Let me know here if somethig is screwed up

Doug

Logan
06-13-2003, 05:55 PM
Better you than me! :)

blueoval01
06-13-2003, 06:22 PM
Whoa :eek2:
Much better refresh rate on "read" messages.

Thanks Doug :tu:

Silver_2000
06-13-2003, 11:00 PM
Well

What do you think ?

There are LOTS of cool new features. When you add a smilie now it goes in to the post at the cursor rather than at the end of the post. There is a wysiwyg interface for the posts.

LOTS of stuff.. Poke around and tell me what you think...

Since this is BETA software there will be issues...

There are 4 arrow icons in he uppr right corner of the home page They are place holder icons but if you hold your mouse over them they have separate functions .. The second froom the left is the NEW posts icon that shows you all the new posts since your last visit...

Doug

Silver_2000
06-14-2003, 08:58 AM
Added 3 more colors.. The new style system makes it real easy ...

You can pick from the following 4 options

TALON - vBulletin 3 Style - Monochrome shades of grey
vBulletin 3 - Default BLUE
Electric Blue
Electric Red

Sixpipes
06-14-2003, 09:48 AM
Default blue is cool. Too much red & blue in the electric categories, IMO. http://talonclub.com/forum/images/smilies/eek2.gif

Silver_2000
06-14-2003, 01:55 PM
The forum is now configured to show thumbnails rather than the whole file when someone attaches a picture to a thread. You can click the thumbnail to see the larger version

The NEW sttachements willl have the thumbnails - The old attachments show up as link with no thumbnail.

blueoval01
06-14-2003, 03:02 PM
The forum is now configured to show thumbnails rather than the whole file when someone attaches a picture to a thread. You can click the thumbnail to see the larger version

The NEW sttachements willl have the thumbnails - The old attachments show up as link with no thumbnail.

Hummm, good idea. :)

L8 APEX
06-14-2003, 04:23 PM
I would like the old style online indicator, the new small button is hard for me to see. Also would like the onilne and birthday columns back up top. Good work.

L8 APEX
06-14-2003, 04:39 PM
I would like the old style online indicator, the new small button is hard for me to see. Also would like the onilne and birthday columns back up top. Good work.
Is the clock correct?

whitelightning'02
06-14-2003, 04:45 PM
:beer::beer::beer:I like it!!!!

The PM's at the top is great so yo can see that you have any right away.

Lee

Silver_2000
06-14-2003, 07:02 PM
Is the clock correct?

If your timezone settings in your profile are correct then the time will be..

The other option preferences you mention are NOT configurable in this version..

Doug

Logan
06-14-2003, 07:18 PM
I would prefer if this site could make me breakfast and wipe my ass for me. I don't see that in the options screen though?? :confused:

Silver_2000
06-14-2003, 07:52 PM

While I know you like to *****...

The online system looks JUST like it did in VB2, Nloc and F150onoline are both the same way. The birthdays is EXACTLY the same as well...

The issue is .......................

If there are no birthdays the birthday section doesnt show up ...

L8 APEX
06-14-2003, 08:58 PM
While I know you like to *****...

The online system looks JUST like it did in VB2, Nloc and F150onoline are both the same way. The birthdays is EXACTLY the same as well...

The issue is .......................

If there are no birthdays the birthday section doesnt show up ...
I remember the online indicator being a large green flashing pill above your screen name. Now it is a very small dot at the bottom of the post.

Silver_2000
06-14-2003, 10:17 PM
I remember the online indicator being a large green flashing pill above your screen name. Now it is a very small dot at the bottom of the post.

The small dot at the bottom is your reputation. The only online indicator that I know of is this one.
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/online.php?

The VB3 style os NOT yet complete . That means that details will continue to change as the new versions come out...

Once its stable, and released as Gold version, then lets pick it apart

dboat
06-16-2003, 09:15 AM
after taking a few moments to get used to the new look, I like it.. Also, after I read the sticky it kept me from asking where the "View New Posts" button was..
I frequently get logged out though and have to re-enter my login, I also get a script error pop up as well.
The refresh rate is very fast and much improved, is this a software or hardware improvement?.. usually, I have found software tries to slow things down to about 9600 baud for the lowest common denominator.

