PDA

View Full Version : TALON DYNO DAY - Speedworks - Interested?

Crawford
06-23-2003, 09:32 PM
I need to get the hooptie dynoed soon. Was wondering if anyone else was interested in getting together so we can get a group discount at Speedworks in Lewisville. If we have 10 we should be able to get 3 pulls w/ AF for $50.

Let me know.

dboat
06-23-2003, 09:33 PM
I need to get the hooptie dynoed soon. Was wondering if anyone else was interested in getting together so we can get a group discount at Speedworks in Lewisville. If we have 10 we should be able to get 3 pulls w/ AF for $50.

Let me know.

I am in.. just saw when...

Oh now I am a rapper..

tliss
06-24-2003, 07:17 AM
No dyno for me....no changes done to the truck since last time. I can be there for coffee, donuts and moral support, though :tu:. Maybe I'll send my chip back to Sal to take out some fuel and re-dyno. Who knows? Pick a date and we'll see what happens. For now, consider me a maybe until I decide if I want to send the chip back or not.

Tom

cpeapea
06-24-2003, 07:26 AM
ill go, i need to dyno anyhow

Autothrottle
06-24-2003, 08:06 AM
Sam,
Count me in:tu:

I also know 3-4 others that would like to go. 1 Lightning, 1 taurus, and 2 older model cars.

What date are you looking at?

microsuck
06-24-2003, 12:10 PM
me too, I am uber-lean and need a tuning guide for sal. The speedworks guys said I can just come any saturaday and get it done for $40....... As long as there is A club there it is $40.
Andrew

TXBLU
06-24-2003, 03:36 PM
I'd like to see what mine does stock. Might as well get a good base line evaluation, eh? Exactly when and where?

Mark #2
06-24-2003, 04:46 PM
I'm in

Natetrun
06-24-2003, 05:48 PM
When is it? I'm sending my computer off for the reflash this week, and it will take another week to get it back, but I'm for sure going to be dynoing it when it does.

Crawford
06-24-2003, 11:48 PM
Wow, that was quick, didnt think we had so many dyno nuts round here. How does everyone feel about Saturday July 12th? That should give everyone time to get their stuff taken care of.

Once we confirm a date I will post up a list of who is in.

wesman
06-25-2003, 12:01 AM
Wow, that was quick, didnt think we had so many dyno nuts round here. How does everyone feel about Saturday July 12th? That should give everyone time to get their stuff taken care of.

Once we confirm a date I will post up a list of who is in.

Might be there...depends if the chip from Swanson is back for the KB.

THe moster box gos in tomorrow...woohoo...second gear again.

--wes

Natetrun
06-25-2003, 08:43 AM
I'm in. Maybe I will have my nitrous kit installed by then. :burnout:

microsuck
06-25-2003, 08:49 AM
Im out for the 12th. I'll be in wyoming.
Andrew

TxBolt
06-25-2003, 07:17 PM
I need to go real bad. I'll put the highest octane in her and give it hell! I have never been to one. If I burn a valve can I get a tow home?:roll

dboat
06-26-2003, 08:08 AM
Im out for the 12th. I'll be in wyoming.
Andrew

Andrew,
whatcha doin up there?

Dana

microsuck
06-26-2003, 08:43 AM
I am going to be doing about 2 weeks of solo backpacking in the grand teton mountians.

dboat
06-26-2003, 09:42 AM
I am going to be doing about 2 weeks of solo backpacking in the grand teton mountians.

Sounds pretty cool. Was there years ago camping at the park, right across from Grand Teton Mt.. there is a lake there, very very cold, the beach was made of smooth rocks..of course we are talking 30 years ago:eek2:

Have a great time and dont drink the water straight from the streams.. my dad did that and he almost had to go to the hospital...

