View Full Version : SVT Lightnings.com Fall Classic

Sixpipes
03-25-2002, 11:38 PM
The SVTLightnings.com Fall Classic is now in the initial planning stages. We will be looking for an October or November date at the Hallsville Texas Raceway to host a Lightnings Only event.

Three classes to include Open Class, Gen I brackets, and Gen II brackets. Looks like we probably need to throw in a grudge match or two. :mad: We will have all summer to promote and raise funds for trophies etc..... :burnout:

Comments?

Psssst............don't tell Doug yet. I just thought of this.

J.D. Blackwell
03-26-2002, 12:20 AM
.....Hallsville? Dennis, you are doing it for me aren't you.;)

Crawford
03-26-2002, 10:03 AM
Sounds like fun to me! I am in. I got dibs on first grudge match with Terry Hogg :rolleyes:

Actionpike
03-26-2002, 01:25 PM
Sounds good to me.

J.D. Blackwell
03-26-2002, 08:00 PM
OK, you get first dibs on Terry if you want to, because when I get a hold of him there won't be anything left for anyone else after me. :D

TxBolt
03-26-2002, 09:27 PM
Anything in East Tex. excites me , so close to home.:D Right J.D.

Moonshine
03-27-2002, 04:54 PM
I'm in, and I guess for my 1st grudge I'm going to have to pick Cooper, since the sorry SOB has me by 1/1000 of a second on personal best times.

Crawford
03-27-2002, 05:55 PM
Brian,

You better pack a sack lunch chief. Its going to be an all day job! :cool:

J.D. Blackwell
03-27-2002, 06:28 PM
Uh on Moonshine, thems fightin words. You might ought to buy some mods, since you haven't added a mod on it in probably over a year.:)
I still can't get over your truck with just a chip and filter. It must be the driver.:burnout:

Moonshine
03-27-2002, 06:38 PM
Ah, but Justin you are mistaken. I've added two mods in the past 6 weeks - I did the pillar boost gauge, and then thanks to Logan I did the bucket seat mod. I figure 2/10's for the seats alone. :) Besides, old age and treachery will always prevail over youth and enthusiasm. ;) I figure a pootietanger can pick up .001 on a whippersnapper in a heads up race, sack lunch or not.

J.D. Blackwell
03-27-2002, 09:52 PM
Moonshine, when was the last time you upgraded the program on your chip? I bet there is more hp lurking in a newer program. You can also shave a solid tenth off if you jam to some METALICA while you are in the staging lanes. I have done it with and without playing them and has proven to lower your et's.......you know its sad but true!

T Hogg
03-27-2002, 10:37 PM
For my official first post, I would like to say...to anyone that wants a piece of the Gen2Kilr, to bring it on! :D

It would be best to bring it now than later, because later will be alot worse. Also remember guys, you're not the only ones that are allowed to modify their trucks. It will probably boil down to who has the longest $$$$$$$$. My $$$ may not be that long but I have a discover platinum that says I WILL NOT LOSE TWICE.:D

This sounds like it will be a great event. Hope everything works out.

T Hogg - 11 sec Gen1 (if you forgot)

Sixpipes
03-28-2002, 09:08 AM
OK. I'm serious about this thing. I know the NHRA Nationals are at Ennis the second weekend in October, but I'm thinking 19/20 or 26/27. Should be cool weather etc....

J.D. Blackwell
03-28-2002, 02:12 PM
Sixpipes, I am in for definetly. How can I no go when it is 45 minutes from my house. I don't know if I will run either Open class or Gen 2 brackets though. Being in Hallsville I bet you will have a lot of support from the others.

Snowman
03-28-2002, 05:02 PM
I will be there, and in full force.:D

Moonshine
03-28-2002, 06:56 PM
Justin, I'm sure there is more HP in an updated program. H*ll, there's more power in my old program. I had him back off from his usual street performance program in the intersts of longevity and durability, and that was last fall. Never fear, it'll be plenty strong enough. I may try the Metalica, but I'm kinda partial to Golden Earring. :burnout:

Sixpipes
03-28-2002, 07:40 PM
Radar Love or something.

Moonshine
03-29-2002, 09:55 AM
Six, you got it. Most excellent gear jammin' tune.:)

Flats Man
03-29-2002, 12:12 PM
I may have my forged short block with lots of secret stuff in the truck by then. Even though I am not a lightning, could I get a Wild Card to the event? I won't be there unless I can compete!

Sixpipes
03-29-2002, 07:08 PM
"Regular Ole F150" modular (4.6L & 5.4L motors) class to draw more folks and because everything is still in the planning stages consider it done. :p

Flats Man
03-29-2002, 08:36 PM
Thanks Sixpipes, There are going to be some very fast supercharged F150's around and if we can't run with the Lightnings then we ain't s**t! It would be a lot of fun to throw some Supercharged F150's in the mix just to give you Boys something to beat up on.

Skank Dog
03-30-2002, 02:06 AM
We gonna have to do something about THOGG!!! He has just called us Gen2 boys out!! We just CANT have a Gen1 slappin' us around! Some body let me borrow some slicks, and and I'll have him baking us all cup cakes!! What flavor you boys like!!!:D :burnout: LMAO!!

(I think Justin will have a better chance with THOGG, but Ive just got to try and put my bluff in on him early!):p

J.D. Blackwell
03-30-2002, 02:34 AM
Settle down settle down, I have it all taken care of. Soon nobody will not know who Terry Hogg even is.:D

Skank Dog
03-30-2002, 11:30 AM
Alrighty then!! Thats what I wanted to hear!:D I'll keep talkin' smack to THOGG, then you and Casper there can jump on him!!
I love stirrin' up trouble and lettin' my buds take up the slack!:burnout: LOL!

T Hogg
03-31-2002, 04:00 PM
Hey Stank dog,(oh I'm sorry Skank dog):D ,
I'll buy you a set of slicks just so you can get a taste of the GEN2KILR!! ;)

As for Sir. Blackwell your best bet would be too buy a GEN1 and I'll help you fix-it-up,then maybe you might have a chance!! I'm working on some big changes just for you. Try not to lose all your sleep wondering how in the HELL I'm going to beat that GEN 1.

See ya at the track soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can show you better than I can tell you.

MadMax
03-31-2002, 10:18 PM
i've been drivin' all night my hands are wet on the wheel... :D

J.D. Blackwell
04-01-2002, 12:10 AM
Don't worry Hogg, I have been sleeping pretty good lately.

Take a couple pills (NOS pills) and call me in the morning.:D

J.D. Blackwell
08-22-2002, 01:25 PM
I still haven't forgotten about this now. Lets do something for after FFW Ennis. It would be nice to have the HALO group there also.

Ripster
08-22-2002, 09:39 PM
I'll be there for sure. Let me know I you need any help. Racing the L for the first time Fri. I will be better equiped to talk s#$% afterward.

OneRedTXBolt
09-04-2002, 09:37 AM
I realize the original post on this was back in March, but is this going to happen?

I'm just trying to catch up :o

OneRedTXBolt
09-09-2002, 09:21 AM
TTT

tliss
09-09-2002, 10:21 AM
I'm still up for this, if it's going to happen. Keep us posted!

Tom

Sixpipes
09-09-2002, 10:58 AM
I'm talking to Hallsville about November 16 or 23. Both dates are open. I'm also open for suggestions regarding format.

Chuck says he will run us as a Club Event. $15 to race $10 for spectators. Tentative date is November 16. Gates open at 4:30 PM with two hours of T & T. Event starts at 8PM. Rooms are available at the Longview Inn through the track at $34/night. We can have a couple of classes and he will run the program for us at no charge. We can put up, say ten bucks each for trophy/prize money and get out pretty cheap. That might be the best way to do the first one. Having the track to ourselves on Saturday will cost $5,000-6,000 because that is his big money night so I don't see that as an option.:cool:

J.D. Blackwell
09-10-2002, 06:24 PM
That sounds like the best deal there. I am glad you got it all figured out. Lets do it. We need to start another thread, so we know who is showing up.

When you say Club Event do you mean TALON or all L's???Remember there are a few Tyler and a couple of Longview guys that most likely can make it.
There is even a L or 2 in Texarkana. Also what about the Cajun (Louisiana) L's. lol Also some HALO guys might show too.

Would be nice to have 25+ L's since we have our own class.

Sixpipes
09-10-2002, 11:16 PM
Justin,

The format is Club Event. The plan is for it to be an "All Lightning" meet. I don't see why we couldn't get 50+. :burnout:

OneRedTXBolt
09-11-2002, 11:07 PM
I can't wait! Maybe it'll be cold enough for me to get into the 12's (finally!) :banana: