PDA

View Full Version : Went racing tonight, small problem with shift

f150freak
06-30-2003, 01:52 AM
Ok I went racing tonight, finally after three failed attempts with my friends. The truck for the most part ran very well. Still learning how to drive on the slicks but thats a learning process. But something weird is happening with my truck between the 1-2 shift. I guess you could say it hiccups, it boggs down a little then picks back up. I can't help but to think this was affecting my times. A friend says it sounds like my tranny valve body but i'm not sure.

Any thoughts?

My mods are Diablo delta chip, Accufab TB, Magnaflow cats, magnaflow catback system, boost bypass, and an airbox mod. I also pulled off my bed cover and tailgate to get a better time.

microsuck
06-30-2003, 08:54 AM
if it makes a hiccup or burping sound on the 1-2 shift thats thats the TQ reduction killing a few cylinders on the shift. thats normal, you probalby never noticed it before.
Andrew
ps. you had a pretty clean looking truck, nice meeting you. But get some traction bars on that sucker before you pull a T_hogg:nana2

L8 APEX
06-30-2003, 09:09 AM
If you are running a chip and boost bypass it is not the torque reduction. It is most likely a tuning or mechanical problem.

microsuck
06-30-2003, 09:32 AM
assuming the chip has it turned off:tu:

L8 APEX
06-30-2003, 09:37 AM
assuming the chip has it turned off:tu:
Yeah, nobody really knows what a Diablo chip is doing:roll

microsuck
06-30-2003, 09:55 AM
Yeah, nobody really knows what a Diablo chip is doing:roll
tru dat! stole them right out my mouf :roll
andrew

f150freak
06-30-2003, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the compliment micro, and I have my t-bars sitting here ready to install I just need to find the time. I never thought to turn the chip off either, I jest kept flipping between the street and race programs to see the diffrence. Anyway every time I think about it I keep comming right back to the chip.

microsuck
06-30-2003, 10:26 AM
I never noticed my TQ reduction until I ran my truck withoug the chip for a few days. I couldnet figure out why it was farting on the shift:roll

f150freak
06-30-2003, 11:14 AM
Now that you mention that and I get to thinking. I don't ever remember my truck doing that when I ran it stock. Now i'm looking at the chip more than ever.

microsuck
06-30-2003, 11:16 AM
I would really have to hear it to help you. thats just what it sounded like you were describing.

cpeapea
06-30-2003, 02:20 PM
if its a pop or the truck seems to stall just for a sec it could be the fuel filter