PDA

View Full Version : August - TALON Meet ...

MrsMy2002Lightning
07-17-2003, 12:16 PM
Hey guys ...

I called Dave & Busters to schedule a room or tables for the meeting.

In order to reserve a room we have to pay 40.00 an hour, have a buffet (which means we have to tell them at the time of reservation what everyone wants to eat) and order one drink apiece. Per Dave & Busters the buffet averages 18.95-28.95 PER person.

OR ...

We can eat in their dining room which they said the following:

To Reserve it: We have to tell them what our menu is going to be now and I don't see 25-35 people telling a place 3 weeks ahead of time what they want to eat. lol

Or we can just have someone show up early and grab the room and hope they can keep it open 'till everyone else gets there. If I'm not working by then I can do that, but hopefully I will be hehehe ...

She said the dining room has 2 huge tables and it'll easily sit as many people as we want to be there.

She's sending me menu's ... and info so I can tell you more shortly.

Let me know if you guys want to take the chance on the dining room being open or pick another place.

tliss
07-17-2003, 12:52 PM
Tell them if they want return business they should accommodate....

$40 an hour...:Bullshit. Food's not that good.

Tom

MrsMy2002Lightning
07-17-2003, 01:07 PM
Just received the information from Dave & Busters.

They won't reserve anything period without an hourly charge or a guaranteed menu that starts out at 13.99 per person plus they're going to add on an 18% auto tip.

Or we can send someone in early and hopefully be able to get the dining room area and not have to do any certain "menu" BS they're trying to pull.

You guys let me know if you want to do one of those two options or pick a different place.

Up to you. :)

Crawford
07-17-2003, 01:39 PM
Hmmm... I say f**k them. Lets just take our chances. Dave&Busters = overpriced.

Logan
07-17-2003, 03:02 PM
We'll just show up, if they don't have room, there's a number of other establishments within a 2 or 3 block radius.

George G.
07-18-2003, 09:49 AM
Their loss, not ours.

True Blue Aggie
07-18-2003, 04:24 PM
Keller's is close enough, right? That place seems more applicable to hanging out with each other AND checking out the trucks

blueoval01
07-18-2003, 06:58 PM
Keller's is close enough, right? That place seems more applicable to hanging out with each other AND checking out the trucks
Michael, I like Kellers as well. We went there last year and the "openess" was great. However, being the dead A$$ middle of summer, it may be a tad bit hot sitting around on tailgates. :cool:
But, trips to the restroom won't be as frequent because you'll be sweating any consumed beer out just as fast. :beer:

... my 0.02

Mark #2
07-18-2003, 09:36 PM
Hey, that was my idea about 2 weeks ago.
One more suggestion: Wizards, indoors, with competitive games.

andy_cain
07-19-2003, 11:02 AM
Time is running shorter by the day.
If we keep screwing around we will all end up staying home.
Lets make a decision and stick with it.
I hate the 11th hour changes.:hammer:
I agree that D&D is a joke....but we need to decide on something, and soon or there will be no participation.:nono:

Would be nice to have a vote and somehow weight the vote heavier for the member that consistantly show up. In fairness, it also needs to be a central location where the Arlington guys can make it as well.:tu:

Maybe somewhere off of the North Dallas Tollway in Addison or Plano...just a thought:confused:

True Blue Aggie
07-19-2003, 11:16 AM
We could always go to Carson's. That has a huge parking lot, but me might have to get dressed up for the cocaine and fake boob crowd. Cape Buffalo Grill could be a place. They have a huge place to sit down and eat, along with ample amounts of parking...

my2002lightning
07-20-2003, 04:11 PM
Did someone say STORE BOUGHT (*)(*) ? :tu: SOLD!:D

Honestly, I think I can speak for Laney and I and don't really care where we meet.

D&Bs is a bit of a rip-off though !

Ronald y Elaine

MrsMy2002Lightning
07-21-2003, 12:00 AM
Ok, I've only seen 3 replies about Kellers and 5 replies total. Anyone else?

Let's get some other opinions on the following:

1. moving it to Kellers
2. sticking with Dave & Busters and taking a chance with no tables

Please put up your opinion by Wednesday so we can get this finalized.

I'm adding this as a poll to the events page ... Please go vote. :)

Crawford
07-21-2003, 12:30 AM
D&B would be nice if they wouldnt try to take advantage of us.
Kellers would be nice if it wasnt 120 degrees outside.

:confused:

98Cobra
07-21-2003, 08:07 AM
Honestly, I think I can speak for Laney and I and don't really care where we meet.

:roll

Logan
07-21-2003, 08:25 AM
Those who agree with the original selected location and not making this a pain in the ass, stay silent.

There you go, discussion done. D&B's it is. There's no law that says we all have to be at one table, hell I don't know half of you anyway. ;)

MrsMy2002Lightning
07-21-2003, 08:28 AM
Sounds good to me.

my2002lightning
07-21-2003, 11:29 PM
Typical DBA attitude ! :hammer::roll

FYI, one Admin. to another.... :d

wesman
07-25-2003, 01:00 PM
We could always go to Carson's. That has a huge parking lot, but me might have to get dressed up for the cocaine and fake boob crowd. Cape Buffalo Grill could be a place. They have a huge place to sit down and eat, along with ample amounts of parking...

If we ever do want to go to Carsons, I know one of the owners. That doesn't mean we get discounts or anything but he generally sets aside a few pool tables etc for the Z crowd (he owns a Z). If we want to consider it in the future, I'll ask him about it.

--wes