PDA

View Full Version : Hi, new member,too

skalywags
08-03-2003, 12:07 PM
Just wanted to say hi! Just found this forum today. Looks pretty cool! I bought my Lightning about 3 months ago, traded up from a Dakota R/T. this Lightning beats that R/t hands down in everyway i can think of.

Not being much of a mechanic, and only planning on driving it and hauling around my dirt bike, are there any mods that I should look? I mostly likely won't be racing this thing. I just like the looks, the power right from the showroom, and the interior is great! :tu:

TxBolt
08-03-2003, 12:56 PM
I bought my Lightning about 3 months ago, Valley Ranch! And you just bought 1? Everybody needs 2. :d Welcome!

02BOLT
08-03-2003, 02:07 PM
Welcome to the club!:D Good bunch of folks(the vast majority of them live up in your vicinity). Anyway, get with Terry(L8APEX) on the mods, he can hook you up with as little or as much EXTRY HP as you want. Have a good one!:burnout:

my2002lightning
08-03-2003, 03:01 PM
Tom #2, welcome to TALON! Sonic Blue was my first choice of color, but my red '02 was a steal!

Anyother IT guy I see. I'm an Informatica Contractor with Pepsi/FritoLay in Plano.

Make sure you go to the TALON meet this Thu. Check the events section for the latest.

Ronald

Moonshine
08-04-2003, 01:30 PM
I mostly likely won't be racing this thing. I just like the looks, the power right from the showroom, and the interior is great! :tu:

Yeah, right.;) Who wants to give me 2 to 1 that he'll have a pulley, chip, & filter within 6 months?:D

Welcome :tu:

andy_cain
08-04-2003, 01:51 PM
Yeah, right.;) Who wants to give me 2 to 1 that he'll have a pulley, chip, & filter within 6 months?:D

Welcome :tu:

I will give 2/1 it is moded in 3 mos...:D

Welcome Skalywags:beer:

tliss
08-04-2003, 02:15 PM
Welcome...once you feel the adrenaline as you beat most Corvette's off the line at the track...you will feel the need for more. Welcome to Lightning-aholics Anonymous...I'm Tom...member for a little over two years. I said I was not going to mod my truck, and a little over $7-8K later...I'm nowhere near done! It's a sickness without a cure....come, join us on the dark side!:evil

Tom

dboat
08-04-2003, 02:29 PM
Welcome...once you feel the adrenaline as you beat most Corvette's off the line at the track...you will feel the need for more. Welcome to Lightning-aholics Anonymous...I'm Tom...member for a little over two years. I said I was not going to mod my truck, and a little over $7-8K later...I'm nowhere near done! It's a sickness without a cure....come, join us on the dark side!:evil

Tom
Yes Yes, feel the power of the dark side Luke, er Tom.... :evil

excuse my Star Wars humor...

Sixpipes
08-04-2003, 05:20 PM
I mostly likely won't be racing this thing........Ya know, we all start out about the same way don't we? http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/images/smilies/shifty.gif

skalywags
08-06-2003, 12:04 AM
Ya know, we all start out about the same way don't we? http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/images/smilies/shifty.gif
Yeah, i hear what y'all are saying. If my Yamaha keeps being mean to me like last weekend - fractured my tibia, then it may be that I turn my attention to the truck. then all bets are off! :banana:

Sixpipes
08-06-2003, 07:45 AM
Yeah, i hear what y'all are saying. If my Yamaha keeps being mean to me like last weekend - fractured my tibia, then it may be that I turn my attention to the truck. then all bets are off! :banana:
I am assuming your Yamaha is a dirt bike? :cool:

Moonshine
08-06-2003, 10:00 AM
Ya know, we all start out about the same way don't we? http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/images/smilies/shifty.gif

Yup. I still recall my first trip to the track, with Gorilla. I said I was just going to watch. Well, 1320 feet later I was hooked. :d

Mark #2
08-06-2003, 12:32 PM
Yup. I still recall my first trip to the track, with Gorilla. I said I was just going to watch. Well, 1320 feet later I was hooked. :d

Yes, my first trip to the track was very interesting too. Told the SO I'm just going to watch, well after the big event on the way to Hallsville, I figured I might as well run down the track. Haven't quit turning the wrenches on my or others trucks since.