PDA

View Full Version : Dyno Day - Keith Craft Motorsports July 26th?

tliss
07-09-2003, 12:30 PM
Saturday, July 26th beginning at 9:00am.

Keith Craft Motorsports is located at 1611 North Central Expy in Plano, just north of 15th street on the southbound access road. The phone number is 972-578-3550. We've got 16 confirmed. Price is $35 for 3 pulls + A/F.

They are very enthusiastic about getting us onto their new above-ground dyno, so let's get a good showing. I know I'll be there.

Here's who we have so far: 15 :banana:, (possibly 16):

tliss
Crawford
dboat
Shiner1
cpeapea
99WhiteBeast
Alpine
02BOLT
Mark #2
My2002Lightning
jmlay
Autothrottle (possible)
RevLimit (FordTruckWorld)
TXBLU
devildog92
microsuck (bastage that backed out...:flaming: )
Naterun

Tom

dboat
07-09-2003, 12:42 PM
Me!!!!:nana2:nana2

Shiner1
07-09-2003, 01:29 PM
You can count on me!!!:tu:

-- John

Crawford
07-09-2003, 01:49 PM
I am in!

cpeapea
07-09-2003, 04:01 PM
im in if the whole speedworks thing doesnt work out

tliss
07-09-2003, 04:07 PM
im in if the whole speedworks thing doesnt work out

I think Speedworks crapped the bed! Time to go to a place that wants us visiting!

So far it looks like we have 5!

tliss
Crawford
dboat
Shiner1
cpeapea

I know more of the guys wanted to come out...

Tom

99WhiteBeast
07-09-2003, 06:17 PM
I'm in- I need a baseline.

Can my 3 runs include different vehicles:D

tliss
07-09-2003, 06:46 PM
Can my 3 runs include different vehicles:D

URA nut!

wesman
07-09-2003, 07:53 PM
URA nut!

I really need to go before the 26th, the new chip will be here on Fri. Is noone goign anywhere this weekend anymore ?

--wes

Alpine
07-09-2003, 08:33 PM
Im in, I can probably get rob(02bolt) to go if it's not raining:D If his truck gets wet, it pisses Roy D off!:hammer:

Autothrottle
07-10-2003, 06:15 AM
wesman
The SHO club has booked Speed Works this weekend but they said we are more than welcome to attend. If you would like to go come on out, I'll be there.
I beleave they start at 9am.

wesman
07-10-2003, 09:05 AM
wesman
The SHO club has booked Speed Works this weekend but they said we are more than welcome to attend. If you would like to go come on out, I'll be there.
I beleave they start at 9am.

ool...I'll probably head out there then. I need to go out and have them look at my electric fan too. I had it hooked up before I brought it in and it worked great...after they swapped the heads, no workie :confused:

Same with my boost gauges...so once I get those things ironed out it's dyno time.....thanks for the info :tu:

--wes

tliss
07-10-2003, 09:42 AM
Did I mention that Keith Craft will let you run your truck on their dyno if you want? For those of you guys that have always wanted to do this, here's your chance! Try getting the guys at SpeedWorks to let you drive on their dyno!!:evil

Tom

Mark #2
07-10-2003, 04:46 PM
Did I mention that Keith Craft will let you run your truck on their dyno if you want? For those of you guys that have always wanted to do this, here's your chance! Try getting the guys at SpeedWorks to let you drive on their dyno!!:evil

TomI stopped by Keith Craft Motosports too. It's one of those scary dynos 8 feet in the air. Load and unload time will be slow. I'll take one for the group and check out my HP numbers in July. We should have all the trucks dynoed by the same person to lower the variables.

Autothrottle
07-11-2003, 02:58 PM
I just found out that the SHO club has decided not to attend Speed Works since the price has jumped.
They found a place in Richardson with a Dyno Jet that charges $30 for 3 pulls with A/F:eek: and $10 for each additional pull

I'll try to find out the name of the place today.

I also called Speed Works to find out how much they would charge tomorrow......$70 for 3 pulls :hammer:

dboat
07-11-2003, 03:03 PM
I also called Speed Works to find out how much they would charge tomorrow......$70 for 3 pulls :hammer::Bullshit

too bad, SW just seems intent on losing our business permanently.. guess they dont need nor want it..:nono:

tliss
07-12-2003, 10:41 AM
Dab nabbit! I woke up this morning and realized something! The weekedn of the 26th is when my sister is going to be here visiting! Son of a biotch! I'm figuring I'm still in, I'll just probably bring my brother in law and nephew with me. If it's OK with you guys, I'd like to be one of the first trucks to run...looks like I'll have to be heading back early.

By the way, so far we have 9, possibly 10 confirmed! We still need a few more!