:tu:

Dana

Silver_2000
06-16-2003, 09:43 AM
after taking a few moments to get used to the new look, I like it.. Also, after I read the sticky it kept me from asking where the "View New Posts" button was..
I frequently get logged out though and have to re-enter my login, I also get a script error pop up as well.
The refresh rate is very fast and much improved, is this a software or hardware improvement?.. usually, I have found software tries to slow things down to about 9600 baud for the lowest common denominator.

:tu:

Dana
Dana - post the script error please or email it to me.

What browser are you using ?

TO fix the logon problems delete your TALON cookies - The easy way to do that is close all your browser windows, then open the cookies folder using Windows explorer and hit f3 which will open a search window - type in the word TALON and search - and delete the TALON cookies.

The speed is dependant mostly on your connection - Do you dial up or use dsl/cable ? The biggest speed improvement was a few months ago when we started ssharing Logans server...

Doug

dboat
06-16-2003, 10:45 AM
Dana - post the script error please or email it to me.

What browser are you using ?

TO fix the logon problems delete your TALON cookies - The easy way to do that is close all your browser windows, then open the cookies folder using Windows explorer and hit f3 which will open a search window - type in the word TALON and search - and delete the TALON cookies.

The speed is dependant mostly on your connection - Do you dial up or use dsl/cable ? The biggest speed improvement was a few months ago when we started ssharing Logans server...

Doug

using IE 6.0

am working on temp internet files now.. what a mess, havent deleted them in months..
using dsl.. just seemed faster to me..
Dana

Silver_2000
06-16-2003, 02:11 PM
I created a button to make it easy to see new posts since you last logged on.. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/talon/newpost.gif

Then I edited the templates to point to the new button.. rather than the default temp button http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/talon/lastpost.gif

Doug

Silver_2000
07-02-2003, 01:14 AM
Now running Beta 4

Fixed the Announcements page.. And lots of other small stuff

Doug

Moonshine
07-02-2003, 11:05 AM
Any progress on a solution/alternative to the Photo Gallery probs?

dboat
07-02-2003, 11:07 AM
I created a button to make it easy to see new posts since you last logged on.. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/talon/newpost.gif

Then I edited the templates to point to the new button.. rather than the default temp button http://www.talonclub.com/forum/images/talon/lastpost.gif

Doug

I noticed this and have been using the beejeebers out of it.. me likey.. thanks Doug..

Dana

dboat
07-02-2003, 11:08 AM

I will take some of the heat on this one.. I am supposed to help clean up the old photos... just need some software to get it done...
:vomit:

Silver_2000
07-02-2003, 11:18 AM

While I would love to blame Dana... The issue is getting a gallery that can integrate with VBulletin

Since I installed the Beta software - Its my fault the gallery is broke

If you have pics you want added - try logging in and doingit yourself - The inteface still works its is just a pain to use since it asks you to login again and again - Or Email them to me and Ill add them using FTP

As soon as Photopost supports the new VB we wil get that ....

In the mean time I might work with Logan to see if we can port the pictures over to his version of photopost. The problem with that is that any pictures you are linking on another site will break twice. Once when we move to Logans gallery then again when we set up the new gallery back here

Doug

Moonshine
07-02-2003, 11:21 AM
If you have pics you want added - try logging in and doingit yourself - The inteface still works its is just a pain to use since it asks you to login again and again
Doug

This has not been working for me. My "upload" button no workee.

dboat
07-02-2003, 12:08 PM
While I would love to blame Dana...
Doug

Should have taken the cover when you had it..:evil

was just trying to give you some cover cowboy////:twitch:

Silver_2000
07-02-2003, 12:31 PM
This has not been working for me. My "upload" button no workee.If the upload doesnt work its because it doesnt think you're logged in... Make surethe top left corner of the gallery says Hi moonshine or something

I just had a flash of inspiration

Since I have 4 day off coming - Maybe the easiest thing to do while we wait in a better solution is UN integrate it from VB - you will have to create a login for the gallery BUT it might solve the problems.. Ill test it this weekend

Doug

Moonshine
07-03-2003, 09:43 AM
If the upload doesnt work its because it doesnt think you're logged in... Make surethe top left corner of the gallery says Hi moonshine or something

Doug

It won't let me log in one the member gallery page. After filling in the user name and password, and clicking on the log in button, it takes me back to the main photo gallery page, and I never get the Hi Moonshine message. :(

Silver_2000
07-03-2003, 09:54 AM
It won't let me log in one the member gallery page. After filling in the user name and password, and clicking on the log in button, it takes me back to the main photo gallery page, and I never get the Hi Moonshine message. :(
Yeah I broke it good now... :hammer:

Give me a day or 2 I will have it back to the way it was back when we first used it - You will need to sign up with separate username and password
BUT it will work
Doug

Silver_2000
07-03-2003, 10:10 AM

OK - its fixed Now

Go ahead and register
Doug

Silver_2000
07-03-2003, 12:18 PM
OK - its fixed Now

Go ahead and register
Doug

Hold off on registereing just yet

I am going to try to import the existing usernames in the order that you signed up in so that the pictures that you uploaded will still be credited to you....

