PDA

View Full Version : Hi Im New

blondeinalightning
07-31-2003, 11:22 AM
HI Everyone! I am new, and I just got a lightning like a month ago and I love it!
Just wanted to say Hi to everybody! :d

DWSmooth
07-31-2003, 11:49 AM
Welcome to the Group!

I'm in Sachse and have a white 01, what color is yours?

David

Silver_2000
07-31-2003, 11:53 AM
Welcome Monica

TALON is having thier August Meeting next Thursday at Dave And Busters on Composite Drive.

We would love to see you and your Truck there

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=32&c=1

Doug

tliss
07-31-2003, 12:15 PM
Welcome! Glad to have you in the group. You'll have a blast with the people in this group!

Tom

dboat
07-31-2003, 12:19 PM
Monica,
welcome to the group. hope to see you at next months meeting next week. :beer:
Dana

andy_cain
07-31-2003, 12:23 PM
Welcome Monica :beer:

blondeinalightning
07-31-2003, 12:29 PM
Welcome to the Group!

I'm in Sachse and have a white 01, what color is yours?

David

Mine is white. what about you?

blondeinalightning
07-31-2003, 12:30 PM
Welcome Monica

TALON is having thier August Meeting next Thursday at Dave And Busters on Composite Drive.

We would love to see you and your Truck there

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=32&c=1

Doug
Cool, so how many people usually come out there?

dboat
07-31-2003, 12:37 PM
Cool, so how many people usually come out there?

hundreds, thousands, millions... but really, about 20-25 folks..

blueoval01
07-31-2003, 12:39 PM
Welcome Monica .......... :tu:

L8 APEX
07-31-2003, 12:58 PM
Wow, finally a girl with her own L:banana: Are you rolling to L Fest with us? Are you planning any mods yet?

SILVER2000SVT
07-31-2003, 01:00 PM
Welcome...

Silver_2000
07-31-2003, 01:13 PM
Cool, so how many people usually come out there?We usually have between 20-35

Depends on the Weather, the location, the phase of the moon etc

You can see pics of the old events and meetings here
http://www.svtlightnings.com/talon/ and Here http://talonclub.com/4images/

Doug

dboat
07-31-2003, 01:26 PM
We usually have between 20-35

Depends on the Weather, the location, the phase of the moon etc

You can see pics of the old events and meetings here
http://www.svtlightnings.com/talon/ and Here http://talonclub.com/4images/

Doug

I misspoke,, Doug is right.,. and the attendance seems higher lately.. Its a very good group of folks that attend. Some wives and SO's attend too.
I think you would have a very good time and enjoy the company..

My wife is thunderkitn02 and she enjoyed her first meeting, last month.. she is semi active on the board as well.

there are some other non-L activities that pop up from time to time that you may want to attend too..

Its all fun..

Dana

whitelightning'02
07-31-2003, 01:34 PM
Hi Monica,
Welcome! I have a White one, too. Everybody knows that White is the fastest!

:beer:
Lee

andy_cain
07-31-2003, 01:38 PM
Hi Monica,
Welcome! I have a White one, too. Everybody knows that White is the fastest!

Lee

I know you did not just say that :eek2: :eek2:

:nana2

microsuck
07-31-2003, 02:23 PM
come on out! we have a blast. are you going to leave your truck stock or do you plan on making it faster?
Andrew

blondeinalightning
07-31-2003, 02:24 PM
Wow, finally a girl with her own L:banana: Are you rolling to L Fest with us? Are you planning any mods yet?
I don't know exactly what I am going to do to it, if at all anything. Where is L Fest?
Is it a Lightning car show? Did anyone go to heatwave? I went it was fun.

Moonshine
07-31-2003, 03:49 PM
Welcome, and congratulations on your choice of the best color. :tu:

blondeinalightning
07-31-2003, 04:04 PM
Welcome, and congratulations on your choice of the best color. :tu:

Thank you! :beer:

cpeapea
07-31-2003, 04:09 PM
hi, and welcome to the club

Crawford
07-31-2003, 04:53 PM
I figured I better get in on the fastest growing thread in TALON forum history. :evil

Welcome to the club!

