PDA

View Full Version : Just another instance .....

blueoval01
06-25-2003, 04:22 PM
... of a company taking your money and providing crap for service.
Called the finance Co. that holds the note on my L yesterday. Told them that I had not received my monthy statement and probably is lost in the mail or whatever.

Asked them to fax me a statement - Reply* We can't do that. :bs
Ok, can you e-mail it to me? - Reply* No :bs

My only options with them were:
1) Draft from my checking account - $15.00 fee :bs
2) Pay via credit card - #12.00 fee :bs
3) Use Western Union Quick Collect Services - $12.00 fee :bs

Sooo, today I called my credit Union and refinanced the L at 3.3% for 48 months.
GAP Insurance $175.00 Total.
Which will cut about $200 -250 off my monthly payment.
They were even willing to finance up to 125% of what I owe! :eek2:
But, I said no, I'll be putting some money in to get her closer to market value.

I feel better now ..... :tu:

dboat
06-25-2003, 04:35 PM
I dont understand why companies dont provide better service.. esp when it would have cost them almost nothing to provide the statement..

Dana

blueoval01
06-25-2003, 05:24 PM
I dont understand why companies dont provide better service.. esp when it would have cost them almost nothing to provide the statement..
Dana
Thanks Dana. By putting the 200-250 back into the principle, my a$$ should catch up with the rest of my body sooner and shave at least 6 months off the term. :banana:

dboat
06-25-2003, 06:05 PM
Thanks Dana. By putting the 200-250 back into the principle, my a$$ should catch up with the rest of my body sooner and shave at least 6 months off the term. :banana:

absolutely.. mine is paid off.. and there is two more payments on the wifes SUV.. did a two year note on it.. no payments is a good thing.. now that you have the extra cash, just make sure you apply it to the priniciple each month...

:tu::tu:

blueoval01
06-25-2003, 06:19 PM
........... now that you have the extra cash, just make sure you apply it to the priniciple each month...
:tu::tu:
You better believe I am. No freakin' way I'm letting that money "be known" by the wife or daughter.:hammer:
It will look like a standard Truck payment. :tu:

dboat
06-25-2003, 06:27 PM
You better believe I am. No freakin' way I'm letting that money "be known" by the wife or daughter.:hammer:
It will look like a standard Truck payment. :tu:

you da man:bows

tliss
06-25-2003, 07:34 PM
Time to play :evil advocate...200-250 clams a month could go a long way in the modification of said Lightning...

Ain't nothing wrong with a little :burnout::nana2.

Tom

dboat
06-26-2003, 08:07 AM
Time to play :evil advocate...200-250 clams a month could go a long way in the modification of said Lightning...

Ain't nothing wrong with a little :burnout::nana2.

Tom

True Dat, but when L is paid off and warranty is over, then mucho cash to do mods out the wazzoo:burnout::nana2:nana2

Moonshine
06-26-2003, 09:25 AM
3.3%????:bows That's great. Makes me think I need to call my credit union and see about refinancing the farm truck, which is currently at 6.9%.

L8 APEX
06-26-2003, 09:35 AM
3.3%????:bows That's great. Makes me think I need to call my credit union and see about refinancing the farm truck, which is currently at 6.9%.
My credit union is only offering 4.9% and you have to have a 800 or higher score. I will hang out at 5.9% for the time being. I have officially spent more on mods than I owe on my truck:hammer:. Payoff is 19K now, mods is around 25K:vomit:

Moonshine
06-27-2003, 02:14 PM
Mark,

Your post spurred me to call my credit union, and I just saved $1000 in interest. The wife's car was financed at 7.5%, with 9 payments left. My L. was financed at 6.9%, with 20 payments left. I took enough equity out of the L. to pay off the wife's car today, and then refinanced the truck at 3.49%, kept the total monthly payment the same, and my term dropped to 15 months. :banana:

Thanks for piping up and spurring me to call. :beer: I think I owe you a beer for that one. Hmmm, just refinanced the house last December, but wonder if it's time to do that again, too.

blueoval01
06-27-2003, 02:28 PM
My pleasure, Brian. :tu:
After I heard rates had dropped another 1/4 the other day and the other finance company pi$$ed me off so bad, it put a big enough bur in my saddle to do something.
The down side is that finance companies are just busy as crap with home re-financing. If your Credit Union has Loan application via their Website, you might get a faster response from them than a phone call. :d

dboat
06-27-2003, 02:31 PM
My pleasure, Brian. :tu:
After I heard rates had dropped another 1/4 the other day and the other finance company pi$$ed me off so bad, it put a big enough bur in my saddle to do something.
The down side is that finance companies are just busy as crap with home re-financing. If your Credit Union has Loan application via their Website, you might get a faster response from them than a phone call. :d

that or any number of websites that do the same thing, but be prepared for the spam that follows it.. still get those damn spams everyday about refinancing the house... :flaming:

blueoval01
06-27-2003, 07:00 PM
Humm, you maybe right Dana, but I think under Texas Law Credit Unions cannot "Do" home loans so most of them have other lending institutions "Associated" with them for that purpose. My Primary residence was financed through just such an institution.
I get more junk snail mail from my rent house property lien holders. Huh, go figure.
But, whatever ........ I'm glad Brian scored a deal as well :beer: