PDA

View Full Version : Last call for $158 F1's at Tire Rack

J.D. Blackwell
07-17-2003, 09:03 AM
Just letting you guys know. I just bought a set. Hurry, this will end real soon. Ext. 205 Bruno

my2002lightning
07-17-2003, 11:59 AM
I might but I'm holding out for some of the BFG g-Force's for my next set.

http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/assets/pdf/gforce_ta_kdw.pdf

I love that new tread-pattern. :D
But, the closest size is a 295/45/20...:hammer:

Ronald

BTW, how's the truck "rebuild" going?

SILVER2000SVT
07-18-2003, 08:24 AM
Why are the Goodyear F1's at the Tirerack only "W" rated. At least thats how they are listed on the website. The ones I bought at Discount Tire a few months ago are "Z" rated like the stock ones. Are these different tires that they are trying to sell at tirerack? if so what would be the difference?

Jason

L8 APEX
07-18-2003, 12:58 PM
I think W is higher?

SILVER2000SVT
07-18-2003, 01:16 PM
I think you are right. I found this on Tireracks website:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/general/speed.htm

"When Z-speed rated tires were first introduced, they were thought to reflect the highest speed rating that would ever be required. Since that time the automotive industry has found it necessary to add W- and Y-speed ratings (indicated in the tire’s service description) to identify the tires that meet the needs of new vehicles that have extremely high, top speed capabilities. "

So does that mean that the F1's are made in both a Z and W rating or is the "Z" printed on the tire size but the tire is actually a "W" rating. After reading that page at Tirerack it's probably always been a "W" and it is just confusing since there is also a "Z" in the tire size.

J.D. Blackwell
07-20-2003, 03:36 PM
BTW, how's the truck "rebuild" going?

It will be out of the body shop Tuesday or Wednesday and it will be in the paint shop the week after that.

my2002lightning
07-20-2003, 03:51 PM
JDB'well,

Better get 'er back together in time for LFest '03 !

Ronald

J.D. Blackwell
07-20-2003, 03:58 PM
JDB'well,

Better get 'er back together in time for LFest '03 !

Ronald

Don't worry, she will be. I am excited about my paint job. And I am pulling off the 3" Cervini's cowl hood and getting a 6" cowl fabbed to my stock one. Also getting the smooth wiper cowl, smooth bed caps, smooth bed steps, and roll pan. :d Also putting my stall converter back in and changing from the slapper bars to lift bars. And also lowering it some more too.