PDA

View Full Version : price for monsterbox

microsuck
04-23-2003, 09:41 PM
anyone know how much gregs trannys go for? I may want one.
Andrew

TxBolt
04-24-2003, 06:52 PM
2100.00-2200.00 I belive not for sure. Check NLOC at Factory Tech. I got mine at a steal.:D

microsuck
04-24-2003, 07:06 PM
Ouch! anyone want to give me one for less? Or do I really need one. My tranny went south and I hope it was just a fluke. I want to get more than 17k mi out of my new one. I popped of a snap ring and it caused me to have a "coast clutch malfunction". whatever.
Andrew

TxBolt
04-24-2003, 08:26 PM
Terry sent me to a place in Ducanville for them to look at my tranny once. I don't know their prices or how good thay are. It would save you about 250.00 in shipping to do it local. Theres also others I don't them. Good Luck!
Tim

cpeapea
04-24-2003, 11:23 PM
i would send you to Dave's Racing automatics, but they recently closed down due to the death of the owner. but ill see if i can find a respectable place for you.

L8 APEX
04-26-2003, 02:29 AM
You got twice the milage I did. If you have an 01 odds are you have the infamous J1 or 1J code transmission. It has a mechanical diode instead of intermediate sprag and there is a TSB on it. You have to replace the direct drum and few other parts to convert it back to the old style. JD and TXBolt have broken Monster Boxes in relatively short time periods. I think Tim's ran for two months. I carry ArtCarr trannies which are very tough and also offer in house rebuilds.:tu:

microsuck
04-26-2003, 09:55 AM
artcarr price?... what does TSB stand for and does that mean my old one sucked and my new one will last longer?
Andrew

Silver_2000
04-26-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
You got twice the milage I did. If you have an 01 odds are you have the infamous J1 or 1J code transmission. It has a mechanical diode instead of intermediate sprag and there is a TSB on it. You have to replace the direct drum and few other parts to convert it back to the old style. JD and TXBolt have broken Monster Boxes in relatively short time periods. I think Tim's ran for two months. I carry ArtCarr trannies which are very tough and also offer in house rebuilds.:tu:

The recent spike of short mileage issues with Monster boxes has me concerned as well.

How many are running ART Carr Trannys ? What is the feedback on them ?

What is stock stall speed ?
How much is Art Carr Torque Converter ?

L8 APEX
04-26-2003, 11:59 AM
Stock stall is around 1800 the most common aftermarket stall speed is 2400. Rob and Ron are running 2400 Art Carr's.
Their rebuilds are expensive but you get what you pay for. If a part is not perfect or available they machine it themselves. They make parts in house nobody else can buy. Their billet proof trannnies run 2450 plus core plus shipping. They build a lot of trannies for diesel racing trucks. One is a Cummins 4x4 that makes over 1000hp and does pull off competition. He has run the same Art Carr converter and tranny for over a year:eek2:
TSB is Technical Service Bulletin. Most all tranny shops have it so if they see one they know what to do to fix it properly. Funny thing is the TSB lists cause of failure as excessive power on 1/2 shift:D Part of the reason why the stock computer program drops 3 injectors on the 1-2 shift is to save the tranny.