PDA

View Full Version : Do you like Pappa's BBQ?

98Cobra
07-01-2003, 11:44 PM
Please post your why's or why not's here. I think people know what I think but would like to know what everyone else does.

Silver_2000
07-01-2003, 11:46 PM
Yes

Its down the street from work. The beer is cheep and cold and since I reall ydont like BBQ of any kind I have no problem with the food.

Its good enough for LOTS and LOTS of car clubs. Some that are even more ANAL and PICKY than this group. Viper Club, Prowler Club, Corvette Club etc etc

98Cobra
07-01-2003, 11:50 PM
Yes

Its down the street from work. The beer is cheep and cold and since I reall ydont like BBQ of any kind I have no problem with the food.

Its good enough for LOTS and LOTS of car clubs. Some that are even more ANAL and PICKY than this group. Viper Club, Prowler Club, Corvette Club etc etc

Fair enough. So vote then, dammit. :)

Silver_2000
07-01-2003, 11:52 PM
DOnt want to take this off track BUT - There was some discussion that the last poll may have been doctored. Well Im the only one that can doctor POLLS and I have been out of town. If you click the link that is the NUMBER of responses you can see how people voted.

98Cobra
07-01-2003, 11:55 PM
DOnt want to take this off track BUT - There was some discussion that the last poll may have been doctored. Well Im the only one that can doctor POLLS and I have been out of town. If you click the link that is the NUMBER of responses you can see how people voted.

The reason I said that is because that poll is not setup to allow you to see who voted where. I didn't think it was doctored, but thought maybe new accounts were registered or something. Just was odd that at the last second the two people came outta the proverbial woodwork so to speak...

98Cobra
07-02-2003, 12:08 AM

Also, I screwed up. Can you edit the poll to include a 3rd option - "I haven't been there, so I can't say either way"?

my2002lightning
07-02-2003, 12:13 AM
Garett,

It's looks as though the Florida Election Board is running the TALON Bone Daddy's / Pom Pom's results. :hammer::flaming::nana2

Hell,

I'll settle this once and for all ! We'll reserve the BBQ Pit in Madill, OK ! Nice cozy atmosphere... plenty of seating/parking. I graduated HS w/one of the Sheriff's Deputies so I think we're good on our hurried egress out of "Dodge" !

When I go back home to Madill... people look at me and the L as if I were from another planet! "What sorta' truck is that, Myrtle ?!?"

Too funny! :eek2:

Ronald

L8 APEX
07-02-2003, 12:18 AM
Yes

It's down the street from work. The beer is cheep and cold and since I reall ydont like BBQ of any kind I have no problem with the food.

Doug has it nailed, it is the place that even the Arlington guys don't mind driving to easy to get in and out of. Heck we have even had some pretty badass burnouts in the parking lot:burnout:. The parking is abundant, the seating is open and the beer is affordable:beer:. I can easily find something on the menu to eat:tu:

98Cobra
07-02-2003, 12:43 AM
Doug has it nailed, it is the place that even the Arlington guys don't mind driving to easy to get in and out of. Heck we have even had some pretty badass burnouts in the parking lot:burnout:. The parking is abundant, the seating is open and the beer is affordable:beer:. I can easily find something on the menu to eat:tu:

They do have abundant parking(the time we have been there we have been practically their only business - wonder why?) and the beers are indeed cheap. On those two things I am in complete agreement.

Food quality is another. Like I think I said in another forum, it wouldn't kill them to actually fry the potatoes they call french fries there. To call the food "good" does insult to the word "good", IMO.

Also, VOTE slacker. :cool:

dboat
07-02-2003, 07:32 AM
because the only Pappas BBQ that I have ever eaten was in Houston several years ago..

