PDA

View Full Version : What to do to the L now

J.D. Blackwell
06-10-2003, 09:47 AM
I am needing some ideas on what to do about the L.
I have been thinking about going to a different front valance different from the L. Not sure, but Street Scene makes a Gen 3 & Gen 4 bumper.
http://www.sporttruckdirect.com/SSE_Front_Valances.html

I also I was thinking of maybe painting the front of the truck Sonic Blue and it flames out down the hood and fenders and then have the rest of the truck white. Not really sure.

Maybe Billet grills? Maybe Street Scene smooth bed step caps and roll pan? Smooth wiper cowl?

Do any of your guys have any ideas?

Silver_2000
06-10-2003, 10:02 AM
Sell it and get a Focus before you kill yourself or someone else ?

:evil

Logan has a nice Focus for sale

Doug

J.D. Blackwell
06-10-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
Sell it and get a Focus before you kill yourself or someone else ?

:evil

Logan has a nice Focus for sale

Doug

How can you say that to me? I was going to pull the seats out and sell you my driver seat and put racing seats in it.:rolleyes:

:roll

Silver_2000
06-10-2003, 11:30 AM
JD

I know it sounds harsh - And I guess I did mean it that way.

The reason is I am scared for you. I see a lot of myself 20 years ago in you, and I am CERTAIN that if I had that truck 20 years ago I would be fertilizing Daisy's by now. I don't want to see that happen to you or your friends.

BUT - Ill still buy the seats :evil

Doug

Fuzion
06-10-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by J.D. Blackwell
I am needing some ideas on what to do about the L.
I have been thinking about going to a different front valance different from the L. Not sure, but Street Scene makes a Gen 3 & Gen 4 bumper.
http://www.sporttruckdirect.com/SSE_Front_Valances.html

Maybe Billet grills? Maybe Street Scene smooth bed step caps and roll pan? Smooth wiper cowl?

Do any of your guys have any ideas?

I like ur ideas, roll pan and side steps would be awesome, along with the wiper cowl. The new front valence would be a huge difference, so make sure you really want to change it before you do, and if you do change I say, get the Gen 4, along with billet grille inserts top and bottom. The Gen 4 is more sporty, and fast looking. The Gen 3, being all big and all, most likely won't look good on a L.

dboat
06-10-2003, 01:05 PM
you want to do is cool. IMO, I am not a fan of the wiper cowl.. just dont care for it..
the other valances are pretty cool, but then you wont look like an L, just an L wanta be.. again, IMO..
I do like the smooth caps and side steps.. the smooth roll pan is cool too..
in the end, it has to make YOU happy...
I also agree with Doug, good thing I had old hand me down cars and station wagons.. otherwise I think I would be dead now if I had a truck like the L back in the day..
Dana

J.D. Blackwell
06-10-2003, 01:40 PM
I am also going to tear down the whole front and rear susp. and build a new one myself.

This truck is going to be setting about as low as GO_RILA's.
The 20's will be coming off and I will be running 15x5's with the Mickey Thompson 26" 8 ply skinny tires. I will probably back-half the rear too. Probably run 29x18.50 Mickey's on the rear for the street. I want to be different you know.;) She will be a race truck now, but will he a 55mph cruiser on the street every now and then.

Keep the comments coming guys. Your word counts.

Mark #2
06-10-2003, 01:55 PM
Justin,
You didn't watch Horsepower TV last week did you...?;)

J.D. Blackwell
06-10-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Mark #2
Justin,
You didn't watch Horsepower TV last week did you...?;)

No. What happened?

andy_cain
06-10-2003, 04:00 PM
I was out the other day and passed a farm house with a red Firehawk that had a lift kit and big a$$ tires and was set up for 4 wheeling off road...:vomit: :vomit:

Now, on the other hand, Trucks by their nature are designed for off road...with some creativity and work, I would bank that you would have the fastest F-ing "Dune Buggy" gen2 Lightning ANYWHERE:tu:
Wonder what kind of 60 foot times you could get on 4 wheel drive with the motor you have already.

One thing for sure, That pressure you were putting on my #2 spot for the 1/4 mile...Looks like I can hold on to that spot for a bit longer:banana:

If I had a good enough reason, I would chop the top and give it the ole' ZZ Top look:bows

dboat
06-10-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by andy_cain

If I had a good enough reason, I would chop the top and give it the ole' ZZ Top look:bows

yep and some suicide doors:evil

J.D. Blackwell
06-10-2003, 04:09 PM
One thing for sure, That pressure you were putting on my #2 spot for the 1/4 mile...Looks like I can hold on to that spot for a bit longer:banana:

It won't put be back for to long though. I am already looking for parts. I am thinking about swapping for a 8.8 rear end. 4 link w/ coil over set up too. I am going to try to get this truck under 4,000# I know JL has got his under that right now.

I figure out of all the things I am planning on doing at this point I should shave off at least .6 - .7 tenths off of the 12.05 it has ran before, and I am going to throw about a 125 shot on top of that. Maybe even more.

andy_cain
06-10-2003, 04:28 PM
See, now we are on the right track...so to say:D
Suicide doors, chopped top, dropped to the ground with a plush looking interior, Fat 22's ballin' down the road with the dvd screen playing the ZZ Top "Pearl Necklace" video:beer:

:evil Dual nitrous purge tubes:evil

Mark #2
06-10-2003, 04:51 PM
Justin,
They were back-halfing a Nova, it was a good show on how to do a back-half and tub conversion.
Mark

J.D. Blackwell
06-10-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Mark #2
Justin,
They were back-halfing a Nova, it was a good show on how to do a back-half and tub conversion.
Mark

Hmmmm. Sounds interesting.

Just got a price on the 4 link kit. $449+shipping. Includes panhard bar and C-sections. Has 1" Heim joints.:eek2:
Does not include coil overs though.

If I can find an old 8.8 rear end to swap out, that new rear susp. should shave at least 150#. The 9.75" we have is just overkill. Just put in a pair if 33 splines in with a locker for the 8.8

Parts for the 8.8 are a dime a dozen and you can buy 15" wheels for the bolt pattern they have for $170 a piece and not have to shave the calipers. If you buy 15" wheels for our 5x135mm bolt pattern they are at least $335 a piece.

I got this $h!t down to a science.:twitch:

dboat
06-10-2003, 05:28 PM
See, now we are on the right track...so to say:D
Suicide doors, chopped top, dropped to the ground with a plush looking interior, Fat 22's ballin' down the road with the dvd screen playing the ZZ Top "Pearl Necklace" video:beer:

:evil Dual nitrous purge tubes:evil

are those 22's spinners?:eek2:

TxBolt
06-10-2003, 06:28 PM
You might as well make it a trailer queen that gets in the 9s and buy you a 2004 Lightning for cruising! J.D you could not go wrong there!!:nana2 :nana2

J.D. Blackwell
06-12-2003, 09:24 AM
OK, what do you guys think of a Sonic Blue Flamed White Lightning?

The whole front of the truck will be Sonic Blue and it wil flame all the way to the bed.