PDA

View Full Version : close encounters with the po-lice kind

microsuck
05-06-2003, 12:15 PM
Why is it that you will go for a week and not see a single cop, and then on your way to work you run through 3 different speed traps? What is some weird dookie. I think I an going to research this weird trend. Sniffed out a nice laser trap on the way to work today. I was going from richardson to irving on 635 (my usual commute) on my bike at close to (or slightly over) 100mph and in the HOV lane. I saw one of those motorcycle cops about a 1/4 mile down sitting in one of those little turn-arrounds that they built just for the transit police. I assumed he was looking for cars with 1 person in them (bikes are HOV ok, thats the main reason I ride it), but I was speeding so I gradually slowed down as well. As I got closer I noticed he was sighting down something, so I checked me speed, bling bling, right at 60. At about 100ft I noticed the two optical lenses on his gun, eeewwww laser. I gave him the casual wave as I went by ( to acknowledge a fellow biker) he waved back and kept on shooting. Didnt even look at the V1, and the bike has no jammer on it ( yet :twitch: ). Just keep your eyes open. They are your best defense. I have to watch the road on a bike. If you blink someone will have merged into you or decided they want to pull out from a stand still into the HOV lane with cars coming. 5 min after the laser trap I decided to get up on it again and failed to notice the richardson cruiser 200yds ahead in the lane next to me. I noticed him when I went by. I was about to blow by him but I instantly dropped to his speed right next to his door. I kind of gave him the "Oops" look and he looked back at me. I felt pretty stupid. Then I realized I wasnt in richardson and decided it ws time to "vacate the scene":twitch: I dont know how I havent had a ticket yet......
Andrew

cpeapea
05-06-2003, 04:10 PM
i think crotch rockets are less prone to tickets

microsuck
05-06-2003, 04:15 PM
perhaps. I asked a cop a while back if the reason they didnt come after us was because they know they couldnt catch us and he kind of avoided the question but ended up saying " If you break the law, we'll come get you" So I dont really know. I think you are right. But I have been pulled over before.........
Andrew

Mark #2
05-06-2003, 05:12 PM
Richardson motorcycle officer to me after waving me to pull over back when I was riding a bike.
"Are you in a hurry"?
No, just going home from the hardware store.
"Clocked you at 70 in a 30"
Sorry, I didn't think I was going that fast
"Well since you showed good control by stopping before you got to me, I'll let you go, just slow down"

Sounds untrue, but it really happened. Sometimes you get lucky.

Ken
05-07-2003, 09:24 AM
I 'm a habitual speeder that commutes equally between L and bikes. I have to say that I get equal attention on either mode of transportation. This is one area that I think the porkers aren't biased.

Of course I'm typically pulled over for higher speeds on the bikes and they usually thank me for not running...
:twitch:

microsuck
05-07-2003, 10:01 AM
They need to start thanking me!:flaming: I have pulled over twice for their slow-a$$......
Andrew
well, neither time I got a speeding ticket so I guess that is thanks enough.

TXBLU
05-09-2003, 08:08 AM
Andrew, double thumbs up :tu: :tu: for the sage advice on keeping your eyes open on bikes. It really helps to see the cops when your scanning the road constantly for everything that could be a potential problem. I try to maintain that same level of awarness when I'm driving the L, too. No tickets in 13+ years: there has to be a reason. I don't drive like a granny either!

Keep the shiny side up, and I'll wave when I'm on the TL-R!!!

Eric

microsuck
05-09-2003, 10:08 PM
txblu, I think I have seen you. Dont you have a blue/white TL-1000? Might be someone else. But I do see that bike alot. Take care.
andrew

dboat
05-11-2003, 05:52 PM
Austin area Friday night to see the outlaws, er inlaws to install laminate flooring.. well got pulled over in Midlothian doing 81 in a 65.. the officer walks up asks where we are going and why.. asks for the TDL and the ins papers... He looks at the insurance papers, takes the TDL back to the cruiser... comes back to the truck and asks me "What does the SVT stand for?" so I tell him Special Vehicle Team.. He says, I hear these things can get it.. Well you better not drive like this where you are going or they will throw the book at you... hands me my liscense and walks back to the cruiser..

What a great Guy!!!!:beer:

Dana:banana:

microsuck
05-11-2003, 06:11 PM
I just know if I ever get pulled over I am going to have no such luck. I bet I am going to get everything I have coming( if that is even possible..) O well hope for the best.:burnout:
Andrew

andy_cain
05-12-2003, 10:35 AM
Crotch Rockets are NOT less likely to get pulled over....I landed in Richardson jail last time i rode mine....had to sell it two days after I was out to cover attorney costs and fines from 6 (YES, SIX) tickets....that does not include the arrest.....all done on the Crotch Rockett CBR F4.

Mark #2
05-12-2003, 10:43 AM
11th commandment:
"Thou shalt not speed in Richardson"

This is how we keep our taxes down to one of the lowest in the metroplex.

microsuck
05-12-2003, 12:24 PM
just like mine:D except mine is the f4i and its silver and black. Okay, let me guess...
1. speeding
2. no class m license
3. no insurance
4. no turnsignal
5. no inspection
6. ?
That is the usual for bikers.

L8 APEX
05-12-2003, 03:26 PM
600's are for sissies, put your training wheels back on before mommy catches you:eek2: :D

microsuck
05-12-2003, 03:37 PM
first of all.. No, my mommy hasn't caught me yet:evil
second... I have yet to be beat by anything on four wheels:nana2
so bring it :D
Andrew