PDA

View Full Version : Doug, what's up w/the Custom Avatar thing?

my2002lightning
06-19-2003, 08:12 PM
Did you yank some priv.s, been goofing w/the software or something. I'm logged in and wanting to get rid of "JJ"....

'bout time! :hammer::beer:

Ronald

PS: Laney and I are wanting to give you $ to be "O-fisshul' "TALON members.

Silver_2000
06-19-2003, 08:31 PM
The new software has some cool new features... One I implemented a while back was defining different persissions / access levels for registered users and for "Full Members"

The announcements are screwed up and tough to read in the beta version BUT I added this text a few days ago

New Features/Membership Privileges available to Supporting TALON Members:
Enhanced Access, function, features in VBulletin V3 Forum Software
Higher Private Message Limit - 3000
Can upload more attachments to the Forum
Greater Forum Permissions -
More edit +view rights
Can use Custom Titles
Can download attachments
Can Post Polls
Can upload custom avatar
Can set self to invisible mode

PS - I will likely lower the PM limit to something more reasonable like 500. Other wise Ill have lazy SOBs like Terry never delete anything....

You got caught in the middle - You had used a custom avatar but then were denied the abilty to change it with the new system

Another new feature is the Subscriptions feature
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/subscriptions.php (http://www.talonclub.com/forum/subscriptions.php)

You can use the Forum software to join up and it automatically changes your group membership ... As a matter of fact Logan and I tested it for the first time less than an hour ago ....

You will also find that after joining there is another forum section you cant see as a registered user

Doug

Silver_2000
06-19-2003, 08:53 PM
I set your avator to the talon logo for now

my2002lightning
06-20-2003, 07:41 PM
So, can you re-enable my custom avatar option also?

I'd appreciate it ...

Ronald

Silver_2000
06-20-2003, 08:00 PM
So, can you re-enable my custom avatar option also?

I'd appreciate it ...

Ronald

Ron

I have intentionally limited the permissions of the Registered users group to both reward the folks who help support the site and to encourage other folks to join them. $10 bucks a year is a deal for folks that use the website, the forum and the features available.

You'll find that if you use the Subscriptions feature http://www.talonclub.com/forum/subscriptions.php
The custom avatar feature will come back automatically when the software adds you to the Talon Full members group. You will also find that you will be able to see an additional forum section
Doug

my2002lightning
06-20-2003, 08:09 PM
Doug,

I don't have a Paypal acct (yet..), but Elaine does. I'll work w/her to get you $20 for the 2 of us asap!

Hey, how's the TALON gear lineup going? You can pretty much put us down for 2x of alot of your offerings...

Thanks,

Ronald

Silver_2000
06-20-2003, 08:22 PM
Doug,

I don't have a Paypal acct (yet..), but Elaine does. I'll work w/her to get you $20 for the 2 of us asap!

Hey, how's the TALON gear lineup going? You can pretty much put us down for 2x of alot of your offerings...

Thanks,

Ronald

the shirts and caps are coming together. I am just waiting to see if I can get the embroidery ready art from JDM since he did shirts last year and the conversion of the logo to embroidery ready art will cost $125 if I dont have his to use...

Since I dont plan on selling tons of shirts I would rather keep the over head as low as possible and there fore be able to sell the shirts as cheap as possible. If I dont get solid progress by next week Ill pay the $125 to get it started after I get back from the VA FFW race

Doug