you? :D

Ronald

dboat
08-08-2003, 08:56 AM
Dana,

Maybe Laney and I? You don't have a prob with me and my "swimming attire" do you? :D

Ronald

Since we are doing the early start, the wife has decided to go.. so I can only take one more.. sorry... the boat has a 4 person limit..

microsuck
08-08-2003, 09:06 AM
its possibe that I may be able to "break-away" from my arrangements early and come out there. If so, can I hang with you guys? Are you going to ski? cause I like to get my ski on like mad whoa........

microsuck
08-08-2003, 09:08 AM
I would prefer to start a little earlier in the day.. My boat is dry docked at the lake, so a 8 or 9a start for me is better, before it gets too blazing hot on the lake... then call it a day at about 2 or so...

Anyone interested in an early start?

Dana
werd. I need to be out by 4:00

andy_cain
08-08-2003, 09:24 AM

For your guests, it is not only authorized...it is MANDATORY:tu:

I am in for the lake run.:twitch:

dboat
08-08-2003, 09:29 AM
Andrew,

well it looks like you are the 4th then... you will get all the wet time you want.. :tu:

microsuck
08-08-2003, 09:34 AM
For your guests, it is not only authorized...it is MANDATORY:tu:

looks like I may be going solo on this one. now, if dana just had a bigger boat.............:twitch:. I think I will start a new sport though. i will call it "drunken skiing" cant wait to try it out.
Andrew

Silver_2000
08-08-2003, 09:40 AM
If I can get some help with the transport - I may be convinced to get an earlier start ... If nothing else we could use my boat as a staging area

microsuck
08-08-2003, 09:45 AM
help?

dboat
08-08-2003, 09:55 AM
help?

watcha need?

microsuck
08-08-2003, 10:06 AM
doug, what does "help with the transport entail" holler if you need me.

Silver_2000
08-08-2003, 11:22 AM
doug, what does "help with the transport entail" holler if you need me.

My boat is in dry storage at Pier 121.

Hooking up and trailering to Ray Hubbard is bascially a 1 man job BUT, I would need help with launching etc at the lake. And I would also like some help getting the boat back in the dry storage. My confidence in backing a new boat into a small steel garage is not high.

What time were you guys thinking about starting ?

whitelightning'02
08-08-2003, 11:44 AM
My boat is in dry storage at Pier 121.

Hooking up and trailering to Ray Hubbard is bascially a 1 man job BUT, I would need help with launching etc at the lake. And I would also like some help getting the boat back in the dry storage. My confidence in backing a new boat into a small steel garage is not high.

What time were you guys thinking about starting ?

I should be healed-up by then.... I'm just down old denton. If I can go, I'll help.

Lee

tliss
08-08-2003, 12:02 PM
lets take a count ..who is going to make it?
I need to plan head for getting food and stuff... we have a gas grill on the dock and hamburgers and hot dogs are easy to do....

things we need :
ICE
drinks
few coolers (we have frig. to store most of the food)
paper plates
chips
fixing for burgers
bread(buns)

and what ever else you might want...

i will get the dogs and burgers..

I've got a few cases of soda I can bring, along with an extra cooler with ice. I may be able to pull some beer of sorts as well, and have a bunch of paper plates I can bring. Just give me a time and directions and I'm there!

Tom

David N
08-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Tom,

Thanks for the help here is the info. for the marina

The locaton is Captains Cove Marina. Take 190 to the end, go thru Rowlett - After crossing the lake on the bridge, Roan Road is the next stop light. Turn Left. It will take you all the way to 30 - Go under 30, Turn left - Stay on service road - Look for the IHOP billboard, right after that is a 2 lane street called Marina Dr. There is a Choice homes trailer by the service road. Turn right follow it around to the Marina. We will likely be meeting on the Gas Dock. You will need to buy a courtesy launch pass ($5) from the security guard if you have a boat. Its 45 min or so from my house to the marina.

Moonshine
08-08-2003, 12:49 PM
Doug,

I can help with launching/backing/transport. When I was in college I worked at a boat dealership selling comp boats, so I may be a bit rusty, but I've had lots of experience.

I can bring ice/cooler/whatever else is needed.

microsuck
08-08-2003, 01:52 PM
just let me know where I am needed

Ron C
08-08-2003, 03:34 PM
Quick Correction on the directions... You go through Rowlett, not Rockwall. Just didn't want anyone to get confused...

There is a beach party the boat club is having that day from 3-7pm as well, so there should be some action in the cove.

