PDA

View Full Version : The motor is in!

L8 APEX
06-25-2003, 10:51 PM
Exactly 6 months to the day the new motor is in the bay:banana: Now a quick tranny rebuild, bolt on the intake and charger. Then pray it runs:bows.
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/43/engine2.jpg

David N
06-25-2003, 11:02 PM
:tu::tu::d:burnout:

wesman
06-25-2003, 11:37 PM
Good to see it Terry. Hope to have mine together real soon....installing the KB this weekend most likely :evil

--wes

L8 APEX
06-26-2003, 12:08 AM
Good to see it Terry. Hope to have mine together real soon....installing the KB this weekend most likely :evil

--wes
Bling bling! How much boost are you planning on? I will beat on the stock blower for a while before upgrading. I am starting to get tired of spending money on this Ford pickup truck:rolleyes:

wesman
06-26-2003, 08:20 AM
Bling bling! How much boost are you planning on? I will beat on the stock blower for a while before upgrading. I am starting to get tired of spending money on this Ford pickup truck:rolleyes:

I'm looking at around 13-14 psi daily most likely. I will probably get a race gas tune as wella nd turn it up to 16-17psi. I still have to talk with Swanson, apparently they have a guy running 16psi daily and 18-19 on track days. I don't wanna get that crazy on the stock block....I'm in the same boat as you...tired of spending money on it :)

I get discouraged when I spend a lot of money at once and see no results...in the last 2 months I got raped with the heads to the tuen of 2k since I had to pay labor twice, the KB and the monster box....my piggy bank needs a break :(

Hopefully once it all comes together I'll be happy with it again . I'm sure looking forward to everyone getting theirs up and running tho...shoudl be some pretty fast trucks out at the track in Oct.

--wes

L8 APEX
06-26-2003, 09:29 PM
made some more progress tonight. Another few hours of engine stuff then to the tranny and exhaust.:banana: Then there will be a new fear sweeping the streets:evil
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/43/Intake_on2.jpg
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/43/Intake_on3.jpg

L8 APEX
06-30-2003, 08:52 AM
This is my progress by Friday. Tranny wasn't done this weekend so I am hoping to have it by the meeting:beer:. So I just worked on customers stuff all weekend. Silver seems to be the dominating color:banana:
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/43/engine_complete.jpg
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/43/two_trucks.jpg

99WhiteBeast
06-30-2003, 09:17 AM
Making progress- very nice Terry!
Hope you get it together before the meet- then you'll have a long weekend to relax and enjoy:burnout::beer:

wesman
06-30-2003, 11:22 AM
Making progress- very nice Terry!
Hope you get it together before the meet- then you'll have a long weekend to relax and enjoy:burnout::beer:

Terry,

Can you still do gears ? I need to get mine done real soon now, since the chip is getting burned for the KB I want to get all the stuff burned on at once. Also I want you to give the truck a once over and fix any broken ****....Speedworks broke a few things....like my electric fan...worked when it went in there...now the truck tries to overheat and it wont come on with the flip of the underhood switch like it used to. I also don't have a boost gauge that works properly now....they both worked going in...now neither does, at least not correctly.

The truck is running like ass....no top end at all now. Once I get the chip back and the KB installed I would like for you to do the gears and the once over...let me know if that's possible and when please sir.

--wes

Logan
06-30-2003, 12:38 PM
Then there will be a new fear sweeping the streets:evil

Did anyone else laugh their head off at this? For some reason I got a vision of Terry on a supercharged, flame throwin' street sweeper sweepin' Duncanville streets at 80mph being chased by Brian's buddies in full glory...

But then again, I always did have an active imagination... :)

99WhiteBeast
06-30-2003, 01:41 PM
Hey that could be the next Monster Garage project- a bad A street sweeper L:rollwith gay looking flames on it:throw:

Wait a minute didn't they already do that with a Winston cup car or something?

L8 APEX
06-30-2003, 04:53 PM
Terry,

Can you still do gears ? Also I want you to give the truck a once over and fix any broken ****....Speedworks broke a few things....like my electric fan...worked when it went in there...now the truck tries to overheat and it wont come on with the flip of the underhood switch like it used to. I also don't have a boost gauge that works properly now....they both worked going in...now neither does, at least not correctly.

The truck is running like ass....no top end at all now. --wes
I was too expensive back then but now that the bargain mechanics took months and screwed it up I get to fix it:roll(Sorry just venting) I am very pressed for time lately but if you are flexible I will look at it for you. Just need a day or two notice on the gears. My gear tech charges me 500 to install. Logan may be able to get you hooked up at his dealer for 350 which is a deal for that big rear end.

Logan
06-30-2003, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I can get the gear install on the cheap, through a dealer no less... They do great work. Gimme a PM if interested.