By the way, just to set the record straight... black is the fastest color in this club. ;)

tliss
07-31-2003, 05:27 PM
I don't know exactly what I am going to do to it, if at all anything. Where is L Fest?
Is it a Lightning car show? Did anyone go to heatwave? I went it was fun.

I went to Heatwave a few years ago and was the only Lightning in the show. I still didn't win crap!

LightningFest will be in Topeka, KS in Sept. A bunch of us are going...check out the event forum for details.

Tom

bobbywade69
07-31-2003, 07:15 PM
Welcome!! Have fun with your new L. Hope to see u at the next meeting!
Bobby

99WhiteBeast
07-31-2003, 08:25 PM
Welcome:cool:

Come on guys lets see if we can go 3 pages on a welcome thread:roll

dboat
07-31-2003, 08:27 PM
Welcome:cool:

Come on guys lets see if we can go 3 pages on a welcome thread:roll

Only for a 20 yr old blonde would this happen... :evil

dboat
07-31-2003, 08:28 PM
Only for a 20 yr old blonde would this happen... :evil

but then again I could be wrong...

:postwhore

jcblack
07-31-2003, 09:48 PM
Welcome to the club. Anything that you will ever need to know about L's, these guys can answer.

Mac03Cobra
08-01-2003, 12:42 AM
Reminds me of a post on the SVT board for the 03 Cobras. A "gal" came on saying she was new and after 5 pages of welcomes and drooling, turned out to be fake of course. Some guy trying to get some attention. It was funny seeing all the members trying to out do each other in their welcomes.

Next time they need to get some VALIDATION before they start slobbering.

My 19 year old daughter drives my 03 L and the looks she gets is crazy. Guys try to follow her home way too much. Her vehicle is a 99 F150.

Mac

but then again I could be wrong...

:postwhore

diablolightning
08-01-2003, 04:17 AM
hello and welcome.:beer:
you should of posted last week, you could off dynoed with the group
Miguel:burnout:

blondeinalightning
08-01-2003, 09:15 AM
Reminds me of a post on the SVT board for the 03 Cobras. A "gal" came on saying she was new and after 5 pages of welcomes and drooling, turned out to be fake of course. Some guy trying to get some attention. It was funny seeing all the members trying to out do each other in their welcomes.

Next time they need to get some VALIDATION before they start slobbering.

My 19 year old daughter drives my 03 L and the looks she gets is crazy. Guys try to follow her home way too much. Her vehicle is a 99 F150.

Mac

Well I am not on here trying to get attention or anything. Just for your info, I am really a 20 year old blonde girl that drives a ligthing. Im not faking it! I just wanted to say Hi and meet some people that drive lightnings since all the people I hang out with including my bf, drive LS1's..

whitelightning'02
08-01-2003, 10:25 AM
Geeze, I wish I was 20 again. Hey we made 3 pages!

George G.
08-01-2003, 10:35 AM
....including my bf, drive LS1's..

We all make mistakes, dump em! Just kidden. Welcome to the board.

*disclaimer*this post is not for the purpose of drooling over the new, young and probably hot blonde.

blondeinalightning
08-01-2003, 10:51 AM
Geeze, I wish I was 20 again. Hey we made 3 pages!
I like your truck! Its White!

whitelightning'02
08-01-2003, 11:01 AM
Thanks, I only buy white ones. Just cooler down here! I need to put up a new avitar as it has a white bed cover on it now. I need to wait till I Cherry Wet Wax it, though!!!!!!!!!!

Lee

blondeinalightning
08-01-2003, 11:04 AM
Thanks, I only buy white ones. Just cooler down here! I need to put up a new avitar as it has a white bed cover on it now. I need to wait till I Cherry Wet Wax it, though!!!!!!!!!!

Lee
yeah i have a matching snug fit toneau cover on mine too. I like it like that, it looks pretty.

whitelightning'02
08-01-2003, 11:07 AM
yeah i have a matching snug fit toneau cover on mine too. I like it like that, it looks pretty.

Yeah, snuglid was my 2nd choice, I bought an ARE, just liked the little hump, better.

:beer::beer:
Lee

tliss
08-01-2003, 11:15 AM
I figured I better get in on the fastest growing thread in TALON forum history. :evil

Hey....you calling us leghumpers?:hammer::nono:

Tom

whitelightning'02
08-01-2003, 11:27 AM
Hey....you calling us leghumpers?:hammer::nono:

Tom

Hey Tom, I guess that makes you the King Leghumper, Eh?