:tu:Dana

p.s. take your pocketpc and drop us notes via wireless internet connection...

microsuck
06-26-2003, 09:50 AM
there are alot of lakes there just like that one. I think I am going to reduce my weight and leave the PDA at home.........
I usually just take socks and food. I try to keep it under 40lbs. I hike light and enjoy the trek. hopefully I wont come back with only one arm like that one dude........

dboat
06-26-2003, 09:59 AM
that dude has balls to be able to do that.. dont know if I could have done it..
do you go with others? how many?
Dana

microsuck
06-26-2003, 10:30 AM
I usually go with others, but this one is solo. I need a vacation from people in general. I am an eagle scout and a scout of 10 years(not anymore). I have treked all over the US and I have been an instructor for survivalist schools/camps for a while. I can live in the bush for an indefinate period of time. I did it for over a month when I was 15. (just for fun). I dont think my job would be cool with that now. But now I am a city slicker and I kind of miss the woods.
Andrew

dboat
06-26-2003, 10:31 AM
since you are a former scout... I assume you have backup and will take the cell phone, although it prob wont work where you are going.. are you looking to get to a pretty high elevation while you are out there or just getting way out there is the plan?

microsuck
06-26-2003, 10:38 AM
my backup is get back to base. I am not really worried. there isnt anything I am not prepared to deal with. 95% of the time you survival depends on your mindframe. I've got that covered, and I'll take my chances with the other 5%. the only thing that might get coverage where I will be MIGHT be a sat phone, and those are WAY too heavy.

microsuck
06-26-2003, 10:42 AM
I am inserting at the base of leigh lake and crossing over Mt. Moran (12,600ft) and then making my way to the grand teton peak @13,770ft. I am taking the long slope back past bradly and taggart lake and will extract at the moose visitor center. I'll snap some pics.

dboat
06-26-2003, 11:33 AM
I am inserting at the base of leigh lake and crossing over Mt. Moran (12,600ft) and then making my way to the grand teton peak @13,770ft. I am taking the long slope back past bradly and taggart lake and will extract at the moose visitor center. I'll snap some pics.

just give me dates and we will know if you get stuck.. ok?

microsuck
06-26-2003, 11:42 AM
I'll be fine. Trust me.

True Blue Aggie
06-26-2003, 12:56 PM
.....famous last words......
:D

my2002lightning
06-26-2003, 07:04 PM
Andrew,

Packing any weaponry? I've hiked some in Colorado (Bear Lake) and there were bear warning signs all over the place.

I understand a .44 Magnum is a good choice. I shoot/reload the 240 grain hollow-points with Accurate-Arms #9 powder. Those bullets pancake pretty good when I dig them out of the sand-bags!

This is my big-bore pistol setup... the 6-inch barrel model http://www.magnumresearch.com/old/viipistols.html . If I could find a 10-inch barrel for the Mark VII, I'd pick one up and scope it. I was lucky enough to get one when they still made them in Israel. IMI (maker of the Desert Eagle) is the same state run org./manuf. facility that makes the Galil and the UZI. Gotta love Israelis!

They're the Lightning of big-bore pistols! :bows

Take care up there and post some .jpgs!

Ronald

microsuck
06-26-2003, 07:37 PM
I think i need to clarify, I am not "camping", I am backpacking. Weight is your worst enemy. If I dont even bring more than one change of clothes for a 2 week trip I am certinally not going to be bringing any of my hardware. An ounce feels like a pound after a few miles of walking. O but I sure would love to bring the hardballer and a few other goodies:evil. Nothin like little unsuspecting and innocent chipmunks:throw:
Andrew

blueoval01
06-26-2003, 08:04 PM
Humm, sounds like you'll be making 20 miles a day or better ......... Have a great time and take some pics along the way ....... :D

my2002lightning
06-26-2003, 09:12 PM
Andrew,

Do as you want, but I wouldn't want to be gnawed-to-death by a d@mn bear or cougar like a Hooter's wing!

First Strike Capabilities, Baby! :banana:

Ronald

Crawford
06-26-2003, 09:40 PM
UPDATE

Looks like no one is complaining in masses about the July 12th date. I will call Speedworks tomorrow to get it in stone and will post up the results of the reservations. I will also start a new thread in the upcoming events section of the forum to start a list of people that will be attending. I am looking forward to this!

cpeapea
06-26-2003, 10:55 PM
i canoed 20 miles down the brazos and camped for one night with some friends. man was that fun, but tireing. i couldnt imagine being out for that long though. just remember to rub 2 sticks together to make fire...jk

have fun andrew and be safe, i wish you luck

Natetrun
06-27-2003, 01:13 AM
I could have swore we got a better discount last time...like $30. Whats up?

