PDA

View Full Version : New to the board

02TrueBlue
05-15-2002, 11:18 AM
Hello Everyone! Someone left a TALON flyer on my L about a month and a half ago, I just now had a chance to check it out. Looks like a pretty cool place. I have a 2002 True Blue, I got her Feb 13, 2002. I have to say this is the first vehicle I've ever owned that I've had no regrets about the purchase. This truck is absolutely amazing. I had a silver 01 L on order in Feb of last year, but the dealership got a silver 01 cobra in before my L arrived. And, stupid me, having never driven a Lightning before thought I would be disappointed so I dropped the L and went with the cobra. On Feb 13th of this year I brought my cobra in for scheduled maintenance and ended up trading in my cobra for a Lightning, after the most gratifying test drive ever.

I'm glad to be part of the family now, hope you guys can help/recommend some performance mods I can to do her. So far I have a K&N in the stock box and the JDM silver bullet catback on order. I've been thinking about getting rid of the flat filter and air box and going with some kind of conical one, but didn't know if this offered any gain or possibly loss in performance.

Hope to meet everyone soon.

Brandon

L8 APEX
05-15-2002, 11:51 AM
Glad to see those cards paying off;) I know I have left a few with slim results. Congrats on ditching the car! Just imagine being on the Stang board you would have been member 45XXX thouand and never be able to keep up with posts or names. So welcome to TALON and hope you drive in for the next meeting!

tliss
05-15-2002, 12:30 PM
Brandon,
Do you work at MCI in Richardson? If so, that was me. I work at Nortel across the street and drive a Black '01. I dummied up some fliers to put on Lightnings that I see. Glad to see these things are bringing more people in. Welcome to the board and I hope to see you at some of the events. There is a wealth of knowledge here.

02TrueBlue
05-15-2002, 01:06 PM
Tom,

yep thats me. thanks for the flyer.

blueoval01
05-15-2002, 01:12 PM
Welcome Brandon .........:tu:

tliss
05-15-2002, 01:15 PM
We'll have to get together for lunch sometime. E-mail me at tliss@nortelnetworks.com.

Tom

L8 APEX
05-15-2002, 01:51 PM
Tom I tagged a red L over at Bally's never heard from them. Another Silver one at Waffle House one day, then again anyone eating at the Waffle House may not have computer access:D

tliss
05-15-2002, 03:22 PM
I tag them when I see them. In fact, yesterday a guy in a white '01 followed me into a gas station, so I gave him the flier I set up. He wanted to learn more about what goodies to put on, so I led him in. Who knows...you might have more business coming.:D

Tom

Moonshine
05-15-2002, 03:25 PM
Welcome aboard Brandon. Any of the cone type filters will give you a modest (maybe 6 RWHP) increase. Besides, they look cool. :D

L8 APEX
05-15-2002, 03:30 PM
Don't forget they sound awesome too! :D

02TrueBlue
05-15-2002, 09:39 PM
hey, thanks for the warm welcome guys. do we ever have dyno days or something like that?

L8 APEX
05-15-2002, 10:06 PM
I feel one coming up but the summer is never great for the dyno. We have been using Speedworks in Lewisville for their dyno. They are getting less and less impressed by our high po trucks..:D

tliss
05-16-2002, 07:08 AM
It's much easier to impress the people that stick around to see what these trucks pull on the dyno. Last time I was at the dyno (after the goodies) there was a guy there that dyno'd his 300ZX at 280 sumpthin' on the dyno. He stuck around to see what the Lightning would do, and my first pull was 391.4 RWHP. He almost started to :crying: . Another victim of the Lightning, and I didn't even have to run him. I know he'll never screw with a Lightning on the highways.

Tom