PDA

View Full Version : Need advise/help with HD purchase

George G.
07-09-2003, 02:22 PM
I'm planning on getting an 03 2-tone HD by September at the latest. My question is this. This will be my 4th new car purchase but it hasn't happened enough for me to master the art of car buying...aka "not getting screwed". I hear of plenty of people seeing or getting the HD's for about $32,xxx. So it seems that buying them at invoice or about 1,000 above shouldn't be a problem. Does anyone have any info/help/advise they can pass along to help me get the best deal possible? If anyone knows some one in Ford Sales that they can refer me to to get that kindof a deal? I have $5,000 for a down payment and I'd like to get a reasonable monthly payment. Is asking for no balloon payment like asking for their left kidney? My last purchase was a 99 Rodeo, 489/mo, with 11K balloon! Yeah, I know....royally screwed with that one.:flaming:

Also(I have to at least ask)....does anyone have a PIN I can borrow/use towards purchasing one of these fine automobiles?(you can pm me if you like,compensation is expected) thanks.

rickgig
07-09-2003, 02:34 PM
My 82 year father in law bought one a couple of months ago. They were starting to get a little scarce then. The 2-tone were lower in production than the all black. That being said, I recently saw two sitting at a Ford lot and I can't remember which dealer it was in the area. He paid right at 31k. A-Plan though

Logan
07-09-2003, 03:16 PM
By September, they'll be fairly scarce, but should still be around... Getting $32k deals right now doesn't require any more effort than walking in and saying, "I'll give you $32500 for it". They'll either say yes or no. If they say no, turn around and leave, don't dick around with them.

George G.
07-09-2003, 03:24 PM
My 82 year father in law bought one a couple of months ago. They were starting to get a little scarce then. The 2-tone were lower in production than the all black. That being said, I recently saw two sitting at a Ford lot and I can't remember which dealer it was in the area. He paid right at 31k. A-Plan though

Can you find out which dealer he went through?

Crawford
07-09-2003, 03:28 PM
In the Friday Dallas Morning News for the last two weeks they have had one advertised at a local Ford dealership for $32,000 I believe, cant remember which one though. Grab the paper and take a look.

Logan
07-09-2003, 03:41 PM
Like Crawford said, they're giving them away right now... Certainly not hard at all to get that price...A couple phone calls maybe.

George G.
07-09-2003, 04:12 PM
Is $5K a reasonable amount for a down payment on truck of this value? Or should I gather up some more? I might be making it harder than it is, I'm just not too savy when it comes to car buying. And of the 4 cars that I've bought in the past, I've yet to get a deal that I can brag about. The only thing I've learned(I think) is to say no and not be pressured into buying.

dboat
07-09-2003, 04:53 PM
George,

I heard a radio ad last night that Duncanville Ford is selling their stuff at X-plan pricing.. doesnt get much better than that.. and you wouldnt have to negotiate..
hope this helps
Dana:tu:

Crawford
07-09-2003, 05:11 PM
Found it!

Randall Noe Ford
1-800-325-0349
$31,888
The picture shows the 2 tone edition.
Good luck!

Logan
07-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Go through peoplefirst.com if your credit is excellent. At that point, you fill in the blank check they send you for the exact amount you want to finance. No downpayment req'd, No LTV ratio's or the dealer doing 8 million credit checks on you by shopping you out to worry about.

rickgig
07-09-2003, 05:17 PM
Crawford...

That's where my father in law bought his over a month ago and they said that was it for the two-tone... I am sure they can get a dealer transfer but I'd like to know if they have one really on the lot.

99WhiteBeast
07-09-2003, 06:25 PM
Ditto on what Logan said- PeopleFirst.com rocks:tu:

My credit union could even get in the game, hell the same ballpark as these guys did for me on a used Gen I

Fill out the form online, approved within the hour, blank check in your mailbox two days later-looks like your personal check to cut a the dealership or with an individual.:cool:

tliss
07-09-2003, 06:52 PM
Is $5K a reasonable amount for a down payment on truck of this value? Or should I gather up some more? I might be making it harder than it is, I'm just not too savy when it comes to car buying. And of the 4 cars that I've bought in the past, I've yet to get a deal that I can brag about. The only thing I've learned(I think) is to say no and not be pressured into buying.

That depends on what you want your payments to be, or if you value your cash now or your cash later. You can finance the whole ball of wax and pay $800+ per month and be out a heap of cash every month for the life of your loan, or you can put cash down, save a little on payments and be out cash now. I personally put down $13K on my truck and financed $21K (yes, I paid sticker), yielding payments of a little over $400/mo. A decent estimate of your payment will be $100-$150/month for every $5K financed. Not the most scientific formula, but it is OK for my needs :tu:

Tom

Logan
07-09-2003, 07:16 PM
Generally for decent credit, you can count on $20/mo per thousand financed.

L8 APEX
07-09-2003, 11:12 PM
Generally for decent credit, you can count on $20/mo per thousand financed.Yeah, watch those bastards on the back end of the deal about delivery, make ready, theft guard, disability ins, GAP ins. and other asnine charges:bs $5K is about didly for a down payment. That will only cover your TT&L and you will be upside down in the truck for at least three years. There are a lot of loan calculators on the web at {url=http://www.peoplefirst.com/pff/site_calc_popup.cfm?USE_TARGET=TRUE&ELC=N&PFFSRCID=SRED02CALCPOPTL*TL0003***&d=1]Edmunds[/url], Carfax etc.. With 5K down payments with good credit should be 550-600 a month:tu: