PDA

View Full Version : It's time ...

blueoval01
05-05-2003, 12:02 PM
....to boot your kids outta the house and let them fend for themselves, when you get a birthday card like this:

"Happy Birthday Dad."
"The good advice you've given me over the years will linger on to last a lifetime."

" .... kinda like that stink you leave in the bathroom."

SA freakin' kids .. :mad:

Logan
05-05-2003, 01:37 PM
hahahhah... Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.... :)

dboat
05-05-2003, 01:42 PM

SA freakin' kids .. :mad: [/B][/QUOTE]

my response would be... "like you leave it smelling like roses? you did get something via the genetic pool of this house and it aint bathtub ring... hehe"

or just tell them they have something to look forward to when they get to be your age...

By the way, Happy Birthday to you.. todays my birthday too:nana2 :beer:

blueoval01
05-05-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by dboat

SA freakin' kids .. :mad:

my response would be... "like you leave it smelling like roses? you did get something via the genetic pool of this house and it aint bathtub ring... hehe"

or just tell them they have something to look forward to when they get to be your age...

By the way, Happy Birthday to you.. todays my birthday too:nana2 :beer: [/B][/QUOTE]

Happy Birthday to you too, Dana.

03LightningRocks
05-06-2003, 10:24 PM
Now that's a great card.:roll

By the by.....I believe you have an older daughter that is about to get married??? I may need some kind of emotional help from you. Some DUDE is getting all "meet my parents" on my 22 year old LITTLE GIRL. At what point should I just go ahead and castrate the little bastard? I know what he's up to and I don't like it...LOL.

Rocks:d

L8 APEX
05-06-2003, 10:47 PM
Rocks, You have been hiding a 22yr old form me?:eek2: I always wanted one of my own:banana: I have no deceptive intentions money speed and the honey:beer: Free mods for father-in-law:twitch:

03LightningRocks
05-06-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Rocks, You have been hiding a 22yr old form me?:eek2: I always wanted one of my own:banana: I have no deceptive intentions money speed and the honey:beer: Free mods for father-in-law:twitch:

The free mod part would sure be tempting, but the part about the HVAC business is more than I can handle.

At least this azz clown isn't involved in the wonderful world of feast or famine paychecks like you and I.

He's one of dem thar college edumacated fellows. I bet he thinks he's smarter den mee, but I no wut hez up two.:vomit:

Rocks:hammer:

Moonshine
05-07-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by 03LightningRocks
I know what he's up to and I don't like it...LOL.

LOL. My father in law used to greet my wife's potential suitors with "Haven't I seen you here before?" If they answered affirmatively, he'd then make them feel welcome by saying "Well, once was enough." I never got that line, so maybe that's why he's my father in law. ;)

blueoval01
05-07-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by 03LightningRocks
Now that's a great card.:roll
By the by.....I believe you have an older daughter that is about to get married??? I may need some kind of emotional help from you. Some DUDE is getting all "meet my parents" on my 22 year old LITTLE GIRL. At what point should I just go ahead and castrate the little bastard? I know what he's up to and I don't like it...LOL.
No marriage for now. She has gotten burned by the last 2 supposedly "boyfriends". Hard lesson to learn, but it has put her in "I don't need this crap" mode. Which is fine with me.

Moonshine, I do somewhat the same thing. If a boy comes over and I have never met him and he doesn't introduce himself pretty quick, my first words are "Who the F**k are you?". So far none have come back. ;)

03LightningRocks
05-07-2003, 05:18 PM
I got to meet him for the second time today. He came by the office to visit with my daughter for a bit.

IF THAT 27 YEAR OLD MAN CALLS ME SIR ONE MORE TIME, I THINK I AM GONNA CRAP ON HIS HEAD!!!!!!

Turns out he likes to race his motor cycle. He wants to come to Ennis Friday night to watch me run my truck and watch the bikes run. Maybe I can talk him into racing his bike...Heh heh heh...Someone needs to oil his tires for me while I distract him by giving him another reason to sir me....J/K:evil

Mark, sorry about my presumption. I hope I didn't step on any toes there. My daughter has always been very independent and has some very lofty goals. Now at 22 all I hear about is how sweet "O,Whats his Name" is. This **** is making me nuts.

Rocks

blueoval01
05-07-2003, 08:14 PM
No worries, Ron. No toes stepped on.
Regardless of the judicial system, boyfriends are considered scum until proven otherwise.
I was 28 and my SO was 27 when we got married. So, I’ve told my daughter that she doesn’t have to convince me that this guy is sweet and fuzzy, SHE has to go out with him. Not me.
And waiting on marriage should not be an issue.
Get your schooling finished, get a job then think about settling down.

As for being called “sir”. If I can’t get any respect from them, then my daughter won’t either.

/Dad steps off his soapbox

cpeapea
05-07-2003, 08:58 PM
Ron/Sir...heh...jk