Crawford
06-27-2003, 09:28 AM
I could have swore we got a better discount last time...like $30. Whats up?

Nope. It was $40 sorry.

Crawford
06-28-2003, 06:01 PM
UPDATE:

Got too busy to call em on Friday to tell them we are coming. I will call them on Monday and post the results.

Crawford
06-30-2003, 02:00 PM
UPDATE:

I called today and they are telling me that the price of the group discount has gone up from $40 to $50 for 3 pulls w/ AFR with 10+ vehicles. The owner was not in the shop today and the guy I talked with on the phone said he would check with him to see if we could get $40. He is supposed to have him call me back tomorrow or Wednesday. He said he thought we could get the $40 but for now we are on the list for July 12th. I will update once we get the final cost.

dboat
06-30-2003, 02:10 PM
UPDATE:

I called today and they are telling me that the price of the group discount has gone up from $40 to $50 for 3 pulls w/ AFR with 10+ vehicles. The owner was not in the shop today and the guy I talked with on the phone said he would check with him to see if we could get $40. He is supposed to have him call me back tomorrow or Wednesday. He said he thought we could get the $40 but for now we are on the list for July 12th. I will update once we get the final cost.

Sam,
given this info, do we want to see what Keith Craft in Plano would charge? The only issue is that its a different dyno so there may be differences. The manager was nice last time but I understand that they arent always the nicest folks to deal with..
just a suggestion.. not trying to make this any harder than it already is..

Dana

Natetrun
06-30-2003, 11:35 PM
Sam,
given this info, do we want to see what Keith Craft in Plano would charge? The only issue is that its a different dyno so there may be differences. The manager was nice last time but I understand that they arent always the nicest folks to deal with..
just a suggestion.. not trying to make this any harder than it already is..

Dana

I agree. I don't think 10 bucks off is much of a group discount. If it's a dynojet, I don't know why the results would vary from the other place.

Crawford
07-01-2003, 09:02 AM
Lets just see what they say. I personally would like to go to Speedworks since I have done all of my dynoing there. If I went to a different dyno it would 'contaminate' my testing. I think they will hook us up on the $40. I should know something today.

dboat
07-01-2003, 09:31 AM
Lets just see what they say. I personally would like to go to Speedworks since I have done all of my dynoing there. If I went to a different dyno it would 'contaminate' my testing. I think they will hook us up on the $40. I should know something today.

I agree with the contamination issue... thats why I said..
The only issue is that its a different dyno so there may be differences.

but maybe we should look to another vendor in the future if he doesnt come through.. I realize the subordinate cant make the decision on the pricing the way that the manager can..

best of luck..

Dana

Crawford
07-03-2003, 11:44 AM
UPDATE:

The owner never called me back... go figure. I called today to get an update on the price and no one answered. I left a message. They are probably closed today is what I am guessing. If I dont hear from them by Monday I will try again.

wesman
07-03-2003, 12:18 PM

I think they will do the $40. I'll talk to Dan if you don't get ahold of him by Mon.

--wes

microsuck
07-03-2003, 12:22 PM
if we have to, I am behind you 100% to push the date back a week or two.
Andrew

dboat
07-03-2003, 12:29 PM
Sam and Wes,
I am with you guys.. like Andrew.. even if it takes a week or two longer.. :tu:

98Cobra
07-03-2003, 01:12 PM
UPDATE:

$50 - That's ridiculous. You know how it gets more expensive to dyno cars the longer you are open. :rolleyes:

Crawford
07-08-2003, 12:46 PM
UPDATE:

Called and left another voicemail. Waiting on call back. I will call again around 3-4 if they dont call me first. Sorry this has taken so long. Its been a hectic week. Do we still have 10 people minimum that are interested in going?

Mark #2
07-08-2003, 12:52 PM
UPDATE:

Called and left another voicemail. Waiting on call back. I will call again around 3-4 if they dont call me first. Sorry this has taken so long. Its been a hectic week. Do we still have 10 people minimum that are interested in going?

List of people going:
Crawford
Mark #2

wesman
07-08-2003, 12:57 PM
List of people going:
Crawford
Mark #2

I'm in if the chip is back by then...calling Swanson to have him overnight it back.

