PDA

View Full Version : Back from Ennis---1st run on "L"

andy_cain
05-25-2002, 12:20 AM
The weather was kind enough to hold off on the rain tonight to allow me to run my “L” for the first time since I got it…the G-Tec Pro doesn’t count….
The only mod to the truck is the Diablo chip.
I ran the truck just like it would on the street, with the spare tire, jack, tail gate and everything else in/on the truck.
It weighed in at 4765# with a bit over ¼ tank of 93-octane fuel.
I had 4 runs that were all pretty consistent:
My worst run was a 13.947 @98.44 when I first got there after driving from Allen (also forgot to drop the tailgate)
My best run was my 3rd at 13.669 @99.16
My 60’ times ranged from 1.994(best run 13.669) to 2.150 where I had some traction trouble off the line.
I would say overall, I was pretty pleased…..
Can’t wait to see what she does after Terry gets through with her next weekend…..Terry, my baby needs some new wings!!!!
This could be very addicting

:burnout:

Sixpipes
05-25-2002, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by andy_cain

Welcome to the real world. :d Pretty good times for the weather and just a chip. :cool:

L8 APEX
05-25-2002, 09:42 AM
Nice baseline. It only gets faster from here:tu:

tliss
05-25-2002, 10:26 AM
I wish I was back at Ennis running as opposed to El Paso! Last night I ran in chitty track conditions, no traction and was lucky to pull off a 14.1, with all of the goodies I now have on the truck. There was one other Lightning there with pretty much the same set up as me and he said that was pretty typical out here. Mustang Cobras were running low 15s and Slowmaros and FireChickens were running 15s and 16s. I did feel good about my last run, becase there was an old Chevy truck and a Dodge Road Turtle behind me. I pulled up to stage and they were waving them forward. However, both of them waved it off, as they did not want a pice of the Lightning! I ran by myself that run, and those guys ran high 16s. Still felt like crap about these runs, but I'm also in the mountains with no humidity and warm track temps. Oh well, maybe I need to trip to Ennis to feel worthy again! I've got to tell you, this track made Ennis look like the greatest track ever built!

Tom

L8 APEX
05-25-2002, 10:55 AM
Nice running Tom! Did you get an elevation up there? The built up Arizona guys are running high 13 on good days due to altitude. Everyone knows LS1 cars can run high 12's at Ennis. Road Turtles I like that one:D Thanks for representing PRD on the West Side :tu:

Sixpipes
05-25-2002, 11:18 AM
The track in El Paso has got to be 4,000+ feet. :cool:

wesman
05-25-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by andy_cain
The weather was kind enough to hold off on the rain tonight to allow me to run my “L” for the first time since I got it…the G-Tec Pro doesn’t count….
The only mod to the truck is the Diablo chip.
I ran the truck just like it would on the street, with the spare tire, jack, tail gate and everything else in/on the truck.
It weighed in at 4765# with a bit over ¼ tank of 93-octane fuel.
I had 4 runs that were all pretty consistent:
My worst run was a 13.947 @98.44 when I first got there after driving from Allen (also forgot to drop the tailgate)
My best run was my 3rd at 13.669 @99.16
My 60’ times ranged from 1.994(best run 13.669) to 2.150 where I had some traction trouble off the line.
I would say overall, I was pretty pleased…..
Can’t wait to see what she does after Terry gets through with her next weekend…..Terry, my baby needs some new wings!!!!

I ended up getting 3 runs in....couldn't get into the 13's at all.

My best run was a 14.1 at 96.58 w/ 2.113 60'

Othere two runs were 14.2 and a 14.3 .......I weighed in at 4770....can't wait for the mods to get here......

BTW-Nice to meet you Andy :tu:

--wes

wesman
05-25-2002, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Nice baseline. It only gets faster from here:tu:

Terry,

Do you tune Superchips?

If so let me know. Once my stuff gets in I will need my chip reprogrammed for them and probably some install time with some of it.

--wes

L8 APEX
05-25-2002, 05:18 PM
JDM tunes my Superchips he seems to have the most dyno time with various mods. His chips are out there doing well for my customers.

andy_cain
05-25-2002, 05:36 PM
Hey WesMan...what did your "Z" run at??
I was hoping they would line us up at the same time but it didn't work out that way.
I did get to see your time of 14.2 when I turned back for my time slip, in fact my budy that was with me caught both your run and mine on tape .
You must have stayed till' closing time to get three runs in...too long a wait...we bailed to head home to the wifes before getting grounded...LOL:hammer:

Terry: What do you think my "L" will hit after you finish with her mods next weekend?

L8 APEX
05-25-2002, 06:40 PM
If you drive it well 3-4 tenths

T Hogg
05-25-2002, 07:06 PM
Hey guys,

I happen to be at Ennis last night also. I only saw two red Gen2s and a white Gen1. One of which belongs to Mr. Willie. I was in the black Gen 1. Are you guys going next Friday?

T Hogg

andy_cain
05-25-2002, 09:03 PM
I left at about 10:00 PM last night...got 4 runs in and figured that was good enough for the night.
I will not be there next weekend since I am having my L "reworked" :banana:

I plan on running again the following weekend (7-7) if the track is open just to get some timed runs in with the new mods...

wesman
05-26-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by T Hogg
Hey guys,

I happen to be at Ennis last night also. I only saw two red Gen2s and a white Gen1. One of which belongs to Mr. Willie. I was in the black Gen 1. Are you guys going next Friday?

T Hogg

The other red Gen2 was pretty worked, he had ET slicks on..not sure what else he had but I saw him runa 12.2

I saw the black Gen 1, I guess that was yours. Saw you race the rx7.com car, pretty good race.

I also saw a white Gen 2, he was the tech guy....didn't run at all though.

I wont be back until I get all my mods.....by the time they are all installed it will be end of june probably.

I close on my house in a week and a half so I will be busy moving stuff...hopefully all the parts will be here within two weeks, I know my single blade TB is on backorder but he said it should be in withing a week or so.

Once everything is on I plan to go back out there, most likely last week of June of first week of July.

I'll post and see if anyone else is interested.