PDA

View Full Version : CCW in DFW ?

my2002lightning
07-17-2003, 11:21 PM
What are some good places to qualify both classwork/range work at ONE place here on the "right-side" of DFW?

Thanks,

Ronald :d

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/2536-3926-65543.jpg

Moonshine
07-21-2003, 01:23 PM
If by the "right side" you mean north of the Trinity I can't help you. If you're willing to go south I can give you a couple of good places. :d

BTW, tell her to open that left eye, and get her hand up higher on the grip. :tu:

my2002lightning
07-21-2003, 10:34 PM
MoonShine,

By "rightside" I meant near Dallas to take the written test/range qual., etc (whatever is req'd nowadays in Tejas).

But, I am willing to travel for a good range.

Ronald

Yep! One eye closed is not tactically correct! :nono:. The funny thing is in the HK glossy literature a few years ago, they have the SWAT entry-team guy in his balaclava/etc with ONE EYE CLOSED ! :eek:

L8 APEX
07-21-2003, 10:57 PM
I think we need a poll on who thinks Ronald should carry a handgun:eek2: Check with your local gun store there is a CHL class in every zip code now days. I myself would rather take a debate class and resolve issues with peace:beer:

my2002lightning
07-21-2003, 11:57 PM
"Better to have IT and not need it ... than NEED it and not have it."

Moonshine
07-22-2003, 08:54 AM
First place I'd recommend is Texas Defensive Shooting Academy http://www.tdsa.net/ . They're off I45 near Ferris. The second place is Bullseye Range in Duncanville at (972) 780-1807.

As for HK's ad copy, well those are put together by the marketing folks, and they never have the shooter's check them out for realism/accuracy.

BTW, whenever I finally make it back to a meeting and meet you we need to talk about your hometown. My in-laws are from Madill.

Silver_2000
07-22-2003, 09:12 AM
First place I'd recommend is Texas Defensive Shooting Academy http://www.tdsa.net/ . They're off I45 near Ferris. The second place is Bullseye Range in Duncanville at (972) 780-1807.

As for HK's ad copy, well those are put together by the marketing folks, and they never have the shooter's check them out for realism/accuracy.

BTW, whenever I finally make it back to a meeting and meet you we need to talk about your hometown. My in-laws are from Madill.

Septembers meeting is in Arliington.

If you dont make that one we will have to start looking for a new "Sargent at Arms"

:eek2:

Moonshine
07-22-2003, 09:13 AM
Septembers meeting is in Arliington.

If you dont make that one we will have to start looking for a new "Sargent at Arms"

:eek2:

Should make September. Skeet league ends Aug 28th. :tu:

my2002lightning
07-22-2003, 07:37 PM

Moonshine,

What's the inlaw's last name? Chances are I know them or OF them. Small world! PM me...

I remember the old days when Madill had 2 stoplights! :eek2::D

I wouldn't mind retiring there some day and live my days hunting/fishing and enjoying the L (as a CLASSIC) !

Ronald

Moonshine
07-23-2003, 09:19 AM
PM sent.