--wes

Natetrun
07-08-2003, 01:02 PM
I'm in if the chip is back by then...calling Swanson to have him overnight it back.

--wes

me me

Crawford
07-08-2003, 01:24 PM
UPDATE:

They finally called back and they are not going to budge on the $50. Their regular price is now $70 for 3 pulls. I told them to take us off the list for Saturday. Thats BS.

Dana,

Call your shop and see what they will do for us.

tliss
07-08-2003, 01:36 PM
I just spoke to the guys at Keith Craft in Plano. The owner (Drew Baird)was not present, but the person I spoke to stated it probably will not be an issue (need owner approval). I need to call back tomorrow to see what the discount will be, if any. They charge $60 for 3 pulls w/ A/F normally, so we'll see what they go down to with a certain # of trucks. I'll give a buzz tomorrow. Do we still want to try for this weekend, or are we willing to postpone a week or so? I may have to run just to get baselines where I am on their dyno.

Tom

Crawford
07-08-2003, 01:37 PM
UPDATE:

I tracked down the number to Keith Craft and gave them a call. They will do a package for us if we have 10+ trucks we get $35 for 3 pulls w/ AF on Dynojet dyno. Their next available date is Saturday July 26th. What do you guys think about that?

Logan
07-08-2003, 01:39 PM
I'd go, but I'll be in Montreal on the 26th... :(

Mark #2
07-08-2003, 01:41 PM
UPDATE:

I tracked down the number to Keith Craft and gave them a call. They will do a package for us if we have 10+ trucks we get $35 for 3 pulls w/ AF on Dynojet dyno. Their next available date is Saturday July 26th. What do you guys think about that?

Where are they located? I would like to do a drive by.
Mark

tliss
07-08-2003, 01:43 PM
UPDATE:

I wonder why I couldn't get an answer from the guy I spoke to? I'll still call tomorrow and find out if we can get a better deal from the owner....:evil. Guess the guy I spoke to doesn't have the pull that the guy you spoke to has.

Let you know what I find out tomorrow, but I will go for a baseline on their dyno if we get enough trucks for the day.

Tom

tliss
07-08-2003, 01:44 PM
Where are they located? I would like to do a drive by.
Mark

Southbound side of 75 just north of 15th street. They are right next to a Diamond Shamrock (I think), but before you get to the Outback Steakhouse and the other restaurants there.

Tom

Mark #2
07-08-2003, 01:45 PM
Tom,
Thanks, is it called Keith Craft?
Mark

TXBLU
07-08-2003, 02:52 PM
I'll go regardless of price or date. Just get it worked out and let me know.:tu:

Crawford
07-08-2003, 03:02 PM
Tom,

The guy I spoke to was named Chris. He is not the owner but he was very helpful.

All,

I hear they have a very nice shop, I read about it on the svttexas forums I believe. Looks like the Cobra club does a lot of stuff with them. Chime in and let me know.

tliss
07-08-2003, 03:51 PM
It is a really nice place. I enjoyed talking to the guys while I was there a few weeks ago. I think it'll be a good place to do things from here on out since we're getting the royal screw job from Speedworks.

Mark, the sign on the highway is Keith Craft Motorsports.

Tom

TxBolt
07-08-2003, 06:12 PM
Their next available date is Saturday July 26th. I can't go that date. I scheduled everthing around the 12th. I guess if I half to, I will go by myself. I have never been and need directions. If Lewisville is the best I will go there ,but would like something closer to Dallas. I must go to check my air/fuel and what my chip burn is doing.

Crawford
07-08-2003, 07:11 PM
Everyone,

I am sorry about the date change. I dont think its fair for Speedworks to charge us $50 per vehicle. We get a group down there like 3 times per year and make them a bunch of money. They have never been what I would call "nice" to us. I have gotten into it with the owner before because he wanted me to put 10 dyno runs on my credit card to get the discount... we ended up paying full price that day. I think its time to find a new place to take our group dyno sessions to. I am disappointed because I have a ton of dyno sheets from Speedworks and switching dynos is not what I want in my data collection but oh well. However, I hear this Keith Craft place is a very nice facility and they are apparantly very interested in having us.

