PDA

View Full Version : Got out of a ticket!

HighVoltage
04-20-2003, 03:18 AM
The other night, I went to the store and on the way home I got stopped for speeding. I was clocked at 69 in a 45, the officer asked if there was an emergency. I said, "no sir, I just got this new truck and felt like getting on it." He kind of laughed and just gave me a warning. I though that was pretty cool!

microsuck
04-20-2003, 11:28 AM
I hope the day I get nailed (haha, as if that were possible) I get nailed by him.
andrew

wesman
04-20-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by microsuck
I hope the day I get nailed (haha, as if that were possible) I get nailed by him.
andrew

Hehehe....um ok :roll

microsuck
04-20-2003, 11:58 AM
I've still got a clean slate. Zero speeding tickets, ever. However, I have probably spent way more money on anti-police equipment than I would have ever spent on tickets. Well, maybe not.........

wesman
04-20-2003, 12:10 PM
I bought one of the laser jammers that you have. I still need to hook it up though. I want to get one for the 350Z too, but I don't know if it will work as there isn't really a good mounting location for the LED's

--wes

microsuck
04-20-2003, 12:24 PM
Well, any spot is better than none. We can make it work. I know that Z has a grill on it. Thats where to put em. Check this. I noticed a few weeks ago that my left unit was completely dead and the right one only had 1/2 of the LEDs on. I sent them to back to blinder and they are sending me a new m10 for free. I had an older m-06 off ebay. Cool people.:banana:
Andrew

microsuck
04-20-2003, 12:29 PM
o yeah. I blacked out the front of my truck. headlight covers, foglight covers, no front plate, solid black truck and the most advanced laser system out there make me for one bad (and quite invisible) dude. I am working on getting a laser cop to help me do some test and tune. I want to see just how close I can get to a lidar gun before it gets a reading. Hopefully less than 100 feet. I may go with dual blinders (4 units) for even less laser gun range. The closer you get, the larger you look and the less the 2 units can cover up.
Andrew

wesman
04-20-2003, 12:34 PM
Hehehe...awesome. I would be interested in the test with the laser gun. It would be sweet to see exactly how much time/distance you have before you're busted.

--wes

microsuck
04-20-2003, 01:02 PM
It will depend on the exact situation you are in when a targeting is attempted, ie twist of the road, degree of officer from road, elevation differences (overpasses), ambient light present (laser wont work after dark), etc.. do you want me to call/email you when I do the testing? you can join in if you want.
Andrew

wesman
04-20-2003, 01:14 PM
Yeah ,I would definitely want to check it out. It would be good for basic knowlege if nothing else.

Also, I just checked out the front of the Z. It has a grill but it's lower that the lights, probably about 5-6 inches below the lights. It may still work though.

My cell # is xxx-xxx-xxxx, give me call when you're thinking about doing it. I may try to mount mine up on the L sometime next week.

--wes
--wes

Natetrun
04-20-2003, 04:00 PM
o yeah. I blacked out the front of my truck. headlight covers, foglight covers, no front plate, solid black truck and the most advanced laser system out there make me for one bad (and quite invisible) dude.

:roll

microsuck
04-20-2003, 04:23 PM
nate, wasnt it you who was telling me that you had a friend on the force who wouldn't mind helping me with testing some stuff? I thought you said that when we went to hooters after the dyno. Remember?
Andrew

L8 APEX
04-20-2003, 11:15 PM
Laser works fine at night, only obstacles are rain, fog, and glass. I tested my M10 w/ a Irving buddy they use the ProLaser3 one of the best. I got a JTG (jam to gun) every time. The only way he could get me was to snipe a mirror w/in 100 feet. Their beam is 18" at 1000 feet, 9" at 500 feet.

microsuck
04-20-2003, 11:30 PM
a laser operators manual told me that a laser gun should not be operated at night because the the headlights will cause overexposure and throw an "excessive light" code. just my $.02
o yeah, they are allowed to shoot through glass now. terry, where are your sensors?

L8 APEX
04-21-2003, 12:14 AM
I know they use it all night long. Yes they can shoot through glass but it cuts the range WAY down. There is a ton more light in the daytime. Those guns look for 904nm anyway which is in the IR spectrum. What sensors, I don't speed:eek: I would put them in the grill unless you have pro billet them you have to locate them in the bumper.
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/43/140daytime_2.JPG
Nightime run with Kustom Falcon K-band gun. Speedo is 3-5mph fast.
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/43/137radar.jpg
Anybody know why my motor blew:confused: This was with my spoiler on and into a head wind uphill. Top speed with wing is around 145, w/o spoiler it can run 158. At least until BDFU:bows

cpeapea
04-21-2003, 12:25 AM
ses light is on:D

L8 APEX
04-21-2003, 12:29 AM
Here is a front view can you find the laser jammer officer:tu:
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/43/billet_grill.jpg

L8 APEX
04-21-2003, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by cpeapea
ses light is on:D
Computers are stupid.