Ron

Tom,

Thanks for the help here is the info. for the marina

The locaton is Captains Cove Marina. Take 190 to the end, go thru Rockwall - After crossing the lake on the bridge, Roan Road is the next stop light. Turn Left. It will take you all the way to 30 - Go under 30, Turn left - Stay on service road - Look for the IHOP billboard, right after that is a 2 lane street called Marina Dr. There is a Choice homes trailer by the service road. Turn right follow it around to the Marina. We will likely be meeting on the Gas Dock. You will need to buy a courtesy launch pass ($5) from the security guard if you have a boat. Its 45 min or so from my house to the marina.

Silver_2000
08-08-2003, 05:16 PM
Oops - I corrected the directions

Thanks RON

We need everyone who is coming to post here and say how many people are they bringing. That way david can get the righ amount of burgers and stuff.

I dont have any small size life vest on my boat so if you are bringing kids we need to make those arrangements.

We need to find a place for a mid afternoon siesta since the beach party goes till 7

Doug

tliss
08-09-2003, 11:28 AM
One, maybe two here. I'm still trying to persuade the wife to break out the bathing suit and come out. The sun doesn't agree with her, though, so I doubt she'll go. Anyway, count me in for at least 1. Besides, the wife doesn't eat much!

Tom

dboat
08-11-2003, 07:57 AM
for this weekend..

David, is the marina where your boat is at, the one that has the barrier in the lake made from tires? I am just trying to make sure which marina to make it to after we have our morning ski session. Is it located on the east side of the lake? I am at Lake Point Marina on the west side, southern portion of the lake.. way off of the main body of the lake.

Anyway, as it stands now, Andrew and Wayne are coming with Kim and I on Sat morn. We will meet at our house and hop into the lake pretty early since Andrew wants to get plenty of wet time in..

I have a couple of fat skis that make it easy to launch folks. Andrew, if you have a special ski that you want to use, you will need to bring it.

I would like to get moving pretty early by around 8a or so to get to the lake. I will need to fill up at the gas dock before we head out. That wont take too long.

Wayne has been with us before so he knows the drill.

Andrew, if you have any questions, drop me a pm. I can also get you our address or you may want to ride with Wayne over to the house.

Remember, my crew is going to leave the lake by around 2p..

Lets have some fun..

Dana

David N
08-11-2003, 10:16 AM
Dana,

not sure about the tire barrier... but the marina is on the west side of the lake(captains cove 972-226-7100).. Ron and I are at the Gas dock boat house (27,29) as you come in it is on the left of the store and gas pumps ... call me on my cell 972-670-3911 and i will make sure you know where we are... there is a empty slip two boats down from us that you park your boat...

Also this saturday the local boat club has a big beach party and for a $5 charge they will have beer and subway subs.. we might want to do that for lunch and we can cook at docks for dinner...

dboat
08-11-2003, 10:35 AM
Dana,

not sure about the tire barrier... but the marina is on the west side of the lake(captains cove 972-226-7100).. Ron and I are at the Gas dock boat house (27,29) as you come in it is on the left of the store and gas pumps ... call me on my cell 972-670-3911 and i will make sure you know where we are... there is a empty slip two boats down from us that you park your boat...

Also this saturday the local boat club has a big beach party and for a $5 charge they will have beer and subway subs.. we might want to do that for lunch and we can cook at docks for dinner...

David, are you near the dam or which side of I30? are you on? North or South? Is the marina a distinctive color? Is it the one near Forest Rd? just trying to get my bearings on this one, esp from the lake..
Thanks
Dana

the lunch idea sounds pretty good to me..

dboat
08-11-2003, 10:36 AM
David, are you near the dam or which side of I30? are you on? North or South? Is the marina a distinctive color? Is it the one near Forest Rd? just trying to get my bearings on this one, esp from the lake..
Thanks
Dana

the lunch idea sounds pretty good to me..

now that I think about it.. its located on the east side of a large point that juts out into the lake.. its kinda pink in color.. its located just north of the power plant and just south of the I 30 bridge right?

Ron C
08-11-2003, 11:07 AM
Dana,
It's on the west side of the lake, north of the powerplant.. It's the only marina inside the powerplant jetty..

Ron

now that I think about it.. its located on the east side of a large point that juts out into the lake.. its kinda pink in color.. its located just north of the power plant and just south of the I 30 bridge right?

David N
08-11-2003, 11:10 AM
Dana,

The only thing i can add is that Roof of the boat houses are dark blue not pink..

dboat
08-11-2003, 11:17 AM
Dana,
It's on the west side of the lake, north of the powerplant.. It's the only marina inside the powerplant jetty..

Ron

Got it..

thanks
Dana

dboat
08-12-2003, 08:17 AM
and plans?

