PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Chip

silver01
06-30-2003, 07:02 PM
Perferably a diablo or a superchip. Also it has to be a switch chip

blueoval01
06-30-2003, 07:45 PM
Perferably a diablo or a superchip. Also it has to be a switch chipSo, you a chip x-pret?
Or just looking for some used hardware?
What Code you be needing? Hummm, a Silver '01 in my area, makes me wanna have another . .... :beer:
Ahhhhhhhhhh, I love the smell of '01 L's in the morning ........ :cool:

silver01
06-30-2003, 07:53 PM
No expert here, Im putting nitrous on my truck and im in need of a chip. Lonestar Performance is supplying me with a kit that they designed for a good price. So now im trying to save alittle more money by getting me a used chip. They have to capibility(sp) to reburn Diablo and Superchips.

blueoval01
06-30-2003, 08:10 PM
No expert here, Im putting nitrous on my truck and im in need of a chip. Lonestar Performance is supplying me with a kit that they designed for a good price. So now im trying to save alittle more money by getting me a used chip. They have to capibility(sp) to reburn Diablo and Superchips.
Glad you got a good price on the juice bottle, but chips are typically burned "per truck". Buying a used one without any consideration to your setup might make your engine go BOOM. 01 L are CUX2, I think. Granted they will reburn it.
Be carefull, no strong lower end means "by-buy" engine.

But, then again, I can rant On ............. :hammer:

Ahhhhhh, warrenty issues might come to play with your wallet, as well.

98Cobra
06-30-2003, 09:38 PM
I may be convinced to part with mine. What's it worth to you?

silver01
06-30-2003, 10:13 PM
Blueoval, Im aware of the chip situation and how the tuning process goes, Ive got an 96gt putting 430hp to the wheels with a built motor and know all to well what happen when you start modding things. Thanks for the advice though.

98cobra, Shoot me an email at mssjab@attbi.com Let me know the details on what you have and what its gonna take to get it. Id much rather buy one locally than having one shipped from another state.

blueoval01
07-01-2003, 09:02 AM
No worries, Jason.
It just makes me wanna :vomit: when I hear about engines getting screwed up from mods. Regardless of "fault".

Good Luck :tu: :nana2

microsuck
07-01-2003, 12:58 PM
Ive got an 96gt putting 430hp to the wheels with a built motor .Comming to any meeting in the near future?:evil I shall have to see that. It must be sprayed out the yin yang.:D Wanna race?:burnout:
Andrew
ps. "HINT" First one to reach 200mph wins. Doug, can I post a vid clip anywhere on here? I have a new tank-cam clip I made this week that is quite entertaning.

silver01
07-01-2003, 10:06 PM
micro, the stang is putting out 18 pounds of boost has head and cam work and the the list goes on. I see you have a bike? My last bike was an 01 R1 that i got careless with one night and landed me in the hospital with a schattered arm. I now have 23 screws in it but it works just fine. And believe it or not, i want another one bad. Theres nothing like doing over 150+ on a bike.

silver01
07-01-2003, 10:07 PM
BTW i purchased a chip, thanks

microsuck
07-01-2003, 10:28 PM
micro, the stang is putting out 18 pounds of boost has head and cam work and the the list goes on. I see you have a bike? My last bike was an 01 R1 that i got careless with one night and landed me in the hospital with a schattered arm. I now have 23 screws in it but it works just fine. And believe it or not, i want another one bad. Theres nothing like doing over 150+ on a bike.Okay, now you got me going. I have to see that bad stang!:banana::eek2: I am supprised the rear end could take all that. Has it been beefed up at all? My friend is in the process of sptting a twin turbo system on his 5.0 gt. :bowsYes, I do have a small collection of toys.
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=2658&highlight=turbo
No serious wrecks yet. I started on slow bikes and keep getting faster. I broke 200mph a few days ago:nana2. That was definately a first for me. I have had at least 7 people ask if they could take a life insurance policy out on me. Maybe thats a bad sign:tongue:
Andrew
ps. if the picture wont enlargen just click the link
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=406

Silver_2000
07-01-2003, 10:49 PM
Doug, can I post a vid clip anywhere on here? I have a new tank-cam clip I made this week that is quite entertaning.
Tank Cam ?

Doug

Silver_2000
07-01-2003, 10:54 PM
ps. if the picture wont enlargen just click the link
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=406

Andrew

The forum is setup to keep people from attaching the same picture over and over.

I just tested the thumbnail thing it works ...

PS - Can I get in on the Insurance thing ? Seems like the safest bet on a decent return I have heard of in some time.....

microsuck
07-01-2003, 10:59 PM
tank cam = gas tank mounted camcorder. it shows the speedo and the road. any one who wants to pay the premiums is welcome to take one out.

silver01
07-01-2003, 11:06 PM
Andrew, rear is all stock except for gears. The rest of the car is bullitt proof. Tremec, lakewood scattershield, ds. loop, Ram 900 clutch wolf roll cage, etc... I got burned out with the car. It just sits in the garage most of the time unless i take it for a spin or i tell my dad to take it with him and put some miles on it.

Silver_2000
07-01-2003, 11:12 PM
tank cam = gas tank mounted camcorder. it shows the speedo and the road. any one who wants to pay the premiums is welcome to take one out.

Email me the file...