PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I fought it and I fought it but now its done

dboat
08-05-2003, 04:30 PM
I had Terry do a couple of mods and some repair on the L this last week.. Let me first state that for those that haven't used Terry before, there is not a more meticulous person when working on your truck than he.

I had Terry install Herbs washers on the truck to get rid of the clunk.. :tu:

I had him also do the fuel filter change, thought that would be a good idea before I head up North.

I had also had him order and install the M-20 laser jammer. I havent been lased yet, but it should be interesting needless to say..

And last, but certainly not least, Terry and I have been going round and round about putting a new exhaust on my L. I have the stock exhaust with the ceramic coated tips (like everyone else) but they freakin' hung down too far for my tastes. :mad:Terry kept telling me to get his Big Mouth mild exhaust system. Well, I had headers, hi flow cats and Flowmasters on my 89 Stang Convt and the drone on the hiway was terrible. :nono:I was keeping my stock exhaust just so I wouldnt have the drone on the L. :rolleyes:Terry assured me no drone with his setup.. (btw, it is a custom setup of his making)...
So after he installs the exhaust, I have to say the bling bling factor is a 10:eek2:.. these tips look marvelous... and there is more growl, but not too much for me and it is only slightly louder at fwy speeds than stock. For some it may be too quiet. But for me it is just fine. Terry has NEVER let me down on his recommendations. I should have listened to him a long time ago... :bows

Thanks again Terry for taking care of me.. your customer... :nana2

I'll be showing them off on Thursday..

Dana

tliss
08-05-2003, 06:15 PM
Cool...! Then that was you I saw on 75 southbound around Park this afternoon about 2! I was driving the Grand Cherokee, but I slowed down when I saw a black Lightning a few lengths behind. I saw you pass, saw the chrome wheels and heard the exhaust. Sounded good, and now I know what my ride looks and sounds like passing by!

Tom

dboat
08-05-2003, 07:26 PM
Cool...! Then that was you I saw on 75 southbound around Park this afternoon about 2! I was driving the Grand Cherokee, but I slowed down when I saw a black Lightning a few lengths behind. I saw you pass, saw the chrome wheels and heard the exhaust. Sounded good, and now I know what my ride looks and sounds like passing by!

Tom

Thanks Tom... but as you might guess.. if your last dyno numbers are true, my L will be passing yours up on a regular basis... :evil:evil

sorry Tom, I couldnt help myself,,,, I'll buy you your first beer on Thursday.

Dana

tliss
08-05-2003, 08:21 PM
Thanks Tom... but as you might guess.. if your last dyno numbers are true, my L will be passing yours up on a regular basis... :evil:evil

sorry Tom, I couldnt help myself,,,, I'll buy you your first beer on Thursday.

Dana
Bastage...:hammer:

Just for that, I will pull my chip and send it back for a reburn. My numbers should be where Crawford's are considering he and I have the same mods, save for the burn on the chip.

Tom

dboat
08-05-2003, 08:52 PM
Bastage...:hammer:

Just for that, I will pull my chip and send it back for a reburn. My numbers should be where Crawford's are considering he and I have the same mods, save for the burn on the chip.

Tom

atta boy... just didnt want to hear some story about how you got passed up by someone else.. always glad to help motivate my buds...

:tu:

L8 APEX
08-06-2003, 12:16 AM
Thanks for the biz and props Dana:beer: I really enjoyed beating the crap out of your old system during removal it was stubborn. I sold a system by your truck sitting in front of the shop:tu: Black and chrome is a match made in heaven:bows I think there is more road noise than anything else in the cab;) That Blinder is a loud mo fo ain't it:eek2:

dboat
08-06-2003, 08:01 AM
That Blinder is a loud mo fo ain't it:eek2:

Darn straight.. that'll wake you up in the morning... is there a volume adjustment somewhere? Holy Cow!!

of course Wayne was with me and he was like, noise what noise.. all those years of rock and roll have done him in... :evil

L8 APEX
08-06-2003, 09:20 AM
They had low volume complaints on their old M-10's. So they over compensated in the M-20. It is not adjustable but you can move it's location for more or less sound. I put yours in the A/C vent, I don't know what it would sound like moved around.

dboat
08-06-2003, 09:39 AM
They had low volume complaints on their old M-10's. So they over compensated in the M-20. It is not adjustable but you can move it's location for more or less sound. I put yours in the A/C vent, I don't know what it would sound like moved around.

maybe we can put a sock in it!:evil

I also meant to agree with you that there is more road noise than exhaust noise at speed.. I really do like the system a lot.. its perfect.. now if you can get those tips on Waynes, he'd be a happy camper.. just get out the torch, cut and paste.. eh?

Moonshine
08-06-2003, 09:55 AM
Dana,

I saw your truck yesterday after Terry finished working on it. Tips looked very nice. :tu:

dboat
08-06-2003, 10:41 AM
Dana,

I saw your truck yesterday after Terry finished working on it. Tips looked very nice. :tu:

muchas gracias senor...

I love em/// cant get enough of it now...

they should be a heck of a lot easier to keep clean than the stockers too..

Moonshine
08-06-2003, 10:46 AM
they should be a heck of a lot easier to keep clean than the stockers too..

They are. Much, much easier.

dboat
08-06-2003, 10:50 AM
They are. Much, much easier.

You have them too?

microsuck
08-06-2003, 12:09 PM
dana, I think you and i need to convince terry to get a cop buddy to let us test out our new jammers.

L8 APEX
08-06-2003, 01:24 PM
dana, I think you and i need to convince terry to get a cop buddy to let us test out our new jammers.It is against dept policy:nono: We can move the speaker if it is too loud let me know. Dynamating the interior cuts down on a good bit of noise. The cheapest thing to do is swap the slider for a solid rear window. A lot of F150 World guys will do it and pay for the labor.
Moonshine has a similar system it is not PR as he is a bit frugal:tongue: It is a takeoff Magnaflow based system.

my2002lightning
08-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Hmm... maybe I can "coerce" Terry into an exhaust setup while "The Warden" is in Denver this weekend.:D

Ronald

L8 APEX
08-07-2003, 12:00 AM
Hmm... maybe I can "coerce" Terry into an exhaust setup while "The Warden" is in Denver this weekend.:D

Ronald
The shop has been busy lately and we are grateful:beer: We do exhaust jobs Monday through Friday 8-6. I have an exhaust tomorrow so maybe Friday or next week. Though the Po'she is scheduled for next week:tu:

dboat
08-07-2003, 11:56 AM

Ronald

Ronald, you may want to take a look at it and go for a ride to hear the wonderfulness..
I dont need to change anything on it.. but the jammer is another issue.. I think I will start remote starting the truck until I get a little more deaf..:evil