L8 APEX
04-21-2003, 12:38 AM
The longest top speed run was from Denton drag track to Arlington in 30 minutes or less averaging 130+. I was running with my C5 buddy and it was about 3am we were the only ones on the road. It was a blast, not that I would reccomend trying that:nono: Some of the most exilerating driving was burning 130+ down the tollway early AM. Nothing is a nut checker like going through the old style single lane concrete toll booths through Highland Park area WOT @ 3am. What a rush! I am glad I have matured and changed my Evil ways. 55 arrive alive is it for me:beer:

microsuck
04-21-2003, 12:40 AM
excellent work, as usual. Okay, now you have to tell me where they are. I mean, if there were some in there, where would they be.
:D
I trust you know your stuff about laser being capable of getting a reading at night, however I guess I will have to see it to believe it. out of the probably 35 laser speed traps I have observed, every one of them was in the daytime. I cant help but think that having a headlight beam pointed into the gun diode would taint the reading. I know if the sun reflects of of your car when you get targeted, then the gun will read "excessive light" and wouldent you agree that a headlight is about as bright at night as a solar reflection is during the day?:confused:

L8 APEX
04-21-2003, 12:49 AM
Come ride with me I will show you 24/7 spots for LIDAR. All up and down I-20, I-45 through Hutchins all DPS. Arlington and GP do a lot of it also on I-20 & 360. The sun is 100 times brighter than any headlight. The gun only detects IR light it is blind to any visible spectrum of light. Even Duncanville runs lidar on I-67 & I-20 a few times a week at night. I hear them on the radio nailing drivers over 1000 feet away in traffic, even motorcycles.

microsuck
04-21-2003, 01:41 AM
cool, I guess I have been lucky so far. I may need to change a few habits though! I guess I need to rig a pair of blinders on my bike too.

True Blue Aggie
04-21-2003, 08:26 AM
Those pictures are the craziest thing I have seen in a long while. The boost gauge made me laugh out loud!

cpeapea
04-21-2003, 09:38 AM
i found the jammers. in between the bumper cover and the grill...what do i win? a cookie?

L8 APEX
04-21-2003, 09:49 AM
You win a night a Hooters while I smack your bish up, or she can smack me up even better. Just as long as there is some bish's and some smackin':D :roll

L8 APEX
04-21-2003, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by True Blue Aggie
The boost gauge made me laugh out loud!
I think the boost gauge is out of calibration:twitch:

Eric the Red
04-21-2003, 09:58 PM
You're almost out of gas, too. :burnout:

wesman
04-21-2003, 10:19 PM
Ironically, I got nailed with Laser in Arlington today. At least that's what the fat bastard said anyway. I was heading south in the left lane on Collins and I came around the corner where the fire department is, there were two bikes sitting back against the building. I see them and stab the brakes a little...I look down and I'm going ~50. The V1 goes off, mind you this is after I slowed and there was a vehicle between myself and the cop. Then I see him pulling out and coming after me. I know this is complete BS, he knew I was speeding because he saw me hit the brakes, but he didn't shoot until after I had already slowed.

He pulls me over and gives me the sh!t eating "Going a little fast" ...I retorted with "How fast?" He says 57 in a 45, which I knew was complete BS as I wasn't going 57 before hitting the brakes. I asked him how he clocked me and he said with radar, I told him I was fairly certain he didn't hit me with radar and in fact I didn't think he hit me at all. He saw the V1 and asked me about it, I told him I picked up the laser and he said, "Yeah, I got you on laser" I then told him that "You and I both know you didn't clock me " He again went with the he got me with laser story, even though earlier he said he got me on radar until I called him out.

I then asked him how he got me in the far lane with a car in-between him and I with such a small window with the laser? He of course said he did and definitely got me. I told him I knew for a fact that I wasn't going 57, he replies with "Then why did you hit your brakes?" So he basically admitted that I slowed before he got me.

I am so sick of cops and their BS. They don't have to provide any sort of proof, they just do whatever they d@mn well please. We are pretty much guilty until proven innocent.

I'm definitely going to court....what should I do to help in my defense ?

--wes

microsuck
04-21-2003, 10:43 PM
be sure point out that the cop is a complete f*@k!ng dumb a$$:bs

microsuck
04-21-2003, 10:44 PM
ps, you should have mounted them yesterday:D

wesman
04-21-2003, 11:32 PM
ps, you should have mounted them yesterday:D

lol..they wouldn't have helped...he got me at a 3/4 view / rear view.