:roll:roll:roll

Lee

Sixpipes
08-01-2003, 11:45 AM
Well I am not on here trying to get attention or anything. Just for your info, I am really a 20 year old blonde girl that drives a lightning............
Yeah, well I'm glad we cleared that one up. :tongue: Welcome to the Talon Forum. Regardless of how this welcome thread appears, all of us are not hormonally challenged. :cool:

diablolightning
08-01-2003, 04:17 PM
Yeah, well I'm glad we cleared that one up. :tongue: Welcome to the Talon Forum. Regardless of how this welcome thread appears, all of us are not hormonally challenged. :cool:

LOL "hormonally challenged":roll

whitelightning'02
08-01-2003, 05:01 PM
Hey wait, let's not go there! I've been on hormones since February:mad:
Finally got off them, though. Now I can't read my wife mind. But I do respect a woman and her 'moans:tu: oops i mean 'mones:d

Lee

J.D. Blackwell
08-01-2003, 05:31 PM
WASSUP WASSSUP. Glad to here that there is another female L owner around here. On behalf of the guys who haven't welcomed you yet, I say WASSUP. And don't listen to what the other guys say about me here on the board, it is all untrue. First off you have great taste since your L is white. And don't worry, I don't bite.........too hard. Naw, really, I don't get to hang around the cool city guys a lot since I live way way aways from here.

Actually there are 2 other female L owners that don't live to far from me. Both are 20 years old also, one with a White '99 (Sarah) and the other a Red '99 (Krystle). They will both be at the Lightning Shootout at Hallsville in October. Just hang around the boards for more info on that when the time comes.

So be careful and feel free to ask anyone of us questions that may be bugging you.

Later,
XOXO

Crawford
08-01-2003, 06:13 PM
:banana::banana::banana: REDNECK PIMP IN DA HOUSE!!! :banana::banana::banana:

TxBolt
08-01-2003, 06:41 PM
So thats how you get 40+ posts to a thread! Say; " Hi I'm a blond with a Lightning!" :roll Welcome to the Lightning community. See ya at a meeting. :tu:

Natetrun
08-01-2003, 06:56 PM
welcome!

down with the bowtie!

:throw:

Mark #2
08-01-2003, 07:14 PM
Welcome

my2002lightning
08-01-2003, 09:04 PM
Monica,

Good to have you on TALON ! Too bad you made the wrong choice of color! :nono::D

My gf Laney (MrsMy2002Lightning) posts on here alot, drives my '02 L and attends TALON meets w/me. C'mon ! :beer:

BTW, bring the LS1 driving chump of a bf out there and we might have a linching! :d J/K !

Welcome...

Ronald

microsuck
08-01-2003, 09:31 PM
I am really a 20 year old blonde girl that drives a ligthing. Im not faking it! I just wanted to say Hi and meet some people that drive lightnings since all the people I hang out with including my bf, drive LS1's..
Dont worry, you can hang out with me and gaven, we both drive black twin '01s. (except mine is way faster :D) He is 20 and I'm 19, avoid the old foogies, they are crazy, especially that doug guy.......
Andrew
ps, gavens EX drives a ls1, ask him what happened there........

Mac03Cobra
08-01-2003, 11:05 PM
Well I am not on here trying to get attention or anything. Just for your info, I am really a 20 year old blonde girl that drives a ligthing. Im not faking it! I just wanted to say Hi and meet some people that drive lightnings since all the people I hang out with including my bf, drive LS1's..

You might not be trying to get attention, but you got it anyway. I'm clueless as to the excitement/attention over a girl driving/owning a Lightning. Either most of these guys need some serious diversion, or they need to get laid. Go ahead and flame me guys, but I'm not the one typing with one hand because a "GIRL" posted a hello message on a board.

I belonged to a Porsche club awhile back and 40% of the members were female. No big deal and they held their own in the road track events. The men in the club didn't fall all over themselves like a scene from animal house because a "girl" drove a Porsche. Here's some help...

http://www.computerdatingusa.com/

I never said you were not a girl, I stated this thread "REMINDED" me of the one on SVT whereas it was a guy posing as a girl. His posting were a little more suggestive which lead many of the guys on.

