PDA

View Full Version : Schedule conflict wedding or Lightning fest?

L8 APEX
07-06-2003, 01:01 AM
My good buddy just called me announcing his wedding date of Saturday September 27th:hammer: He is a close friend and 28 so it isn't a cheesy "catch the next one" wedding. He has enough guys to run the event without me but I was #2 on his list.
On the other hand I have spent a lot of money and effort to set up for L fest. I am a supporting tuner of TALON and feel an obligation to cruise with the gang. Not to mention in general need of a vacation by then. I am leaning towards L fest, and sending a nice gift to the fallen comrade:evil

cpeapea
07-06-2003, 03:10 PM
how about having the wedding AT lightning fest!

my2002lightning
07-06-2003, 05:58 PM
Terry,

It comes down to how tight you 2 are and his understanding of your involvement in your liveliehood with your work/TALON/etc.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm taking off a WHOLE week from work (without pay... hourly contractor) to baby-sit my parent's out to Las Vegas the last week of this month to my brother's wedding where I'm NOT THE BEST-MAN whom my brother are on best terms !

They say..."You were in Ohio/Illinois last year....and we didn't know if you could make it...". Whatever! :hammer::bs

Bottom line...go w/your gut and see you at Lightning 'Fest if you can keep up w/my red '02 L up I-35 to Topeka, KS ! :d

Ronald

tliss
07-06-2003, 08:49 PM
Dude,

Drunken bridesmaids are one thing, but what about drunken L chix? I say hit up the Lightning Fest. Weddings usually blow anyway.

Tom

L8 APEX
07-06-2003, 09:58 PM
I have seen no L chicks in two years, or at least no hot ones:hammer: He totally understands as he was my business partner two years ago. He knows the importance of making it to an event like L fest. He is totally cool either way. Looks like he is getting a L fest T-shirt:D

Sixpipes
07-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Lightnings versus what, a one-in-a-hundred chance of getting layed? I soiled myself just thinking about it. http://www.fordvschevy.com/forum/images/smilies/shifty.gif

Logan
07-07-2003, 08:22 AM
Someone's actually willing to marry that guy? Wow. :D Ummm, go to Lightnin' fest and save yourself the headache.

MrsMy2002Lightning
07-07-2003, 11:15 PM
Ok, my opinion is ... if you feel like Lightning Fest is important enough to have to chose between that and your wedding, maybe you shouldn't be getting married. :roll

Was it scheduled before you found out when Lightning Fest was ?

If not, WHY WERE YOU STUPID ENOUGH TO let your wife schedule your wedding during that weekend when you knew you had something going on ? hahahaha

Tell her to change it ! I donno though, that's awful close already.

L8 APEX
07-07-2003, 11:19 PM
Ok, my opinion is ... if you feel like Lightning Fest is important enough to have to chose between that and your wedding, maybe you shouldn't be getting married. :roll

Was it scheduled before you found out when Lightning Fest was ?

If not, WHY WERE YOU STUPID ENOUGH TO let your wife schedule your wedding during that weekend when you knew you had something going on ? hahahaha

Tell her to change it ! I donno though, that's awful close already.
What are ya'll smoking over there:confused: I am married to PR and the pursuit of speed:nana2 This is a friends wedding/funeral and I jst found out about it Saturday. L fest has been planned for years:bows

MrsMy2002Lightning
07-07-2003, 11:20 PM
Ok, so I'm an idiot and didn't read the "entire" post.

hahaha !!!

That's a tough one. I know Lightningfest is important but you can't miss someone's wedding for a truck meet ... Why don't you go to the wedding one day then LFest the next day or even right after the wedding ?

MrsMy2002Lightning
07-07-2003, 11:22 PM
I'm am @$$ LAFF! I didn't read it all ... How close is your friend? If you just found out about it last weekend just tell your friend you've been planning on something for years ...

:)

tliss
07-08-2003, 07:34 AM
I'm am @$$ LAFF! I didn't read it all ... How close is your friend? If you just found out about it last weekend just tell your friend you've been planning on something for years ...

:)

It took three tries, but I think she's got the ticket! See, even the voices of "sanity" are getting to be insane like the rest of us! :roll Welcome to the dark side.

Tom

MrsMy2002Lightning
07-08-2003, 07:39 AM
It took three tries, but I think she's got the ticket! See, even the voices of "sanity" are getting to be insane like the rest of us! :roll Welcome to the dark side.

Tom

Does that mean I get my own Lightning now?

Sweetie?

:evil

tliss
07-08-2003, 07:45 AM
Does that mean I get my own Lightning now?

Sweetie?

:evil

Ask "Good Gravy" boy over there.:tongue::tongue:

Tom

Mark #2
07-08-2003, 02:52 PM
My good buddy just called me announcing his wedding date of Saturday September 27th:hammer: He is a close friend and 28 so it isn't a cheesy "catch the next one" wedding. He has enough guys to run the event without me but I was #2 on his list.
On the other hand I have spent a lot of money and effort to set up for L fest. I am a supporting tuner of TALON and feel an obligation to cruise with the gang. Not to mention in general need of a vacation by then. I am leaning towards L fest, and sending a nice gift to the fallen comrade:evil

IMHO, only weddings of family should take precedence over racing events. You've got a 50/50 chance that he will get married again anyway.:)

03sonicblue
07-08-2003, 07:24 PM
Take the drunken bride's maids to Lightningfest :D

MrsMy2002Lightning
07-08-2003, 07:32 PM
Take the drunken bride's maids to Lightningfest :D

That would be me. Always the brides maid, never the Stupid One.

HEHEHE!

dboat
07-09-2003, 08:56 AM
IMHO, only weddings of family should take precedence over racing events. You've got a 50/50 chance that he will get married again anyway.:)

aint that the truth and what a sobering thought...