Maybe I need some above the rear bumper too :hammer:

--wes

microsuck
04-21-2003, 11:40 PM
were you coming at him or going away from him? If you were in between the cosine error (http://copradar.com/preview/chapt4/ch4d1.html)
will dramatically throw the reading as being slower and will cause your ticket to be void.
good luck
Andrew

saywhen
04-24-2003, 07:40 AM
I'm a police officer and a fellow Lightning owner. I have radar and lidar units at my disposal. I just want to say, not all of us are like the cop you described; but unfortunately there are a lot like him. It sounds to me that he was in the wrong, however it will be very hard to prove this in court. The judge will ALWAYS take his word over yours unless you have indisputable proof/evidence. If the angle was off it can be thrown out, but you have to prove it.

As far as the whole lidar at night thing? We run it all the time and it works perfectly. I've never receiced any errors on my unit. It is hard to pick up black vehicles, especially with no front plate (which is illegal in TX). I always aim for the front plate and I get a reading every time.

If anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer them or find the answers to them. If anyone wants to try out their new jammers, if you can make it up to Wichita Falls, look me up and I'll test it for you.

Dan

Silver_2000
04-24-2003, 08:06 AM
I got lucky the other day against a Carrollton Officer with Laser. - I was on the phone or I would have been hauling ass.. It was one of my favorite spots.. Anyway he is sitting in really tall weeds shooting laser. The V1 goes off long before he can see me and continues going off while I am right next to him and he is shooting the cars 1/8th mile behind me.

The BS that it only spreads 8 feet at a mile or what ever is complete crap. He gave me a nasty look as I cruised by :burnout:

98Cobra
04-24-2003, 08:10 AM
Man I gotta get one of those.

wesman
04-24-2003, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by saywhen
I'm a police officer and a fellow Lightning owner. I have radar and lidar units at my disposal. I just want to say, not all of us are like the cop you described; but unfortunately there are a lot like him. It sounds to me that he was in the wrong, however it will be very hard to prove this in court. The judge will ALWAYS take his word over yours unless you have indisputable proof/evidence. If the angle was off it can be thrown out, but you have to prove it.

As far as the whole lidar at night thing? We run it all the time and it works perfectly. I've never receiced any errors on my unit. It is hard to pick up black vehicles, especially with no front plate (which is illegal in TX). I always aim for the front plate and I get a reading every time.

If anyone has any questions I'll be happy to answer them or find the answers to them. If anyone wants to try out their new jammers, if you can make it up to Wichita Falls, look me up and I'll test it for you.

Dan

Cool....I may take you up on that someday. I know not all cops are like him, unfortunately peopel only hear and talk about the bad things. I actually have two Dallas cops that live on my street, one directly across the street. They are both very very cool, the guy across the street comes over and shoots the **** about the Lightning and my Z cars pretty often.

I agree that the judge will take the policemans side, it's only natural. What sucks is they can just make crap up and it flies like it's the gospel. I actually told the cop I thought it was pretty damn rediculous the amount of lies and deciet they get away with. He of course defended himself and went on about how he hadn't lied to me at all, well except twice now IMO...what a sh!thead.

Thanks for the info...we'll see how it all turns out. I'll let you all know...most likely I'll get screwed, that jsut seems totbe the way the ball bounces :flaming:

--wes

Natetrun
04-25-2003, 02:01 AM
nate, wasnt it you who was telling me that you had a friend on the force who wouldn't mind helping me with testing some stuff? I thought you said that when we went to hooters after the dyno. Remember?
Andrew

sorry, missed that post. you have a pm.

03LightningRocks
04-25-2003, 05:13 AM
Back in Feb. I got nailed by a Louisiana State Trooper, on my way to Florida.
I was traveling at 120 MPH when my radar detector/jammer went off. Naturally I freaked and hit the brakes. I watched my mirror for the next 5-10 minutes and when I didn't see lights comming after me I sped back up and kicked back feeling all proud of myself. A few minutes later I look in the mirror and see flashing lights cresting a hill about a half mile behind me and comming up fast. I slow down to 75 and jump in the grandma lane. He follows. So I pull over and he asks me if I had an emergency...I say no. He tells me that it took him almst 20 minutes to catch up with me. I am scared to chit about now thinking that he is going to arrest me for doing 120 in a 70. After stepping to the rear of the car I start to try my best story on him...he interupts and tells me he clocked me going 84. I was so darned relieved he didn't get me at 120, without even thinking I proclaim..."Yeah, that sounds about right". He then asks if I have a radar detector and again I stupidly try to half lie...I said, but it wasn't plug in when you clocked me. So I get my new award and go down the road when I realized he had not got me or it would have been for the 120 I was doing when my radar sounded off.
Oh well, I paid the damned 178 dollar ticket last week figuring it could have been worse, I could have been sitting in some swamp jail in the middle of Louisiana.

