PDA

View Full Version : Tranny in and out in less than 24 hours

L8 APEX
07-09-2003, 10:42 AM
I think someone up staris is testing me:rolleyes: I finally got the right rebuild kit from Art Carr and got the transmission back together. I installed it the same day and installed the long tubes and went to tighten the converter bolts. Two bolts go on okay then next one breaks the stud off.. Okay, I have 5 good ones left. So the next one twists off easily:hammer: I call my now good friends at Art Carr and they let me know there was a bad run of covers where the metal crystalized during welding and was weakened. They thought they caught them all before they left the plant. I guess not:Bullshit So they are sending me another converter with the good studs. So now all I have to do is pull the headers off and drop the tranny again:banana:. I was so ready to fire the beast through straight headers last night:crying:. I think I know how Wilie Coyote felt using all those ACME products. Back to the drawing board..

Logan
07-09-2003, 10:59 AM
hahahahahah...

Brother, your luck SUCKS.

L8 APEX
07-09-2003, 11:49 AM
hahahahahah...

Brother, your luck SUCKS.
I forgot to mention that Bankston lost my wheel key, resivour caps, broke a heater hose connector, and cracked a valve cover removing the engine. I paid to fix and replace all of that as well.
Funny thing a customer dropped off a Z06 yesterday for a lot of work. He said that Frank Parra fixed a flat and said his tire were runflats, LOL. Z06's are NOT runflats. They also put the tire back on the rim backwards. I showed him the letters on the sidewall saying "mount this side facing inwards" What is America coming to:vomit:

z0sense
07-09-2003, 10:44 PM
I forgot to mention that Bankston lost my wheel key, resivour caps, broke a heater hose connector, and cracked a valve cover removing the engine. I paid to fix and replace all of that as well.
Funny thing a customer dropped off a Z06 yesterday for a lot of work. He said that Frank Parra fixed a flat and said his tire were runflats, LOL. Z06's are NOT runflats. They also put the tire back on the rim backwards. I showed him the letters on the sidewall saying "mount this side facing inwards" What is America coming to:vomit:

Terry did that Z06 get finished today?

Please tell me you aren't talking about the tranny that you installed just the other day........

Looks like you're in for another long night!

You know me brutha, I can help you out:)

L8 APEX
07-09-2003, 11:01 PM
Terry did that Z06 get finished today?

Please tell me you aren't talking about the tranny that you installed just the other day........

Looks like you're in for another long night!

You know me brutha, I can help you out:)
The Z06 was a day early because the owner had to go out of town Wednesday. We did the Marauder today and will start the Z in the morning. Yep the beasty tranny has to come down and get a revised converter:hammer: This will be the 6th time I have pulled my tranny in 26K miles. I should create some kind of quick release system for it!

z0sense
07-09-2003, 11:03 PM
The Z06 was a day early because the owner had to go out of town Wednesday. We did the Marauder today and will start the Z in the morning. Yep the beasty tranny has to come down and get a revised converter:hammer: This will be the 6th time I have pulled my tranny in 26K miles. I should create some kind of quick release system for it!

I'll be there

My heads will be here by 10:30 fedex priority overnight :)

L8 APEX
07-09-2003, 11:17 PM
I'll be there

My heads will be here by 10:30 fedex priority overnight :)
Your Comp R rockers are in a white small box on the shelf above the cams and springs in the storage room. I forgot to tell you they came yesterday:banana:I decided PR will install no cams over a 112 LSA in C5's:nono: I can't wait to throw the spring crusher in the silver bullet:evil

z0sense
07-09-2003, 11:20 PM
Your Comp R rockers are in a white small box on the shelf above the cams and springs in the storage room. I forgot to tell you they came yesterday:banana:I decided PR will install no cams over a 112 LSA in C5's:nono: I can't wait to throw the spring crusher in the silver bullet:evil

Why did you decide not to do any cams under 112lsa?

BTW,

Where are my studs HONKEY.......?

L8 APEX
07-09-2003, 11:27 PM
Why did you decide not to do any cams under 112lsa?

BTW,

Where are my studs HONKEY.......?
They will be permanently lost in shipping if you keep that up:hammer: I just like the sound of 112 and lower cams:beer: I am thinking of a TT setup in the future. Since I rode in that LPE 427 TT 650HP I am hooked like a crack whore:bows:banana:

z0sense
07-09-2003, 11:30 PM
They will be permanently lost in shipping if you keep that up:hammer: I just like the sound of 112 and lower cams:beer: I am thinking of a TT setup in the future. Since I rode in that LPE 427 TT 650HP I am hooked like a crack whore:bows:banana:

I thought you meant nothing under....sorry:)

BTW,
I am on a 109 lsa (I needed to hear you are okay with that!)

Also you didn't anwser my question:cool:, and I am sorry about my incompetent friend on the eradispeeds.......

L8 APEX
07-10-2003, 11:46 PM
I have been blessed with yet more good luck today:hammer: In the process of pushing my truck into the shop for the night, they ran my tire into the lift arm and sliced the sidewall:Bullshit So now I have to weld a nut on the wheel lock to remove it. Then I have to buy two new tires since they are worn enough I need a matching set to handle properly:vomit: Going to bed now I have had enough of today.

Logan
07-11-2003, 07:34 AM
Ahhhhhhhh... A constant source of amusement for Logan... Thanks Terry!

L8 APEX
07-18-2003, 02:11 PM
Ahhhhhhhh... A constant source of amusement for Logan... Thanks Terry!
I got the new converter in yesterday. Thanks to recent events I can now drop the tranny, install converter, and have it buttoned up in about 3 hours:hammer: I know each socket, extension, tool combo needed for each bolt and nut.. Soon:burnout:

Logan
07-18-2003, 02:43 PM
You're assuming the engine is actually going to run. Remember, this is YOU we're talking about. You're luck is just not going to allow the truck to fire right up... You know it!

L8 APEX
07-18-2003, 09:02 PM
You're assuming the engine is actually going to run. Remember, this is YOU we're talking about. You're luck is just not going to allow the truck to fire right up... You know it!
I am single and therefore blessed:bows

z0sense
07-18-2003, 09:04 PM
I am single and therefore blessed:bows

You need to baby sit my little squirt:)