PDA

View Full Version : Mortgage Hookups?

Logan
07-07-2003, 02:10 PM
Anyone got an insider mortgage hookup? No fly-by-nights or po-dunk companies need apply.

Gonna refinance the crib, rates are starting to move in the wrong direction so gonna get done this week. Best so far is 4.5%, 15yr note with no points, no orig. lender fee's sub-$1k.

Anyone got hookups with lower %??

andy_cain
07-07-2003, 02:52 PM
Anyone got an insider mortgage hookup? No fly-by-nights or po-dunk companies need apply.

Gonna refinance the crib, rates are starting to move in the wrong direction so gonna get done this week. Best so far is 4.5%, 15yr note with no points, no orig. lender fee's sub-$1k.

Anyone got hookups with lower %??

3.99%...working mine now....
http://home.ingdirect.com/

:D

tliss
07-07-2003, 02:58 PM
Are you going to incur closing costs? This company is a little higher as far as interest rate, but no out of pocket at closing:

www.jamesbnutter.com (http://www.jamesbnutter.com)

Tom

Silver_2000
07-07-2003, 03:53 PM
3.99%...working mine now....
http://home.ingdirect.com/

:D

ING only offers ARMs

With the rates the lowest in decades it makes more sense to go Fixed

Tony2000
07-07-2003, 04:35 PM
My girlfriend works for World Savings. They are a direct lender. give her a call her name is Julia Fuentes 469-556-9312, see if she can help. Tell her Tony said to call.:tu:

Silver_2000
07-07-2003, 04:44 PM
My girlfriend works for World Savings. They are a direct lender. give her a call her name is Julia Fuentes 469-556-9312, see if she can help. Tell her Tony said to call.:tu:

Washington Mututal has No closing costs - True NO cost refi's

Like Tom said they wont be 3% but you wont bring a penny to the tabel and the loan amt doesnt magically go up 4-6k. Washington Mutual has issues with cust service and reputation however

I have banked at Bank of America for years - I asked them for a No cl;osong costs loan and they said that didnt do that - So I asked what the lowest closing costs decent rate loan they had was...

3 weeks ago it was 5.3% and I only had to bring $320 to the table .. After looking at the details $550 was prepaid Insurance and Interest. SO in essence they were paying me $230 to take the loan since I woul have to pay the Ins and onterest no matter what... I didnt take the deal at the time and when I went back a few days later the rates had changed...

Im still looking for a no cost 5.3% or lower 15 year fixed note - From a respectable company

Doug

Logan
07-07-2003, 05:06 PM
I don't do ARM's... at least not with Fixed rates so low...

Rates are going up again tomorrow, locked in at 4.5% no points at the last possible moment this pm...Closing costs are really that big a deal as I intend on keeping the loan for 4 or 5 years, plenty of payback over what I'm paying now...

Rates are poppin' to 4.675 tomorrow with the same lender...Nothin' like savin' $100k in interest to make one's day.

Silver_2000
07-07-2003, 05:11 PM
I don't do ARM's... at least not with Fixed rates so low...

Rates are going up again tomorrow, locked in at 4.5% no points at the last possible moment this pm...Closing costs are really that big a deal as I intend on keeping the loan for 4 or 5 years, plenty of payback over what I'm paying now...

Rates are poppin' to 4.675 tomorrow with the same lender...Nothin' like savin' $100k in interest to make one's day.

WHO ??

How much cabbage is 4.5 refi costing you ? - Total to table ?

Wht95Lightning
07-07-2003, 08:04 PM
Washington Mututal has No closing costs - True NO cost refi's

Im still looking for a no cost 5.3% or lower 15 year fixed note - From a respectable company

Doug

I got mine 5.0% for 15 years fixed about 2 months ago from Washington Mutual and they ended up sending ME a check too.
Not a dime out of my pocket + I got to skip the May payment.

:beer:

Logan
07-07-2003, 10:30 PM
Total cabbage will be about 3200 to refi... More importantly, going from a 30 to a 15...

blueoval01
07-07-2003, 10:50 PM
Good news, Logan.
The difference between a 30 yr and 15 yr will amaze you.
:tu:

Silver_2000
07-07-2003, 11:00 PM
It would take me 10 years of a 15 year note to justify 3200 in closing costs :eek2::eek2:

Logan
07-08-2003, 07:38 AM
Versus paying the same money in higher interest rates for supposed "no cost" loans?

Washington mutual, as of today carries a "no cost" loan of 4.62% with a APR of a mind-boggling 5.23%!! No cost my ass. No costs loans are a marketing gimmick, they get their money from the higher interest rates and an anal probe and some lube.

You show me a 4.5% refi for no points, no orig, no closing costs and I'm there buddy... I'd rather pay the cost up front than have someone ramming it up my ass for 15 years. After 10 years, you've paid alot more than $3200 via that higher interest rate.

dboat
07-09-2003, 09:14 AM
was with GMAC.. they were actually pretty decent. you might try them.. they also own, DiTech,, yes those guys that advertise like crazy on the tv.
Dana

Silver_2000
07-09-2003, 09:37 AM
Versus paying the same money in higher interest rates for supposed "no cost" loans?

Washington mutual, as of today carries a "no cost" loan of 4.62% with a APR of a mind-boggling 5.23%!! No cost my ass. No costs loans are a marketing gimmick, they get their money from the higher interest rates and an anal probe and some lube.

You show me a 4.5% refi for no points, no orig, no closing costs and I'm there buddy... I'd rather pay the cost up front than have someone ramming it up my ass for 15 years. After 10 years, you've paid alot more than $3200 via that higher interest rate.
Hang on ... Neither you or I will be in our houses for 15 years.

Rather than comparing to the best rate avail on the market, look at COST to you. My current loan is at 6.22 % - When I refi'ed in Dec my old loan was 7.75. It cost me NOTHING- Zero- Zilch to go down 1.5% or so. Could I have "bought" the loan lower yep..

**** if money is no object you can buy as low a rate as you want... Using your example on my loan it would take 5 years of the 15 year note to pay back the 3200 saved by going .6% lower. AND now that I have refi'ed twice in 6 months that term just went to 10 years. So for the next 10 years I am saving NOTHING by refinanancing .... Why bother ?

Making your goal the theorectical minimum APR gets really expensive. A more reasonable goal is to save as much as possible off the current rate.

Doug

Logan
07-09-2003, 10:58 AM
Blah blah blah blah. Without sitting down and looking at GFE's, financial statements and interviewing each other, it's kinda hard to argue the point. :)

Silver_2000
07-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Blah blah blah blah. Without sitting down and looking at GFE's, financial statements and interviewing each other, it's kinda hard to argue the point. :)

Kinda hard nothing - We are doing a fine job of arguing... LOL:eek2:

Moonshine
07-10-2003, 02:35 PM
I've been looking for a decent refinance for the past few weeks. Think I'm going with Washington Mutual, 5.3% on a 30 year fixed, no closing costs.