PDA

View Full Version : Local JDM chip tuning around the corner.

L8 APEX
06-03-2003, 01:27 PM
I have received the necessary equipment now I am waiting on a CD from Superchips to make it all work. That CD should be here the end of this week or early next week. Then I will work with JDM to have a local stash of popular files. Of course custom changes and files will only be an email away in the future. This should aleviate many of the pains of shutting your truck down and waiting days for a reburn to be received and mailed back to you. This setup was not cheap by any means but you will still save the $40 or so bucks in overnight shipping. I can even expand the system for mobile use at track and dyno days. I have been working with Doug and Jim (JDM) to bring this to TALON for a long time. It looks like it is finally here!:beer:

microsuck
06-03-2003, 02:38 PM
Uber-sweet!:banana: What kind of costs are we looking at for reburns? Any plans to be able to do auto-logic chips?
Andrew

Logan
06-03-2003, 02:45 PM
Very cool... :)

L8 APEX
06-03-2003, 03:38 PM
I have talked with Mike and Sal about their Autologic chips. They won't do it in Dallas. Apparently Mike the owner of Autologic is good buddies with the crew at Dallas Mustang Performance. He worked their or something before he moved up north. So he doesn't want to affect their zone. I told him no L owner used them for diddly but that didn't matter.:rolleyes: I have gotten the best performance and response from JDM and Superchips. I will also be able to do most any other Ford appliction with this system Mustangs, Deisels etc.
JDM is charging $125 for reburns plus 18 bucks each way for shipping is near $165 bucks. I plan on keeping it a lot closer to 100 bucks for TALON members. Once I get this setup paid off I will have more room to be flexible:tu:

microsuck
06-03-2003, 03:43 PM
dallas mustang does autologic chips? I bet they dont know much about trucks though. any price ballpark figures?
Andrew

blueoval01
06-03-2003, 03:52 PM
Nice .......:tu:

Thanks, TC.

L8 APEX
06-03-2003, 03:53 PM
The last one I fixed from a Mustang Shop did standard Mustang crap to a Lightning. Pro-M MAF, scratched the piss out of his truck getting it on the lift and installing Bassani headers, exhaust. Then it ate a blower because they set the shifts @6200rpm with a 4" pulley and redline at @6500rpm :eek:. I spent a week straightening it out and netted another 20rwhp at a safer a/f, and lowered his ET by 4 tenths. I don't think they have tuned many L's since then. They don't have the best following on TALON. Mustang shops in general should not be allowed to work on L's. The philosophies don't mix well.

Moonshine
06-04-2003, 10:01 AM
:tu: :tu: Muy cool. Hmmmm, me wonders if I should start thinking about retiring the old reliable "Tom 5" burn.

L8 APEX
06-04-2003, 10:37 AM
If it ain't broke don't fix it. On the other hand maybe I can write a Police Interceptor program for the farm truck:burnout:

StormShadow
06-19-2003, 10:46 PM
how is this working out Terry cause I still need a chip for my '03

cpeapea
06-19-2003, 10:56 PM
yea thats funny that you mention Dallas mustang, i know a few guys from there like carless chris who has a sweet ass mustang. but honestly i dont think they do great work either especially on our trucks...these are no romeo motors. i think lonestar perf might know more about our trucks because thats where Terry H goes i think. but id have to say that PR is the place to go, terry is the shiznit

L8 APEX
06-19-2003, 11:14 PM
how is this working out Terry cause I still need a chip for my '03
Give me the computer code off the PCM it should be a 4 digit number in the passenger door jam or on the PCM. I can get stock files from Superchips and am still waiting on a CD of customer files from JDM:rolleyes:

diablolightning
06-20-2003, 03:24 AM
carless chris's car is a pos jk it is old and he just swapped to e7 heads but stayed speed density. His car with the e6 heads and a 125 of n2o did a 12.80. e6 heads are the worst pos heads ever made. but his car should be faster. Albert is another cool guy that works there mike, mike w. well I know alot of the guys but it is true they don't really know jack about L's. All they do is Atologic mostly. Isn't mike or sal one of the guys the broke the code to be able to tune chips. maybe not can't recall.

cpeapea
06-20-2003, 07:33 AM
im not sure really who broke the code, carless chris just mentioned to me a month ago ithink that he just put a new motor in? and that hes wanting to be able to run a crazy fast time. hes a nice guy, i bs with him wheneven i see him. why do some people stay speed density? i heard you can only tune it up to a certain point before you cant go any further.

99WhiteBeast
06-20-2003, 08:42 AM
greatness-:bows

Silver_2000
06-20-2003, 09:08 AM
Be careful with Dallas Mustang

There are a few members here that had bad expereinces

Doug

diablolightning
06-20-2003, 12:20 PM
speed density cars can go faster for some reason. I think it is because as the mass air reads air it may be restricting the motor of hp, but not very reliable at times. Ive heard some stangs doing flat 13.00s and into the twelves with ported upper and lower intakes and ported stock heads, full exhaust, and stock cam or a very mild cam, I got a b302 that chris was supposed to buy.ha, he was kinda pissed. b302 is similar to b303 but it is for speed density. He did drop the new motor, it is supposed to be way faster. He ported some e7 and maybe the intake. on the bottle I figure hes gonna be in the low:burnout: 12.00s:burnout:
I'll try to get a better defenition as to they go faster.

Also speed density cars can't have any wild cams or super duper badass haeds.:(

StormShadow
06-21-2003, 03:11 PM
Terry, I didnt find a code on my passenger door and I'm not too sure where to look for the pcm:confused:

L8 APEX
06-21-2003, 05:28 PM
Terry, I didnt find a code on my passenger door and I'm not too sure where to look for the pcm:confused:
The computer is up in the fassenger firewall/footwell area but it should have a black cap and code. Here are some sample pics from the shop:tu:

StormShadow
06-26-2003, 10:17 PM
thanks Terry. I'll check that out in the morning...btw who's silver L was at Medlins today with the red graphics?

L8 APEX
06-26-2003, 10:25 PM
thanks Terry. I'll check that out in the morning...btw who's silver L was at Medlins today with the red graphics?
That would be mine:D

Moonshine
06-27-2003, 08:44 AM
That would be mine:D

Well, it has been out of circulation for long enough that you have to forgive folks for not remembering what it looks like. :hammer:

L8 APEX
06-27-2003, 09:20 AM
It is better than buying a new truck just put yours away for 6 months and then walla:hammer: new truck!