If anyone wants to try to continue the dyno trip to Speedworks for this Saturday you can take up the cause without me, I dont mind at all. If you are planning on trying to go on the new date of Saturday July 26th please let me know so I can take a head count. I have not told KC that we are definately coming that day because I wanted to give a day or two to see what interest I could drum up over here. If we get enough interest in the next day or two I will call back and tell them to put us down. So, who is with me? :burnout:

Sixpipes
07-08-2003, 07:25 PM
I'll probably attend, but I don't really want to see what my dyno numbers look like in July. :cool:

TxBolt
07-08-2003, 07:29 PM
Ok I didn't know it was official date the 26th. Wow! change it like that! :mad: Money is not that big of a deal to me, if it saves my heads.

dboat
07-09-2003, 09:04 AM
Did the microtuner install and need a/f ratios just to make sure.. I feel pretty confident that its a conservative tune, but one has to make sure.. even if it is July..
so count me in..
Dana

Oh and my thoughts on Speedworks at this point..:Bullshit

TXBLU
07-09-2003, 10:55 AM
I'll go on the 26th, no problem. I just want to check out what some of the other trucks out there are doing so I can decide on the mods I will make, plus I need a good baseline run. The more trucks and tunes I can get info on, the better.

Thanks guys!

Shiner1
07-09-2003, 10:56 AM
Dana

Oh and my thoughts on Speedworks at this point..:Bullshit I would really like to have a club dyno day but I wasn't happy with Speedworks prior to this, for reasons I won't vent/bore you with in this thread and this just cements those feelings. I would be more than happy to show up at another location to dyno and support our club.......just not at Speedworks. JMO, sorry to hijack the thread.

-- John

Mark #2
07-09-2003, 11:39 AM
Crawford,
Since you have a propensity for selecting establishments within 10 miles of my house I will support.:)

tliss
07-09-2003, 12:21 PM
OK, I just got back from Keith Craft Motorsports and got to take a look at the dyno and talk to some guys there. The dyno is above-ground with the elevator set up and is brand spankin' new. They have a very clean, very nice shop and it is an all-around great set up.

Pricing is stepped. Here is what I was told:

5 trucks = $50 for 3 pulls
10 trucks = $40 for 3 pulls
13+ trucks = $35 for 3 pulls

They do need 2 week's notice and an idea of the number of vehicle will be placed on the dyno. They can do roughly 20 trucks total in a day.

With all of this being said, we need to decide on a date and start getting confirmations of whose going to get on the dyno. I suggest we open another thread. I figure we're looking good for the 26th, so I'll get another thread opened up in the events section to begin collecting confirmations. Crawford, I hope I'm not stepping on your toes! I know you like to be Dyno Day director and all! :bows

Events thread here: http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2827

Tom

Crawford
07-09-2003, 01:51 PM
No problem Tom. I appreciate all the help I can get. I wouldnt say I "like" organizing the dyno days, I just decide I need to get a dyno done and I just invite all my friends! :D

Hey... uh... maybe we can hit Bonedaddys afterwards!!! :banana:

dboat
07-09-2003, 04:59 PM

I am onboard with that:tu:

Dana

Shiner1
07-09-2003, 05:13 PM
Hey... uh... maybe we can hit Bonedaddys afterwards!!! :banana:[/QUOTE]

:beer:-- John

tliss
07-09-2003, 07:08 PM
Uh, definitely. I'm thinking the good location of Keith Craft will be a blessing...a BoneDaddy's blessing! We just need more guys to sign up for the dyno day so we can have more cabbage for beer!

Tom

TXBLU
07-15-2003, 11:08 AM
To all: DFWStangs.net has a dyno day set up over at Kwik Kar Lube & Tune in Richardson, located at Campbell and Jupiter, across from the Vato-zone. They are set up to run from 10:00 to 4:00 and are charging $30.00 for 3 pulls with A/F, and $10.00 each for additional pulls. They said we are more than welcome to join them on the 20th. They also are running a 10% discount on oil & filter changes, and they carry Mobile One and Royal Purple, plus synthetic tranny and diff fluid. They say the guy that runs the place is way cool and wants a bunch of new biz. He's trying to get established as a place for gearheads to get treated right. Sounds interesting. Anybody up for it? (Hope I'm not stepping on any toes here....)

