PDA

View Full Version : MotoCross anyone???

andy_cain
05-22-2002, 02:27 PM
Any one here race/ride motocross?
If so, Do you use your "L" to pull a trailer?
Having a bunch of mods done to my "L" and wondering if it is going to effect the towing of my SeeDoo or my 3 rail?

L8 APEX
05-22-2002, 04:03 PM
L's pull great! I have towed a Vette with mine. If you tow heavy loads you will want a dual program chip made for towing so you avoid too much heat and detonation. Get some ZR rated tires on the trailer though:D

andy_cain
05-22-2002, 04:29 PM
I just ordered a 4# lower pulley, Denzo plugs, 90MM MAF, Cool air intake, and single mode AutoLogic chip. Should be in and installed by next weekend.
I have a Diablo chip in now with K&N air filter but have had some trouble wiith the chip and predetonation, even with 93 octaine fule running.
Plan on running it at Ennis this Friday if it doesn't rain and see what it does then I will have a benchmark to compare it to when I get the new work all done to it and the new chip programed.
Just didn't know if pulling things would be too much a load especially in light of the fact that the truck has 30K miles on it......almost wish I would have bought a 2 stage chip...too late now.

L8 APEX
05-22-2002, 04:49 PM
I told you the same thing this morning when you placed the order. Make a decision ASAP I may be able to get it changed before it goes in the mail.. As for towing under 1000lbs like bikes and Sea Doo's a street program should be fine. But for towing over 1000 lbs like boats and cars I would run a towing program. Everything was in stock and should be here for next weekend!:tu:

andy_cain
05-22-2002, 04:57 PM
I know the SeeDoo is under 1000, Just not sure if the three bikes on the three rail would be close.
Guess the wifes truck can pull the 3 rail and I can pull the SeeDoo...
Can't wait to get it all put in and run at Ennis.
Glad that all the parts were in as well.
Most days I office from home and can meet you during the days to have the stuff installed if that fits your schedule:banana:

Moonshine
05-22-2002, 05:01 PM
I don't motocross, but I do pull a 5' X 8' utility trailer with an ATV on it a fair amount. I have a single (street performance) program chip, and I don't pull the chip when I tow. With a trailer and load that light (under 1500 lbs.) it's no problem, and the L. does tow great. :burnout:

02TrueBlue
05-23-2002, 07:56 AM
I wanted to autocross with my cobra, but never did before I got rid of it. So I may have to try it in the L.. I will also be using my L to do minor work around the house.. carry dirt to level lawn, take stuff to the dump, etc.

Sixpipes
05-23-2002, 08:29 AM
OK. I think you are talking about Autocross, right?

http://www.svtlightnings.com/talon/staging.JPG :cool:

02TrueBlue
05-23-2002, 10:18 AM
sorry, thats what I meant.. boss walked up behind me while I was typing. :(

I was looking at a gixxer 750 the other day to do motocross with, but had to drop that idea.