PDA

View Full Version : Help with ebay

dboat
05-20-2003, 04:58 PM
I have never ever sold anything on ebay. I need to sell my motorcycle and am not sure of what to expect or what to do to make sure I make this happen and smoothly.. I dont want to have to ship it anywhere,(if the buyer wants to thats up to them).. I just want to get my cash and get the title changed... Can anyone here give me a hand on this? it the motorcycle I have listed in the for sale forum here..
Thanks
Dana

dboat
05-20-2003, 05:03 PM
here one pic

L8 APEX
05-20-2003, 10:59 PM
I think you have to be a verified member to sell cars on eBay. Look at some existing ads for ideas. Take a few good pics usually one of each side. Type a papragraph describing the bike. Write a foot note about shipping, deposit, payment terms etc. Then post it up. Other than that someone may have more/better input.

98Cobra
05-21-2003, 12:34 AM
I dont think you have to be a verified member to sell a vehicle on ebay. But being ID verified is easy, so why not?

Anyway, I put my bike up there to sell it. Basically do what Terry said, and follow the examples they give you for creating the ad.

microsuck
05-21-2003, 12:43 AM
You dont. I have sold a few bikes on ebay. I am kind of an ebay junkie guru. I can help you out. A detailed description is nice, but the bidding setup is the most important. there are 3 ways to list it.
1. Reserve price
2. No reserve and high opening bid
3. No reserve and low opening bid.
If you are really afraid that your bike wont sell for what you want then use #1. I suggest you look up auctions for your bike and see what others are paying for it. That way you can guess what you will get for it. I suggest #3. The stupid ebay people get excited about no reserve and a low opening bid. You will get lots of bidders involved, and when you do that they compete for your bike. Realise that you auction can (and will usually)double the bid price in the last 2 min of its listing, so dont end it early. also, ebay will take 12% of what your bike sells for. So if you can, try to sell it to one of the bidders privately and then kill the auction. I am tired of typing now, but there is plenty more to learn. feel free to shoot me an email with seller questions.
Andrew

microsuck
05-21-2003, 12:44 AM
ps. is that a zx-11?

dboat
05-21-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by microsuck
ps. is that a zx-11?

yes it is...
for the uninitiated..
0-60 in 2.8 secs (it will do this in first gear w/o hitting the redline)
170 mph top end
cruise from 5mph to over 100mph in third gear
rides like a dream, smoother than my wifes SUV and my truck

its big and the riding position is not cramped up and puts very little weight on the wrists.. almost a standard bike riding position.

microsuck
05-21-2003, 09:39 AM
haha, I laugh. But I also just bought a turbocharged CBR 929RR. The bike has corillo rods, JE pistions, intercooler with watersprayer, turbo timer and boost controler, power commander 3, and the motor is completely built. the bike is pushing 210rwhp at 10psi. bike has 3k miles on it and the motor has about 400miles on it. The motor and turbo system is fully capable of taking up to about 20psi. O yeah, did I mention he threw in the stock 929 motor and a extra set of plastics? All for $7800. hell, yeah:banana: nothin like 210 rwhp on a 370lb bike!:evil
Andrew

L8 APEX
05-21-2003, 11:00 AM
I hope you ride bikes a lot better than you drive your L. I looked at the Mr Turbo kits but nobody could get them to engage smoothly. I will say a prayer for you. Make sure and leave me soemthing good in your will:twitch:

microsuck
05-21-2003, 11:11 AM
I may need it:D I do feel more in control of a bike than I do a truck. Its just other people that I have to be extra careful about. Other drivers usually see a truck (esepcially one as cool as mine:D ) but very seldom see a little bike ( especially one going "slightly" above the posted speed limit)
Andrew

MrsMy2002Lightning
05-30-2003, 05:24 PM
Make sure you put a minimum on it. You don't want someone to bid a dollar and get it. I've seen it happen before. So, just make sure there's a reserve that has to be met. It's in the options when you set up your sale.

Just put in the main notes where you put your pictures that the buyer is to come pick it up within 5-10 days or whatever you want. Make sure in the post that you put if the buyer has not completed the purchase within 5-10 days after closing on the bid you'll put the item back out for another bid. Tell them they will owe cash or a money order at the time they pick it up. I wouldn't take checks from people you don't know.

Make sure you put as is so if the buyer has problems later on down the road they dont' come back to you and say you sold them a bike with something wrong with it. If there's absolutely nothing wrong with the bike I wouldn't worry about that part.

Just put the City you live in, don't put your address on the site. Only give out the address when the sale is completed. May even be a better idea to have them meet you somewhere else and pick it up.

There are lots of things to do/don't on there, gimme time, I'll think of the rest of them. :)

hehe !

Good luck on selling your bike. Wish I could get it, that'd rawk!

dboat
05-30-2003, 07:02 PM
Well Lainey,
come and get it.. cheaper than an L and will leave it in the dust.. 0-60 in 2.8 secs and rides smoother too... :nana2

MrsMy2002Lightning
05-30-2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by dboat
Well Lainey,
come and get it.. cheaper than an L and will leave it in the dust.. 0-60 in 2.8 secs and rides smoother too... :nana2

HEHEH!

I've always wanted to say I'm gonna jump on my bad motor scooter and ride, I'll be there shortly.

LOL