Dana:confused:

True Blue Aggie
07-02-2003, 07:51 AM
Pappa's BBQ is good, and we can just put Andrew in charge of bringing the eye candy.
:D

L8 APEX
07-02-2003, 08:10 AM
If you can't find something on the entire menu to eat then bring a sack lunch:roll. We need an "I hate Pappa's the most:crying:" award for this guy:tongue:

98Cobra
07-02-2003, 08:44 AM
If you can't find something on the entire menu to eat then bring a sack lunch:roll. We need an "I hate Pappa's the most:crying:" award for this guy:tongue:
Actually, that award would go to Crawford. And if we end up going to Pappa's I just might have to. :rolleyes:

George G.
07-02-2003, 09:32 AM
Papa's wasnt the best when it comes to BBQ. Which is why I limit myself to the chopped beef sandwich. It'd be nicer if we could fit more people to a table. I'd like to start attending the meetings a little more often than I use to but since I sold my L, I kinda feel like an outcast. Do I like the food...yeah, it's decent, fairly priced, good tea, good parking, no eye candy:( , and only seating 4/table makes it hard to jump in a conversation with some of the people you haven't met yet or don't know.

microsuck
07-02-2003, 09:42 AM
Pappa's BBQ is good, and we can just put Andrew in charge of bringing the eye candy.
:DWell, it can be difficult (yes, even for me) with such short notice:(
Andrew
ps. Dont be upset if I bring anyones mom:roll

Mark #2
07-02-2003, 10:12 AM
The reason I said that is because that poll is not setup to allow you to see who voted where. I didn't think it was doctored, but thought maybe new accounts were registered or something. Just was odd that at the last second the two people came outta the proverbial woodwork so to speak...Okay, I was one late voter. Guess what I voted for?:)

Like everything in life there are pluses and minuses for every choice you make, from my viewpoint below.

Papas
+Beer$

BDs
+location
+Food
-Beer$

Parking is about equal, haven't noticed any other differences.

tliss
07-02-2003, 10:44 AM
I guess I'm indifferent to it. Food and atmosphere isn't all that great, but it's cheap and in a decent spot. I don't go to the meetings for high quality cuisine, though, so I really don't care either way.

Tom

Moonshine
07-02-2003, 10:58 AM
Yes

Ditto what Doug said. Well, except it's not really down the street from work, but it is much closer than BD's. I worked in a Dickey's BBQ in high school, so I got really burned out on commercial BBQ. I think it all tastes like crap, but Pappa's is no worse than most BBQ places.

blueoval01
07-02-2003, 01:29 PM
<DIV>
Ditto what Doug said. Well, except it's not really down the street from work, but it is much closer than BD's. I worked in a Dickey's BBQ in high school, so I got really burned out on commercial BBQ. I think it all tastes like crap, but Pappa's is no worse than most BBQ places.Yep, same thing happened to me Brian. I was a bartender for about 6 years after High School. To this day, I have a hard time drinking beer.
:rolleyes:

98Cobra
07-02-2003, 01:30 PM
Ditto what Doug said. Well, except it's not really down the street from work, but it is much closer than BD's. I worked in a Dickey's BBQ in high school, so I got really burned out on commercial BBQ. I think it all tastes like crap, but Pappa's is no worse than most BBQ places.

See, I think the disconnect here is that a lot of people are voting for it strictly based on location. I really meant it to be more of a general question, because for me I don't mind driving to any particular place once a month. It does suck ball to drive to Arlington, but thats because everybody was already ordering by the time I made it across the Metroplex, which hasn't happened much at BD's, surprisingly.

For me, the goods are, ample parking, cheap beer.

The bads: No scenery(of any type!), sucky food.

IMO, we can find any place to drink beer and park our trucks. Since it isn't about the women, that leaves the food, which sucks - if Colter's is beating you though then you have problems :D

Moonshine
07-02-2003, 01:54 PM
Yep, same thing happened to me Brian. I was a bartender for about 6 years after High School. To this day, I have a hard time drinking beer.

Mark, I forsee a mutually beneficial solution. You eat my BBQ for me, and I'l drink your beer for you. :tu:

blueoval01
07-02-2003, 05:40 PM
Mark, I forsee a mutually beneficial solution. You eat my BBQ for me, and I'l drink your beer for you. :tu:
Hummm, me thinks I getting scr@wed ...
Maybe we should discuss it over Wings, a brick of Onion Rings and few cold ones ..:D