PDA

View Full Version : Exterminating PD's

L8 APEX
04-22-2003, 04:57 PM
Another war is raging this time it is in Texas. Brian and I have volunteered to fight the good fight:tu: I will be back Saturday if all goes well. Here is a photo from the field of the enemy:eek2:
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/43/Panhandle_Patriots.jpg

Moonshine
04-22-2003, 05:20 PM
And here's a pic of your favorite L. tuner in the midst of battle during the winter campaign. :tu:

http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/21/T_shooting_2.jpg

StormShadow
04-22-2003, 05:37 PM
I wanna go!!!! That looks like fun.

cpeapea
04-22-2003, 10:58 PM
i love guns!

Red2002
04-22-2003, 11:23 PM
I'll be rooting for the furry rascals. :D

Favorite L tuner? Is that what JDM looks like?! Bwhahahahaha.

Jk jerky.

Natetrun
04-25-2003, 03:36 AM
how many yards you shooting those damn rodents of hell at? any bag limit? heard that kind of varmet shooting gets addictive. invite any guests?.i have a few of bang sticks i would like to dust off.

btw, nice piece of machinery in the pic. fluted barrel looks tasty. what kind of scope is that?

Moonshine
04-26-2003, 11:41 PM
Laurence, I'm afraid the "furry little rascals" didn't fare too well. Here's a pic of Terry getting ready to snack on the remains on a furry rascal.

http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/21/T_with_meat21.jpg

Others, yes we welcome guests. However, you should be forewarned that varmint shooting is fairly technical (read expensive). It requires some precision equipment, some skill with a rifle, and a pretty fair amount of preparation. Figure $2,000+ to get an appropriate rifle set up, another $1,000 in one time expenses for other gear you'll need, and then about $600 for a 3 day trip. But it is a blast. We shoot at anywhere from as little as 100 yards to over 1,100 yards, with the majority of shots in the 400-800 yard range.

Nathan, no there's no season or bag limit on prairie dogs. The US Forest Service is very happy to have hunters come and control the population. The scope on Terry's rifle is a Leupold Vari-X III 4.5-14x40 adjustable objective Tactical with the mil-dot reticle and M1 turrets, 2.5" 40mm sunshade, and Butler Creek caps. It's mounted in Leupold Mk IV rings on a G.G.&G. GS-1 F.I.R.E. riser rail.

L8 APEX
04-27-2003, 12:07 AM
I would have to consider the campaign very successful. We killed many PD's with little to no discresion. There were mother dogs, male dogs, and LOTS of baby dogs. See babies are not too bright and they stay up for a while after the rounds come in:hammer: The first day we had a steady 40-50mph wind with gusts of 65mph due to the front blowing through. For those who know how wind affects ballistics and long range shooting you can appreciate the callenge there in. I had a 650 yd confrimed kill at full value cross wind that day:banana: There was a chipmunk or ground squirrel casualty by Moonshine. I did win the most BDFU'd dog with the one in the pic. He ate a .223 the hard way and shot up in the air about 4 feet and left a 6 foot circle of meat and parts:bows I also got a nice Kentucky head shot on the 650 yard dog. That is where you shoot them in the rear and it blows off their head:beer: On the last day I broke out the 308 tactical sniper rifle. Reflecting back I think it may have been over kill to use a 308 on a palm sized rodent:D It was a great trip and I feel much more relaxed now:twitch:

Natetrun
04-27-2003, 01:16 AM
way to go on the trip. glad you guys had fun. thats one hell of a rifle right there. i have all the equipment. My personal rifle that i mainly use is good to 750 yards. i never shot over that. I'm telling what it is because you all would probably laugh and not believe me ;) . But i have some more precision rifles. not near those of yours though hehe.

Red2002
04-28-2003, 06:34 PM
John Lee Malvo has nothin' on y'all.

:D

Moonshine
04-29-2003, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Red2002
John Lee Malvo has nothin' on y'all.

:D

No, he certainly doesn't. During the DC shootings the media continued to impress me with their ignorance and inablility to do any basic research. The longest shot taken during the DC shootings was 140 yards, and the media kept harping on the "precision, skill, and expert training" necessary to make such a shot. Hell, my 9 year old nieces could make a 140 yard head shot with about 15 minutes of instruction. They also talked about how highly accurate the .223 cartridge is, even as far out as 50 yards! Wow, a whole 50 yards!!!!!!! And one reporter even claimed the mu**** velocity on a .223 was 5000 MPH, or a mere 7,333 feet per second. Gee, they only missed it by about 4,300 feet per second, or 2,950 MPH.

Short version, Malvo and Muhammad are just a couple of third rate sh*tbags who managed to steal a long gun. To refer to them as "snipers" denigrates anyone who ever earned that title.

Moonshine
04-29-2003, 09:01 AM
Interesting. The language filter tripped on mu****. What's wrong with the proper term for the portion of a barrel where the projectile exits? Or the length of a dog's snout?

Silver_2000
04-29-2003, 09:09 AM
I filtered zz le to keep the kids from using sh iz zle ni zz le etc ... LOL

Moonshine
04-29-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
I filtered zz le to keep the kids from using sh iz zle ni zz le etc ... LOL

Ah, whippersnappers jackin' up the works again. That's understandable. :D

Silver_2000
04-29-2003, 10:05 AM
Glad you understand.. I tweaked the filter - Still should keep the kid speak to a minimum BUT will allow Dog lovers and Hunters refer tothier Muzzle

Logan
04-29-2003, 11:16 AM
You be dizzlin' on ma twizzlin'

redlight02
04-29-2003, 12:37 PM
looks like yall had. I havent touched a gun since 91. wouldnt mind seeing if the skills are still there though