If this was a new guy post, maybe 4 or 5 would have responded with a welcome.

At least you woke this board up!

Lil Nicky88
08-03-2003, 02:21 AM
hmmmm.... mac03cobra must not have had a very good welcome...

and black is definitely faster... I can prove it, but only against ls1's...

my2002lightning
08-03-2003, 02:57 AM

Freud had an "envy" theory going on a while back... think it applies to Ls in this situation? :D:hammer:

Mac,
What year is your L ? :confused::cool:

andy_cain
08-03-2003, 03:31 AM
black is definitely faster... I can prove it, but only against ls1's...
True that :beer: where "Lil Nicky" stops...I start:nana2
" I am your Huckleberry" dressed in black..totin' an oversized can "o' whooooop asssss":D

Learn to step Correct Biottttchhhhh...climb the ladder before you start laying down smack... :nana2

PS. "MAC03" I am still an active member of P.C.A....doesn't buy chit out here against real competition for 1/4 mile king pulling 2 tons of "shopping cart" metal :evil...that in itself is the appeal of the Lightning owner, male or female.

By the way...Frued was a Nutbag that wanted to sleep with his mommy... go talk trash elsewhere...we know better here.:Bullshit

I digress:flaming:

andy_cain
08-03-2003, 04:20 AM
There have always, and will always be "Leg Humpers"...they show out on their own.
I, and the vast majority of folks out here do not give a rats arse if "blondeinalightning" is a transvestite dressed as Howard Stern for a Barmitsfa party in the middle of the Bronx NY.:vomit:

What buys "blondeinalightning" creditability and acceptance is the same thing that buys all of us creditability and acceptance...Lightning ownership.
No more, No less.:bows

The common thread that weaves us together is stitched with an SVT Logo, not a Male/Female banner.

Ignore the "leg humpers" I seriously doubt that "blondeinalightning" is looking for a relationship here among the "Gear Heads", more likely, looking for what we all have found here...a common intrest shared with a passion for the Baddest truck to ever roll off the assembly line...period:bows

Cheers:beer:

Krystle
08-03-2003, 06:51 PM
Hi Monica... Im also pretty new here... Great to see another girl with a L.. Some of the guys here in Tyler are pretty jealious that I have one.. But o well.. Tough luck for them..:D

Krystle
08-03-2003, 06:53 PM
Hi Monica... Im also pretty new here... Great to see another girl with a L.. Some of the guys here in Tyler are pretty jealious that I have one.. But o well.. Tough luck for them..:D

Oh yea.. And I dont see what the big deal about a girl driving a Lightning... It is just a vehicle... I will never understand

Wht95Lightning
08-03-2003, 06:55 PM
Welcome to the club. :nana2

dboat
08-03-2003, 07:08 PM
Oh yea.. And I dont see what the big deal about a girl driving a Lightning... It is just a vehicle... I will never understand
because it not JUST another vehicle.. we L owners feel that we are pretty darned special, with a special limited production high performance truck that can spank the large majority of cars and trucks on the road but still haul and tow stuff..

Also, there just arent that many girl owners..

Welcome, and try to make it to the meetings.. its a great place to learn more about your L and see the different mods that people do that you may want to consider doing to yours..
Dana

Krystle
08-03-2003, 07:15 PM
because it not JUST another vehicle.. we L owners feel that we are pretty darned special, with a special limited production high performance truck that can spank the large majority of cars and trucks on the road but still haul and two stuff..

Also, there just arent that many girl owners..

Welcome, and try to make it to the meetings.. its a great place to learn more about your L and see the different mods that people do that you may want to consider doing to yours..
Dana

Didnt mean to sound bad in that last post.. What I mean is I keep getting alot of crap from guys and making such a big deal out of me having my truck.. I just want to drive it without guys saying all the crap they do about L's

dboat
08-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Didnt mean to sound bad in that last post.. What I mean is I keep getting alot of crap from guys and making such a big deal out of me having my truck.. I just want to drive it without guys saying all the crap they do about L's

My wife and I just read this and said the same thing "I can understand that" but if you would hang around with more mature guys, then it wouldnt happen.. like the guys at the Talon meetings..