Check out thier web site at http://www.dfwstangs.net/. Look in the "any kind of get together" thread. Might be worth it! :tu:

wesman
07-15-2003, 01:26 PM
To all: DFWStangs.net has a dyno day set up over at Kwik Kar Lube & Tune in Richardson, located at Campbell and Jupiter, across from the Vato-zone. They are set up to run from 10:00 to 4:00 and are charging $30.00 for 3 pulls with A/F, and $10.00 each for additional pulls. They said we are more than welcome to join them on the 20th. They also are running a 10% discount on oil & filter changes, and they carry Mobile One and Royal Purple, plus synthetic tranny and diff fluid. They say the guy that runs the place is way cool and wants a bunch of new biz. He's trying to get established as a place for gearheads to get treated right. Sounds interesting. Anybody up for it? (Hope I'm not stepping on any toes here....)

Check out thier web site at http://www.dfwstangs.net/. Look in the "any kind of get together" thread. Might be worth it! :tu:

Just FYI- This is their everday price AFAIK, so if you don't wanna get in line with 100 other Mustangs we could set up a day anytime.

--wes

MrsMy2002Lightning
07-15-2003, 02:45 PM
Count the two of us in on the Dyno thang.

devildog92
07-16-2003, 09:06 AM
Uh, definitely. I'm thinking the good location of Keith Craft will be a blessing...a BoneDaddy's blessing! We just need more guys to sign up for the dyno day so we can have more cabbage for beer!

Tom

I don't guess they'd let a member of the club, who now owns a crapstang (thanks wife) make a run or two, huh?

tliss
07-16-2003, 10:41 AM
I don't guess they'd let a member of the club, who now owns a crapstang (thanks wife) make a run or two, huh?We've even got a guy coming with a regualr F150, so if you want to bring youre crapstang GT, go for it!

You're added to the list as possible.....the list is here http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2827

Tom

TXBLU
07-16-2003, 03:27 PM
Is there a prize for the lowest hp in a stock Gen II? Just kidding (kind of). :tongue:

99WhiteBeast
07-16-2003, 10:11 PM
Eric,
I bet I have you beat in my 99:roll I just want to get a baseline- I've never dyno'd.

TXBLU
07-17-2003, 04:31 PM
O.K., Maybe catagories for Gen I, Gen II.1, and GenII.2? HA, HA!!!!!:roll

devildog92
07-17-2003, 05:10 PM
We've even got a guy coming with a regualr F150, so if you want to bring youre crapstang GT, go for it!

You're added to the list as possible.....the list is here http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2827

TomWell, I dunno if I'm in yet or not...I am having ALOT of work done tomorrow and next week on the Mustang for this, so I am curious to see how it will run. I'll let ya know

my2002lightning
07-17-2003, 08:00 PM
Is there a prize for the lowest hp in a stock Gen II? Just kidding (kind of). :tongue:

Yeah, and Andrew's gonna get the prize when he gets back from his tree-hugging granola safari to Wyoming! :d

MrsMy2002Lightning
07-17-2003, 09:10 PM
Yeah, and Andrew's gonna get the prize when he gets back from his tree-hugging granola safari to Wyoming! :d

Andrew's one of those hippy tree huggin flower lovin weirdos ?

GETTA ROPE!

teehee!

I'm sure he'll be blessing our presence soon. Long as he doesn't drive too fast down the stairs when he gets home.

microsuck
07-20-2003, 04:16 PM
Andrew's one of those hippy tree huggin flower lovin weirdos ?

GETTA ROPE!

teehee!

I'm sure he'll be blessing our presence soon. Long as he doesn't drive too fast down the stairs when he gets home.
hey now! I heard that! Lets dot the 26th. Count me in fo sho!
Andrew

MrsMy2002Lightning
07-20-2003, 11:54 PM
I figured you would. teehee! Welcome back Andrew!

microsuck
07-23-2003, 10:57 AM
dang it something like this always happens. You guys are going to have to count me out. I have to be somewhere on saturday (literally all day)......
shucks
Andrew

Crawford
07-23-2003, 11:24 AM
I am going to go ahead and close this thread since the Speedworks dyno day never too place. The next dyno day has been confirmed for this Saturday @ Keith Kraft in Plano. You can read about it in the TALON upcoming events forum.