PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

02TrueBlue
05-21-2002, 08:59 PM
I just got back from racing a friend of mine with a 01 SS. On the way to race, I hit the gas and started spinning my tires (just for fun).. and the boost dumped. We started racing from the light and I got the jump on him (almost no tire spin), I stayed in front without any gain from him till we let off at about 80 and the boost never dumped. The next run, we took off about the same and I slowly pulled away.

Just call me stupid, but for some reason it seems when I have excessive tire spin I dump my boost. I think people were saying this happens if you are running a pulley or chip or something, and therefore you need a boost bypass kit.. But I'm only running a K&N right now. And it only does it when I'm trying to spin the tires. So whats wrong with it.. Just my bad driving? or is it normal

Sixpipes
05-21-2002, 09:37 PM
Its fairly normal, just depends on the amount of tire spin. Most trucks do it at the track after a good burnout. Its a failsafe program built into the truck. No big deal. :cool:

L8 APEX
05-21-2002, 10:01 PM
It is Ford's way of traction control. If you power break or if it senses the rear wheels moving fast and the front ABS sensors not moving it will open the boost waste gate. Just unplug it. It is a two wire connector by the drivers side rear of the blower. You press down on it to release it. The boost bypass, bypasses the mechanical safety on the blower and this increases stress on the motor. Unplugging the soleniod will store a code but does not turn on the check engine lamp. Just plug it back in before going for inspection or to the dealer... Catch me at a meeeting and I will show you if you wish..

RedRooster
05-22-2002, 01:50 AM
Nothing like forced "torque management"....:burnout:

02TrueBlue
05-22-2002, 08:54 AM
Thanks guys!

Terry, are you going to Bonedaddy's? I'll go ahead and unplug the waste gate, but wouldn't mind you showing me to make sure it was the correct one.. :D

I also need to give you a call sometime next week, I need to order a few new things for her.

tliss
05-22-2002, 09:26 AM
Go Brandon Go!!!:banana: :banana: You get those mods!!!

02TrueBlue
05-22-2002, 02:00 PM
well, I have kind of a sad story..

I was about to buy a Suzuki GSX-R750 yesterday, but decided to call my dad to find out who he uses for his motorcycle insurance before I bought it.

**Here's the sad part**

When I was 14 I begged my dad to buy me a '68 Mustang with a 289 in it, mint condition. Our aggreement was that if he bought it that at some point in my life he had the right to veto any purchase I wanted to make no matter my age. So needless to say he vetoed the bike purchase, so now I have about 10K to put into a new home theater system and my truck.. So it might work out for the best anyway :d

Liminator
05-23-2002, 12:56 AM
Start the system off with a Mitsubishi 65" HDTV, you won"t be dissapointed. Then let L8Apex take care of the other $5800.