I posted my plans yesterday, we should meet up with you other guys at around noon for lunch and stuff..
Doug, are you planning to get there early as well?

Dana

Ron C
08-14-2003, 08:36 AM
I think today would be a good day to put together the official headcount. Everyone that is for sure going, please post how many people you are bringing, so we can put a shopping list together, and figure out the logistics.

Thanks,
Ron

Moonshine
08-14-2003, 08:44 AM
Just one. :D

Silver_2000
08-14-2003, 08:45 AM
and plans?

I posted my plans yesterday, we should meet up with you other guys at around noon for lunch and stuff..
Doug, are you planning to get there early as well?

Dana

I was going to go early BUT If I get up at 6 or 7 and am on the water that early I will be BURNT OUT by 3... I know from experience that 4-5 hours on the water is exhausting. I am more likley to pace myself so I can enjoy the whole day. Ill have to get with Brian and or Andrew - my help - to see when they want to go. Maybe I can find an Airconditioned place for a 3 hour seista inthe middle of the day... :d

The marina beach party is likely to be a good time - I plan on hanging out a while. I talked with David the other day and he suggested what we might do is eat at the beach party for lunch. Acording to him the Lunch is $5 - Then David and Ron would fix burgers and stuff later in the evening for the crowd that is left...

Logan
08-14-2003, 08:51 AM
I know from experience if I have to lift a finger to do anything other than pick up a crown & coke, it'd wear my ass out, so why bother tryin'.... :)

dboat
08-14-2003, 09:01 AM
There will be 4 of us.. Wayne, Andrew, Kim and I will be going out early to get in the water early. Andrew has to be back early so we will probably drop him off so he can make his other appt later in the day. We will meet you guys over at the Marina for lunch. Then after lunch, head back to our marina and call it a day on the lake..
Dana

Mark #2
08-14-2003, 09:05 PM
I was going to go early BUT If I get up at 6 or 7 and am on the water that early I will be BURNT OUT by 3... I know from experience that 4-5 hours on the water is exhausting. I am more likley to pace myself so I can enjoy the whole day. Ill have to get with Brian and or Andrew - my help - to see when they want to go. Maybe I can find an Airconditioned place for a 3 hour seista inthe middle of the day... :d

The marina beach party is likely to be a good time - I plan on hanging out a while. I talked with David the other day and he suggested what we might do is eat at the beach party for lunch. Acording to him the Lunch is $5 - Then David and Ron would fix burgers and stuff later in the evening for the crowd that is left...

Doug,
I can help too. I'm up for a 9-10 start on the lake and I need to leave by around 4:00, just like last time. Let me know what you want to do.
Mark

Silver_2000
08-14-2003, 09:19 PM
Doug,
I can help too. I'm up for a 9-10 start on the lake and I need to leave by around 4:00, just like last time. Let me know what you want to do.
Mark
Moonshine is meeting at My house at 10 - We were planning on pulling out of the water around 5-6. We can get you back to the dock earlier if needed. If you want we can meet you on 190 on the way past 75 ... Your call

We should be in the water by 11 if anyone wants to meet us at the lake...

Doug

Sixpipes
08-14-2003, 10:30 PM
I'll be there looks like. :cool:

my2002lightning
08-14-2003, 10:51 PM
Have fun and be safe everyone! :)

tliss
08-15-2003, 08:42 AM
So what time are we meeting at the dock where the grillin' is going to happen? I figure I'll just meet you guys where David gave directions to.

David N, I'll attempt to call you later. You're cell phone is now in my phone book.

Tom

David N
08-15-2003, 12:19 PM
ALL,

Ron & I will be on the docks about 9:00 am for whoever wants to show up ... we will be working on getting things ready to go and will put out about 11:30 am or so... again my cell # 972-670-3911 ... the Directions are posted above..

tliss
08-15-2003, 01:28 PM
Damn...I need my beauty sleep tomorrow! I'll plan on being at the dock between 10 and 11. I'll give you a call.

Tom

microsuck
08-15-2003, 01:29 PM
Damn...I need my beauty sleep tomorrow! I'll plan on being at the dock between 10 and 11. I'll give you a call.

Tom
beauty?........................................... ...............
see you next year:evil

dboat
08-15-2003, 01:38 PM
ALL,

Ron & I will be on the docks about 9:00 am for whoever wants to show up ... we will be working on getting things ready to go and will put out about 11:30 am or so... again my cell # 972-670-3911 ... the Directions are posted above..