I have asked logan for help with this error

Error

SQL-query :

INSERT INTO 4images_users( user_id, user_name, user_password, user_email,
user_homepage ) (

SELECT userid, username, u_password, email, homepage
FROM user
)

MySQL said:

Doug

Logan
07-03-2003, 01:41 PM
You may need the "values" keyword inbetween the parenthesis sets...

user_homepage ) values (
SELECT userid, username, u_password, email, homepage FROM user)

L

Silver_2000
07-03-2003, 10:07 PM
You may need the "values" keyword inbetween the parenthesis sets...

user_homepage ) values (
SELECT userid, username, u_password, email, homepage FROM user)
L

Error
SQL-query :
INSERT INTO 4images_users( user_id, user_name, user_password, user_email, user_homepage )
VALUES (
FROM user
)
MySQL said:

You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'SELECT userid, username, u_password, email, homepage FROM user )' at line 1

blueoval01
07-04-2003, 10:53 AM
Doug,
I tested using this syntax:

INSERT INTO MISC_DATA (CODE_1, CODE_2, CODE_3)
SELECT LIB_ID, ID, CODE
FROM CLUE

Soooooooo, try this one on yours:
INSERT INTO 4images_users(user_id, user_name, user_password, user_email, user_homepage)
FROM user

Silver_2000
07-04-2003, 11:00 AM
Doug,
I tested using this syntax:

INSERT INTO MISC_DATA (CODE_1, CODE_2, CODE_3)
SELECT LIB_ID, ID, CODE
FROM CLUE

Soooooooo, try this one on yours:
INSERT INTO 4images_users(user_id, user_name, user_password, user_email, user_homepage)
FROM user

That looks like the same thing we tried a few posts up .....

THanks for trying though

Silver_2000
07-04-2003, 11:02 AM
Another cool feature I JUST found is you can now Download your personal messages. As Text, XML or CSV

That should make it easy for folks to keep thier mail boxes clean

Doug

dboat
07-04-2003, 11:06 AM
Doug,
that sounds cool.. how is it done? maybe you can post a tacky so we dont ask "how to" all the time.. :tu:
Dana

blueoval01
07-04-2003, 11:13 AM
That looks like the same thing we tried a few posts up .....

THanks for trying though
Hummm, comparing the first statement ......
My SELECT doesn't have () brackets around it.

Silver_2000
07-04-2003, 11:17 AM
Doug,
that sounds cool.. how is it done? maybe you can post a tacky so we dont ask "how to" all the time.. :tu:
Dana

It is REAL easy

At the bottom of the PM page are 3 links

Download all Private Messages as: XML (http://www.talonclub.com/forum/private.php?do=downloadpm&dowhat=xml) | CSV (http://www.talonclub.com/forum/private.php?do=downloadpm&dowhat=csv) | TEXT (http://www.talonclub.com/forum/private.php?do=downloadpm&dowhat=txt)

Click one of them and it brings up a save as window

I havent done it so I dont know if it automatically empties the inbox or not. ( in other words does it leave a copy of the messages on the server - I doubt it )

Doug

Silver_2000
07-05-2003, 01:07 AM
Thanks to Logan and Blueoval01 ( and me ) the gallery is up and ready to go again
Here is content of post on the subject
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2781

All your pictures are still there and all the previous links you may have posted elsewhere will still work.

HOWEVER - While we used blueoval01's sql query to add your username and password tothe Gallery - The usernames ARE no longer connected. If you change one it doesnt change the other. If you log into the Forum you are NOT neccesarily logged in to the Gallery

I just got done - Havent done any real testing - Post here if you run into problems

This solution should give us a working Gallery untill a better solution comes out

Doug

Logan
07-05-2003, 09:11 PM
Stupid ass open source databases... It'd be nice if they'd adhere to ansi standards for cryin' out loud...