Tom

Crawford
07-13-2003, 09:27 AM
Tom,

Have you called them to book our day yet?

jmlay
07-13-2003, 01:08 PM
I'm in! It will give me a reason to get the truck clean again, been setting 2 weeks when I was out of town... :burnout:

Mike

02BOLT
07-13-2003, 02:02 PM
Go ahead and count me in. I,ll check with Mark(Autothrottle) also, I know he wants to get a baseline on his combination. I don't believe he wound up going with the SHO guys on Saturday.:burnout:

tliss
07-13-2003, 04:19 PM
Tom,

Have you called them to book our day yet?Yep. We are all set for the 26th. I just need to get him total number of trucks so he can charge us properly. I set it up Friday and told them that we have 8 so far, but I'll update it once we hit 13+ total. Looks like we're at 11, and possibly 12 now, so we're almost there!

By the way, I think they open at 10am on Saturdays, and they may open up earlier if needbe. I'll post the time once it is confirmed. Maybe I'll even bring donuts...:eek2:

Tom

dboat
07-13-2003, 04:39 PM
Yep. We are all set for the 26th. I just need to get him total number of trucks so he can charge us properly. I set it up Friday and told them that we have 8 so far, but I'll update it once we hit 13+ total. Looks like we're at 11, and possibly 12 now, so we're almost there!

By the way, I think they open at 10am on Saturdays, and they may open up earlier if needbe. I'll post the time once it is confirmed. Maybe I'll even bring donuts...:eek2:

Tom

Krispy Kreme?:eek2:

tliss
07-13-2003, 05:00 PM
Krispy Kreme?:eek2:

I don't have a shop close by. I could go to Albertson's and get the stale ones....:D

Tom

dboat
07-14-2003, 09:11 AM
I don't have a shop close by. I could go to Albertson's and get the stale ones....:D

Tom

Well gee Tom, since the place doesnt open until 10a, you cant drive to a place to get some freshun's for your L brothren? :hammer:

I'll bring the coffe like last time... only if you bring freshuns..:tu:

Dana

tliss
07-14-2003, 09:30 AM
Well gee Tom, since the place doesnt open until 10a, you cant drive to a place to get some freshun's for your L brothren? :hammer:

I'll bring the coffe like last time... only if you bring freshuns..:tu:

Dana

The nearest store is in Frisco....hmmm....go 15-20 miles out of my way for donuts.....that better be some great coffee..:hammer:

Tom

dboat
07-14-2003, 09:54 AM
The nearest store is in Frisco....hmmm....go 15-20 miles out of my way for donuts.....that better be some great coffee..:hammer:

Tom

Absolutely, it will be great coffee... by the way, its for the L brethren not just for me.. besides your bro n law will enjoy the cruise... :evil

TXBLU
07-15-2003, 11:25 AM
I posted a reply over in the General Discussion area on this. Kwick Kar in Richardson is doing a dyno day on the 20th for DFWStangs.net. $30.00, 3 pulls with A/F, 10:00 to 4:00. Go to http://www.dfwstangs.net/ for more info.

tliss: You can add me to the list of those going to Keith's on the 26th. I will bo to both, just to see what the differences are between dynos. I will try to get weather data so I can correct and compare the two shops. Why not? Hopefully, we can all settle on which shop to use on a regular basis. Isn't this fun?!?! :tu:

tliss
07-15-2003, 12:58 PM
I posted a reply over in the General Discussion area on this. Kwick Kar in Richardson is doing a dyno day on the 20th for DFWStangs.net. $30.00, 3 pulls with A/F, 10:00 to 4:00. Go to http://www.dfwstangs.net/ for more info.

tliss: You can add me to the list of those going to Keith's on the 26th. I will bo to both, just to see what the differences are between dynos. I will try to get weather data so I can correct and compare the two shops. Why not? Hopefully, we can all settle on which shop to use on a regular basis. Isn't this fun?!?! :tu:

I may go over there to check it out, but I won't dyno until the 26th at Keith Craft. Hmmmmm...the competition is getting fierce.

Tom

Shiner1
07-15-2003, 01:35 PM
I may go over there to check it out, but I won't dyno until the 26th at Keith Craft. Hmmmmm...the competition is getting fierce.

Tom

Speed Works loses again....

-- John

my2002lightning
07-17-2003, 07:52 PM
I stopped by Keith Craft Motosports too. It's one of those scary dynos 8 feet in the air. Load and unload time will be slow. I'll take one for the group and check out my HP numbers in July. We should have all the trucks dynoed by the same person to lower the variables.
Uh...why the hell is the dyno 8 ft. in the sky ? :confused:

The parent's will probably be here that day/afternoon, but I'll "try" to make it... long story.

This would be a good opp. to get a baseline and to see if I have a "c#ck-strong" L or not from the factory. I understand BONE STOCK HP/TQ #s are all over the place... Interesting.

Ronald

tliss
07-18-2003, 02:04 PM
I went into Keith Craft this afternoon and we are good to go for $35 each on the 26th. I let them know that we have 13 and possibly 15 total coming.

Backing out now is not an option :nono:.

