View Full Version : look what i ran in to on the way to work today

David N
04-30-2003, 12:22 PM
some balls right on dealers lot it was lee jarman ford in carrollton

http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/40/MVC-018S.JPG

http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/40/MVC-017S.JPG

L8 APEX
04-30-2003, 01:00 PM
That sucks!:roll I got a pic soemwhere around here of 5 or 6 in a row on blocks at Bankston last year. Except one of the blocks broke and it was hitting three wheel pause.

Logan
04-30-2003, 01:08 PM
I need one of those. Preferably one with wheels.

Wht95Lightning
04-30-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Logan
I need one of those. Preferably one with wheels.

Ditto, that high beltline two-tone HD is BAD@$$

Shiner1
04-30-2003, 02:39 PM
Ooops!!, Do you think anyone will notice harley wheels on my L? HONEY HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE BRICKS I HAD IN THE GARAGE YESTERDAY???

microsuck
04-30-2003, 03:08 PM
what rims come on those trucks? I see a few lightnings to the left that look like they still got their shoes on. I would have yoinked the L rims instead. Cool trucks though. Too bad. I wonder if they will lower the sticker price?:D I guess they cant say they have HDs "rolling" off the lot anymore!:tongue:
Andrew

MadNess
05-01-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
That sucks!:roll I got a pic soemwhere around here of 5 or 6 in a row on blocks at Bankston last year. Except one of the blocks broke and it was hitting three wheel pause.

Geeeeze, at least in Houston we dont resort to things like that!:d

George G.
05-01-2003, 09:20 AM
I take it they don't come with wheel locks from the factory. With what it'll cost to replace those, I don't see them coming down on the price.

Wht95Lightning
05-01-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by George G.
I take it they don't come with wheel locks from the factory. With what it'll cost to replace those, I don't see them coming down on the price.

I can see it all now.... Fridays sale ad reads:

This Weekend Only, Bring Your own Rubber and Save Thousands off MSRP!! :roll

wesman
05-01-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by MadNess
Geeeeze, at least in Houston we dont resort to things like that!:d

You guys steal the whole truck :throw:

--wes

wesman
05-01-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by microsuck
what rims come on those trucks? I see a few lightnings to the left that look like they still got their shoes on. I would have yoinked the L rims instead. Cool trucks though. Too bad. I wonder if they will lower the sticker price?:D I guess they cant say they have HDs "rolling" off the lot anymore!:tongue:
Andrew

They come stock with Chrome 20's I believe....it's all about the bling bling :d

--wes

microsuck
05-01-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by wesman
They come stock with Chrome 20's I believe....it's all about the bling bling :d

--wes
holy crome plated rims batman!:eek: Those would be major bling-bling out the yin-yang. I can see why they got yoinked.:d
Andrew

David N
05-01-2003, 01:06 PM
Ford's list price on HD wheels are $1400 a wheel... I'm sure you can get them a little less if you you know some one at the parts dept.
when they stole mine that is what i got from state farm ..

blueoval01
05-01-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by David N
Ford's list price on HD wheels are $1400 a wheel...........

OUCH!! :eek2:

wesman
05-01-2003, 01:21 PM
Damn...they must be insane. If I were gonna buy a HD I'd ask em to keep the wheels and knock 5k off the price...you can get HD replica wheels all day long on eBay for $1500 and up

--wes

George G.
05-01-2003, 03:18 PM
...you can get HD replica wheels all day long on eBay for $1500 and up

--wes

You serious?

$1400.00/wheel....& how much are 20" tires?

I'm feeling kinda light headed

Think it'll help if I replace all five lugs with different locks:tongue:

David N
05-01-2003, 03:30 PM
that is a fact $1400 list price the tires from ford are $189 egale GT II plus center caps which are $49 each plus lugs... when i gave State farm the bill they where not happy .. i had svt L wheels on my truck they said they where not going pay for after market wheels and will only pay for stock ones which was OKAY BY ME... the bill was around 7k:roll

dboat
05-01-2003, 03:55 PM
that a bunch of the owners have put on aftermarket wheels and sold the stockers just to pocket some cash...

MadMax
05-04-2003, 11:50 AM
Damn...they must be insane. If I were gonna buy a HD I'd ask em to keep the wheels and knock 5k off the price...you can get HD replica wheels all day long on eBay for $1500 and up

--wes

Replica is just that.....they don't meet Ford or TUV standards!! You get what you pay for....

:roll

wesman
05-04-2003, 11:55 AM
I don't consider anything OEM ford any better than anything else on the market. Half the sh!t ford makes sucks....hell...make that 80%. What makes Fords any better than anyone elses? Just because they charge five times as much doesn't mean they are any better.

--wes

Wht95Lightning
05-04-2003, 01:55 PM
I don't consider anything OEM ford any better than anything else on the market. Half the **** ford makes sucks....hell...make that 80%. What makes Fords any better than anyone elses? Just because they charge five times as much doesn't mean they are any better.

--wes

True, + I doubt Ford actually makes the wheels anyway. Ford most likely has their design made by one of the many wheel makers, and probably whichever one bid the lowest on the contract.