PDA

View Full Version : Brake job

98Cobra
05-14-2003, 10:05 AM
Terry, how much would you charge me to do new front rotors(stock replacements - I can't do the bling!) and possibly new pads on my truck?

dboat
05-14-2003, 11:19 AM
but I had Terry put on the EBC's and they are darned well worth it... check out the price difference...

L8 APEX
05-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Do you jsut want front pads or all 4? You want factory Ford pads or AutoZone specials:D Fluid change, fuel filter or anything else..

99WhiteBeast
05-14-2003, 06:02 PM
Garret,
At least go with those NAPA ceramic/carbon whatever ones that have a lifetime warranty

I'll even give my front pair that still have plenty of life left and the warranty to boot.

Of course you can't beat the EBC pads and rotors for the caka- they make a really cool airplane sound when braking:tu:

98Cobra
05-14-2003, 06:04 PM
Well, I will probably have the work done by a local place, as it turns out. I have to get it done tomorrow, because I am going out of town Friday.

For the record though, I wanted to do stock rotors, Ceramix pads, and flush the brake fluid. How much? Oh, and this is just for the fronts - but the rears will need work eventually!

L8 APEX
05-14-2003, 06:32 PM
Give me a call about ten AM tomorrow I will hunt up some prices. If you go to ABC brake shop make sure they know what a Lightning rotor is! Otherwise you will get a skinny rotors. Pricing on the EBC stuff is 319 for rotors and 79 for pads. I will scratch up a more "affordable" package :D
I could do it tomorrow after work but that may not fit your schedule.

blueoval01
05-14-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Give me a call about ten AM tomorrow I will hunt up some prices. If you go to ABC brake shop make sure they know what a Lightning rotor is! Otherwise you will get a skinny rotors. Pricing on the EBC stuff is 319 for rotors and 79 for pads. I will scratch up a more "affordable" package :D
I could do it tomorrow after work but that may not fit your schedule.
Man, you can't beat THAT for service .... :tu:

98Cobra
05-15-2003, 08:30 PM
Well, I'd like to publicly thank Terry for helping me out on short notice. The drive to BFE/Duncanville is a *****, but it was worth it.

:bows

L8 APEX
05-15-2003, 10:11 PM
Thanks for making the trip:tu: Now I agree Cresson/Motorsport Ranch is BFE but D'Ville is a Dallas suburb and not an unreasonable location. I am glad I could get all of the parts in one day. Then get the right caliper after they sent the wrong one:hammer: Enjoy your trip tomorrow and new found stopping power. Let that stuff bed in before going bonkers;) I owe you a beer next time for your over payment:beer: