PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with Kellers?!?!?!

devildog92
05-26-2002, 05:04 PM
I went last night to take my son and wife to see some of the L's out there, as well as some of the classics. I was unaware however they charge $5 as a entrance fee. At first I misunderstood and told the lady I was not entering my Exp'y, but she said it didn't matter, $5 for spectators or entrants. What the heck are there people trying to prove? I have NEVER went to a car show, even a charity show, where there was a charge to get in. I went to the SVT club in Lewisville, and no issues. Anyone have an idea why they do this?

L8 APEX
05-26-2002, 06:03 PM
You are missing the point of Kellers. It is not a car show at all just a place where people hang and cruise on the weekends. They charge 5 bucks to stay in business.
History Lesson: Years back there was a cool place where Papa's BBQ is now. It was called Fenders and it was twice what Kellers is now. People would hang out on weekdays and especially the weekends. They would fill up the parking lot with cool rides but not purchase food and drink from Fenders. Instead they brought their own coolers etc and hung out all night. Enough time went by like this and they went out of business. So to stay ahead Kellers charges people to sit and hang out all night.:)