Tom

tliss
07-18-2003, 02:12 PM
Also, here are all the details (I'll pot them in the first post as well):

Saturday, July 26th beginning at 9:00am.
Keith Craft Motorsports is located at 1611 North Central Expy in Plano, just north of 15th street on the southbound access road. The phone number is 972-578-3550. We've got 13 confirmed, but could use a few more for cusion. Price is $35 for 3 pulls + A/F.

Tom

Natetrun
07-20-2003, 10:10 PM
count me in.

Natetrun
07-22-2003, 02:10 PM
i might can get one more. give me till tomorrow.

microsuck
07-23-2003, 11:32 AM
yeah, I posted in the wrong thread. this should be here.
dang it something like this always happens. You guys are going to have to count me out. I have to be somewhere on saturday (literally all day)......
shucks
Andrew

tliss
07-23-2003, 12:23 PM
yeah, I posted in the wrong thread. this should be here.
dang it something like this always happens. You guys are going to have to count me out. I have to be somewhere on saturday (literally all day)......
shucks
Andrew

Bastage :Bullshit!

microsuck
07-23-2003, 01:02 PM
unfortunately I need more than 3 pulls for what I am doing, so a session bay be in the very near future (less than a week). Tom, i'll call you if you want to see the carnage.
andrew

Natetrun
07-23-2003, 04:46 PM
unfortunately I need more than 3 pulls for what I am doing, so a session bay be in the very near future (less than a week). Tom, i'll call you if you want to see the carnage.
andrew

carnage of the motor, bwahaha! ha ah h haha :roll

;)

Natetrun
07-24-2003, 08:05 PM
Vinson is going. add him to the list!

Crawford
07-24-2003, 10:50 PM
One day remaining!!! :banana::nana2:banana::nana2:banana::nana2:banana:

99WhiteBeast
07-25-2003, 08:01 AM
Just to confirm directions- Exit 15th off 75 whip a U and come back to the south:confused:

Shiner1
07-25-2003, 12:27 PM
Hey guys sorry to bail. My wife is in the hospital. Have to get a rain check.

-- john

wesman
07-25-2003, 12:55 PM
I wont be there....truck is running like crappola. It lopes like it has some agressive race cams in it....searching for idle like crazy. Unless by some divine intervention the L gods shine down on me and fix my truck....me and the Kenne Bell will be sitting at home :(

--wes

Mark #2
07-25-2003, 01:34 PM
I wont be there....truck is running like crappola. It lopes like it has some agressive race cams in it....searching for idle like crazy. Unless by some divine intervention the L gods shine down on me and fix my truck....me and the Kenne Bell will be sitting at home :(

--wes

Wes,
Check the plug tightness, unstable idle is the first indication.

microsuck
07-25-2003, 03:23 PM
I bet you unplugged a vac line...........

02BOLT
07-25-2003, 10:50 PM

--wes
Wes, the EXACT same thing happened to me two weeks ago. Turns out the vacuum line that connects to the top of the EGR valve laid up against the EGR pipe, thus burning a hole in it. At first I thought it was a spark plug as well. I'd almost be willing to bet that it is something along those lines, especially with all of the work that has been done on your truck. You could have easily shifted a vacuum line too close to a hot piece OR maybe one simply came off. Hope this helps.:tu:

Rob

wesman
07-25-2003, 11:09 PM
Wes, the EXACT same thing happened to me two weeks ago. Turns out the vacuum line that connects to the top of the EGR valve laid up against the EGR pipe, thus burning a hole in it. At first I thought it was a spark plug as well. I'd almost be willing to bet that it is something along those lines, especially with all of the work that has been done on your truck. You could have easily shifted a vacuum line too close to a hot piece OR maybe one simply came off. Hope this helps.:tu:

Rob

lol...to be honest I'm not sure what vacuum line goes where....they are all on the lines I took them off of but that says nothing. The truck hasn't been running right since the head incident....I just put back what I took off....I also know there is an issue with where the upper plenum meets up with the SC....for some reason it wont fit snuggly. I'm gonna try to remedy that tomorrow. All in all it has been a huge PITA since Nov...so much so I didn't even want to get it fixed for the longest time. Now I'm at the point where I just want it to work and not break anymore....or i'll just get rid of it.....it's doing nothing but sitting in the driveway taking up space anyway.

Thanks for the tips guys....and as far as the plugs...I just switched them all out with the blower swap...snugged them all up good. There was apparently an issue with either the tune or some other AF issue because the first 2 plugs on the drivers side were toast....that may explain the lack of top end power at the end of the 1/4 mile...6 cylinders aren't good for much more than 13.6's at 102 apparently.:hammer:

--wes

microsuck
07-26-2003, 12:04 AM
Wes, the EXACT same thing happened to me two weeks ago. Turns out the vacuum line that connects to the top of the EGR valve laid up against the EGR pipe, thus burning a hole in it.
This exact same thing has happened to me 3 times. The first two were fords fault. Its zip-tied safely away now.

99WhiteBeast
07-26-2003, 12:37 AM
Ditto myself on that v line to the EGR- cost me $80- I should have just opened the hood and I would've saw it:hammer: