PDA

View Full Version : Chrome Wheel Exchange

wesman
05-16-2002, 11:54 PM
Anyone know any local chrome wheel exchange shops ?

--wes

MadMax
05-17-2002, 02:33 AM
Wesman...I had my 2001 wheels exchanged at Discount Tire on MacArthur Blvd. in North Irving. 150.00 each exchange. All of the chrome shops are/in around Los Angeles, California. They were grandfathered during an EPA clean up years ago. I have a friend up in Sachse that can chrome small parts (Chrome Depot) no wheels :(

tliss
05-17-2002, 07:06 AM
MadMax...$150 each for exchange at that Discount Tire, eh? The guys in McKinney told me $200 each. Sponging ba$tards :hammer:! I may just hae to visit your Discount Tire.

MadMax
05-17-2002, 04:37 PM
Whew! :eek: I just finished dismantling my laptop. It appears the input jack had an intermittent open to the circuit board. Upon further examination I determined that this was of a weak design. From repeated insertion of the male plug :eek: the female receptacle (imagine that) rocked back and forth thus creating an open. :eek: Damn...I am glad I used to PC tech at Computize some years ago. (FWISD Contract/Apple/Computize. Anyway...I have resoldered the female thingy to the PC board and all is well! :tu:

oh yeah...back on topic...Discount had them for 150.00/exchange a few months back. Give me a ring, we will take the receipt to the Discount Tire over near Windsor Heights Apt. and we will do a little arm twisting...you have seen nothing yet. I have done over 2 large with those guys. Gimmy an e-mail. jw