Oops, I thought you were going to be there during the lunch hour and pull out after lunch,,,

we'll give you a call while we are out on the lake.. Doug has my number already..
Dana

99WhiteBeast
08-15-2003, 06:07 PM
Is this gig Saturday or Sunday- I'm lost:confused:

Silver_2000
08-15-2003, 06:19 PM
Is this gig Saturday or Sunday- I'm lost:confused:

Sat

Tomorrow

99WhiteBeast
08-15-2003, 06:23 PM
Dang it:mad:- working tomorrow to pickup extra dinero for L fest

David N
08-15-2003, 06:49 PM
Dana,

i will hang out on the dock for you we can do lunch and i will go out after lunch...just give a call ... I'm sure Ron and Doug will be at the party beach .. i can take the late arrivals in my boat...

dboat
08-15-2003, 09:36 PM
Dana,

i will hang out on the dock for you we can do lunch and i will go out after lunch...just give a call ... I'm sure Ron and Doug will be at the party beach .. i can take the late arrivals in my boat...

I am there.. :tu:

03BlackLightning
08-16-2003, 08:31 AM
Sorry I have to miss it, but we already have plans today! Maybe next time if everyone is out at Lewisville! I'll be out on Lewisville tomorrow though.

Silver_2000
08-16-2003, 08:33 AM
Sorry I have to miss it, but we already have plans today! Maybe next time if everyone is out at Lewisville! I'll be out on Lewisville tomorrow though.

Sherman - if I live thru today I wil be on Lewisville tomorrow
See you There ..
Doug

Silver_2000
08-16-2003, 08:30 PM
We had a great time

Some pics are here
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/categories.php?cat_id=72

http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/72/P8168156.jpg
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/72/P8168119.jpg

dboat
08-16-2003, 09:04 PM
the lake was nice today.. not too choppy or anything... good to see you guys at lunch...
Dana

Sixpipes
08-16-2003, 09:22 PM
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/72/P8168156.jpg
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/72/P8168119.jpg
I can't speak for Mark, but the sun was in my eye. Yeah, that's why I crashed, yeah, that's it. Had a great time. Thanks David & Doug for the hospitality. :cool:

Silver_2000
08-16-2003, 10:10 PM
I can't speak for Mark, but the sun was in my eye. Yeah, that's why I crashed, yeah, that's it. Had a great time. Thanks David & Doug for the hospitality. :cool:

http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/72/P8168143.jpg

We'll just call you "one eye":d

Mark #2
08-16-2003, 10:52 PM
2nd the motion above, thanks again, I had a ball, and I'm still stretching.
Nothing like old guys on the water, and I think at least 2 of us were wearing Speedos:) But seriously, it's great to spend time with friends.

tliss
08-16-2003, 11:13 PM
Yep...I had my Speedos on. Had too moon a chick to get her to hike up her bathing suit for a picture that Wayne took, but it didn't come out too good.

All in all it was a blast. Thanks to David, Ron, Doug and Dana for toting my poor non-boat owning ass out on the lake and for the hospitality. It was definitely a blast!

Tom

Silver_2000
08-16-2003, 11:26 PM
Tom

Happiness is a long zoom

http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/72/P8168162.jpg

my2002lightning
08-16-2003, 11:40 PM
Sounded like a blast! Elaine and I have been out on L. Lewisville w/Garett numerous times and have a very good time. Thanks Garett! :tu:

Is it just me or is that lake water WAY too yellow ?!?:beer::eek::D

Ronald

NOW! Post up the (*)(*) .jpgs! :d

L8 APEX
08-17-2003, 12:07 AM
Dennis has the Terminator sunglasses:cool:

Sixpipes
08-17-2003, 11:46 AM
A few other pics from yesterday.

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/211-300-67761.jpg
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/211-300-67758.jpg
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/211-300-67759.jpg
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/211-300-67760.jpg

The last one is Mark while trolling for alligators. :cool:

andy_cain
08-17-2003, 11:54 AM
I had a great time, thanks to all!:bows

Silver_2000
08-17-2003, 12:08 PM
A few other pics from yesterday.

The last one is Mark while trolling for alligators. :cool:Nice pics - Im amazed Mark had the strenght to keep trolling for alligators

I lightened one up a little

Doug

Mark #2
08-17-2003, 05:13 PM
Actually, I was dredging for that infamous lost shrimp boat on Ray Hubbard.:)
I can actually move today, but real damage assessment is usually the day after the day after.
Thanks again.

Moonshine
08-18-2003, 09:02 AM
I had a great time :tu:, but I am one sore puppy :eek2:. I feel like I spent the day hanging by my thumbs. Doug, David, thanks again for the hospitality :beer:.

L8 APEX
08-18-2003, 09:16 AM
Nice pics - Im amazed Mark had the strenght to keep trolling for alligators

I lightened one up a little

Doug
He even ski's with authority:rll: