PDA

View Full Version : My old black C5

L8 APEX
07-14-2003, 09:04 AM
Here is an update on my old black C5 I sold to the 19 yr old.:(
:
Well let's see here. He blew the motor of course after only a month or so. He then got a bad ass motor with Stage II heads and M2 cam. During break-in he wrecks the car again. Ran into a ditch and screwed up the front end completely. Now he is selling the heads and cam and will probably end up getting rid of the car. He has tore it up completely. It was a nice car before he got a hold of it. Interior looks like he put a cat in there and left it there for a few days. :
Here is a pic of the way she was:bows
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/43/MVC-010F.JPG

dboat
07-14-2003, 09:07 AM
that it is pathetic... what a waste of a fine automobile.. I can understand that accidents happen, but to have blown the engine and all. It does make one think that the accident was preventable, but I dont have enough info to make that call.. :crying:

I love C5's.. Terry, can you get me a nice one for $25k or less? just to be my road car...

Dana

Moonshine
07-14-2003, 09:39 AM
Glad I got a chance to drive it before he trashed it. That was one wicked quick street car. :eek2:

L8 APEX
07-14-2003, 04:28 PM
I love C5's.. Terry, can you get me a nice one for $25k or less? just to be my road car...

DanaI'll sell you my red one fixed for 26K or as is for 24.5K. 36K miles, heads up display, active handling/traction control, fog lamps.:tu:
Brian, I gave Eddie a ride in Mellow Yellow Zo6 this afternoon it is only 20hp shy of El' Negro:bows But the Z06 gearing makes up for it. Just wait until the Silver spring Crusher rolls out:eek2: We tried to find Sherry but no luck:crying:

Moonshine
07-14-2003, 04:32 PM
Brian, I gave Eddie a ride in Mellow Yellow Zo6 this afternoon it is only 20hp shy of El' Negro:bows But the Z06 gearing makes up for it.

Yeah, I saw/heard you leaving the parking lot, and a few minutes later Eddie walked in with a kinda' wild eyed look on his face. :roll

L8 APEX
07-14-2003, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I saw/heard you leaving the parking lot, and a few minutes later Eddie walked in with a kinda' wild eyed look on his face. :roll
You can't hear Mellow Yellow she has stock mufflers for a steath appearance:D Once again no traction limits were exceeded:twitch: Eddie seemed a little soft so I took it easy with him.:tu:

dboat
07-14-2003, 05:24 PM
[QUOTE=L8 APEX]I'll sell you my red one fixed for 26K or as is for 24.5K. 36K miles, heads up display, active handling/traction control, fog lamps.:tu:

give me more info on a PM or email... year model, mods, etc... looking for a good ride since it will be used to travel across country and such... normal perf will be fine for this...
Dana

L8 APEX
07-14-2003, 06:29 PM
[QUOTE=L8 APEX]I'll sell you my red one fixed for 26K or as is for 24.5K. 36K miles, heads up display, active handling/traction control, fog lamps.:tu:

give me more info on a PM or email... year model, mods, etc... looking for a good ride since it will be used to travel across country and such... normal perf will be fine for this...
Dana
All stock cept for intake and exhaust. I can put it back to 100% stock or anythign else you need. It is a 99 FRC (fixed roof coupe) one of only 100 built with active handling and HUD.

aliekitn99
07-14-2003, 08:19 PM
Here is an update on my old black C5 I sold to the 19 yr old.:(
:
Well let's see here. He blew the motor of course after only a month or so. He then got a bad ass motor with Stage II heads and M2 cam. During break-in he wrecks the car again. Ran into a ditch and screwed up the front end completely. Now he is selling the heads and cam and will probably end up getting rid of the car. He has tore it up completely. It was a nice car before he got a hold of it. Interior looks like he put a cat in there and left it there for a few days. :
Here is a pic of the way she was:bows
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/43/MVC-010F.JPG

That's sad, it was a gorgeous car...that kid couldn't handle the responsibility of owning all that power...hopefully he'll live long enough to figure that out...

Kim

Crawford
07-14-2003, 09:21 PM
Well thats one less GM junker on the road. Sounds like a good thing if you ask me... ;)

Seriously, that was one sweet ride, saw it when it was up at Pappa's (crappy) BBQ once. RIP :(

L8 APEX
07-15-2003, 01:35 AM
Word is that he is selling the performance parts and putting it back to stock to sell as is with front end damage. He is trying to buy a crotch rocket now:hammer::roll