PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problems

Actionpike
05-21-2002, 01:08 PM
Has anyone had problems with the foglights???? I noticed about a week ago a big power surge and heard a pop. Then you could not see my radio crystal when I turned the foglights on. I used to be able to do both with the dimmer on halfway. I now have to turn the dimmer up all the way just to make out what station the radio is on when I have the lights on, otherwise it is fine. Yesterday when I was looking at my truck I noticed something on the foglights. I got up closer and noticed they were cracked up all over. I knew it was not from driving because I do not drive it that much. I went to get gas and I was driving with the lights on, I got out to get the gas and while it was filling up I checked out the lights again. I noticed you could not touch them because they were burning up. :flaming: I love my Lightning but this is the third time I have had to take it in. I also need to get the pad fixed(again) in the driver's seat. I now have a nice crease in the leather where the bar was wearing through the pad. Then there is a nice popping noise when I go to turn(coming from the left wheel). Let me know if ya have had any similar problems. Who knows about the LEMON Law??? If I keep having problems then I may start pressing for a new one.

Logan
05-21-2002, 01:32 PM
The drivers side clunk is a known issue. Get yourself a set of Herb's washers and an alignment afterwards.

tliss
05-21-2002, 02:32 PM
Fogs on the 01-02 are known to crack. Something to do with the plastic and the heat generated. I'm on my second set and there are some guys that are on their 3rd and 4th. The dealer should replace them without question.

Tom

L8 APEX
05-21-2002, 03:53 PM
The cracking issue is known but some dealers won't cover it they BS you about rock damage. The lenses were not made to withstand the heat. Ford sends them back to the manufacturer for credit. Westway wouldn't fix mine a month after I bought the truck, or replace a chunked tire, or replace a rim that was dinged on the shipping truck:mad: they had the only silver in town last March is the only reason I bought there. Bankston replaces them for us just get with Jerry Kaupschek (sp)? Senior service writer on the right of the desks. Let him know you are Doug's friend :D As for the popping and dimming??? If it is only the radio dimming and other gauges are bright then it is only the radio. Doesn't make sense about the fogs though. I think they are on their own relay w/o looking at the manual.

Actionpike
05-22-2002, 08:47 AM
I noticed yesterday when I was showing the guy at Town East Ford that anytime you turn the lights on the radio dims or goes blank(you can hear it just not see what station or the time). The guy was real friendly he said he could fix the lights, the clunk on the left side, and the seat pad. He did get down to check the lights to see if they had been damaged on the outside.