We are all very mature guys that dont say those kind of immature things to girls:evil
We also dont have Lightning envy... :beer:

My wife attends the meetings, so come on out and enjoy yourself..

Dana

Krystle
08-03-2003, 07:25 PM
My wife and I just read this and said the same thing "I can understand that" but if you would hang around with more mature guys, then it wouldnt happen.. like the guys at the Talon meetings..

We are all very mature guys that dont say those kind of immature things to girls:evil
We also dont have Lightning envy... :beer:

My wife attends the meetings, so come on out and enjoy yourself..

Dana

Where are the meetings at.. Tim said they where pretty far away from Tyler..

my2002lightning
08-03-2003, 07:28 PM
The last I heard it was at the Dave/Busters in Arlington/Irving and it's on for this Thu.

Check the TALON events board...

Bring it! :burnout:

Ronald

Mac03Cobra
08-06-2003, 12:10 AM
I don't think I made a BIG ANNOUNCEMENT coming on to the board. Just another Dallas area SVT Fan for many years and wanted to get some information on the L.

Mac03Cobra
08-06-2003, 12:13 AM
Freud had an "envy" theory going on a while back... think it applies to Ls in this situation? :D:hammer:

Mac,
What year is your L ? :confused::cool:

2003... Just received my 2002 Wheels and one was dented in shipping. Not real happy about the situation, but @hit happens. I'm swapping out my 03 wheels for 02 wheels. Some like the 03 wheels, I guess I'm not one of them.

Mac

Mac03Cobra
08-06-2003, 12:17 AM
True that :beer: where "Lil Nicky" stops...I start:nana2
" I am your Huckleberry" dressed in black..totin' an oversized can "o' whooooop asssss":D

Learn to step Correct Biottttchhhhh...climb the ladder before you start laying down smack... :nana2

PS. "MAC03" I am still an active member of P.C.A....doesn't buy chit out here against real competition for 1/4 mile king pulling 2 tons of "shopping cart" metal :evil...that in itself is the appeal of the Lightning owner, male or female.

By the way...Frued was a Nutbag that wanted to sleep with his mommy... go talk trash elsewhere...we know better here.:Bullshit

I digress:flaming:

Not sure what PCA is affiliated with?

I'll take the smack talk on the trash talk comment. I stuck it out there and expected a few jabs. It's all about making things interesting. The irony is, I see another person(male) has come on with a "Hi I'm new here" posting and he got 8 good responses. I think this thead is up in the 60's now... smile... Checkmate....

my2002lightning
08-06-2003, 12:35 AM
2003... Just received my 2002 Wheels and one was dented in shipping. Not real happy about the situation, but @hit happens. I'm swapping out my 03 wheels for 02 wheels. Some like the 03 wheels, I guess I'm not one of them.

Mac

Glad to see your not a POSER! :hammer::d

I've never been too fond of the the '03 wheels either! The look of the '02/'01 wheels standing still AND at speed just suits the '02 L somehow !

The angled/cut look of the rims just does something for me... dunno! :nana2

Ronald

Make sure you get to D&Bs this Thu. - check the Events board! :burnout:

Silver_2000
08-06-2003, 11:56 AM
The last I heard it was at the Dave/Busters in Arlington/Irving and it's on for this Thu.

Check the TALON events board...

Bring it! :burnout:

Ronald

Ronald

it is dave and busters in Dallas OFF Walnut Hill And 35

Doug

my2002lightning
08-06-2003, 12:11 PM
Doug,

Thanks for the correction...

Ronald

98Cobra
08-06-2003, 01:02 PM
I'll take the smack talk on the trash talk comment. I stuck it out there and expected a few jabs. It's all about making things interesting. The irony is, I see another person(male) has come on with a "Hi I'm new here" posting and he got 8 good responses. I think this thead is up in the 60's now... smile... Checkmate....

FWIW, I agree with you. Its nice when you can add female Lightning owners to the club, but you almost start to think we are all dateless wonders. Some of us, perhaps, but not all of us! ;)

Hope to see ya Thursday...

my2002lightning
08-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Mac03Cobra

I was new here back in April, 03 and got alot of positive responses when I announced we were headed back to TX.

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2177
Hope to see ya' tomorrow at D&Bs ! :beer:

Ronald