Rocks:crying:

Natetrun
04-25-2003, 05:19 AM

" Meet gator, gator Ron. This is your new cell mate"

03LightningRocks
04-25-2003, 05:28 AM
Yeah, that ain't no chit...and no thanks.

Rocks

dboat
04-25-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Natetrun

" Meet gator, gator Ron. This is your new cell mate"

Oh yeah, and banjos playing in the background...

Next thing he asks you...does you wanta be the husband or does you wanta be the wife... :evil

microsuck
04-25-2003, 09:01 AM
20 min to catch up to you...... Cops are retarded. I think the one that came after you was a puss-y. I bet if he had got up on it he could have been there in 5min, especially if you slowed down. If my v1 told me that he was behind me and I say nothing, I would have punched it and got the hell out of there. I wouldent stop unless he gets right behind you with his lights on. If you dissapear, he cant write you a ticket. That is so not fair. A crown vic cop caught up to me at 140+. (on the bike) Dont ask me how. I didnt know he was following me though. Damn I need mirrors. But I am sure It didnt take no 20 min. I didnt slow down either. I was "crusing".
andrew:evil

Silver_2000
04-25-2003, 09:42 AM
I would have punched it and got the hell out of there. I wouldent stop unless he gets right behind you with his lights on. If you dissapear, he cant write you a ticket. andrew:evil

You cant out run a radio

microsuck
04-25-2003, 09:48 AM
you dont have to. the radio dosent write tickets.:D

Red2002
04-25-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
You cant out run a radio

The crotch rocket rider escaped all police, including the helicopter, last week in Denton and Dallas counties. They followed him up and down I-35 and couldn't catch him. Hell the guy was riding wheelies with the cops chasing him. :tu:

I had a 99 Suzuki GSXR750, and if you get off the highway, radio or not, they ain't catchin' ya. :) You absolutely KILL them on acceleration from a stop.

Now the LS1 Camaro cruiser in Grapevine would give bikes fits. But a Camaro can't lane split. :d

Note: I do not advocate running. :nono:

wesman
04-25-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Red2002
The crotch rocket rider escaped all police, including the helicopter, last week in Denton and Dallas counties. They followed him up and down I-35 and couldn't catch him. Hell the guy was riding wheelies with the cops chasing him. :tu:

I had a 99 Suzuki GSXR750, and if you get off the highway, radio or not, they ain't catchin' ya. :) You absolutely KILL them on acceleration from a stop.

Now the LS1 Camaro cruiser in Grapevine would give bikes fits. But a Camaro can't lane split. :d

Note: I do not advocate running. :nono:

Just FYI....Dallas now has at least 3 camaro cruisers. DamonH and I saw them all operating on Stemmons Fwy/35N at lunch time yesterday. It's the end of the month, time to get those quotas....oh wait...there's no such thing as quotas :bs

--wes

dboat
04-25-2003, 12:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Red2002
[B]I had a 99 Suzuki GSXR750, and if you get off the highway, radio or not, they ain't catchin' ya. :)

And you wouldnt catch me on my ZX-11 either... puny ass 750 boy..:evil

Red2002
04-25-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by dboat
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Red2002
[B]I had a 99 Suzuki GSXR750, and if you get off the highway, radio or not, they ain't catchin' ya. :)

And you wouldnt catch me on my ZX-11 either... puny ass 750 boy..:evil

Stick to your cruisers, Zx-11 'couch on wheels' boy. Bikes are like computers, buy one this year and the next they are outdated. So that makes your 92 a fossil. :)

The new Suzuki GSXR 1000 is the king of all sportbikes. Don't front, yo. Werd. :twitch:

dboat
04-25-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Red2002
Stick to your cruisers, Zx-11 'couch on wheels' boy. Bikes are like computers, buy one this year and the next they are outdated. So that makes your 92 a fossil. :)

The new Suzuki GSXR 1000 is the king of all sportbikes. Don't front, yo. Werd. :twitch:

except the ZX-11.. the engine is just fantastic... you should have driven one and then you would see... ricer boy pants.. :d

microsuck
04-25-2003, 05:49 PM
I never had any speed issues with camaro cops:D There not nearly as fast as people think. I completely devasted one on only my 600cc f4i. They pull decent up to about 100 and then they drop off the power curve a little too much to contend with most bikes. I just bought a 929 so that should be even more fun:nana2

microsuck
04-25-2003, 05:50 PM
I may need to pick up one of those 1300cc busa's too:evil
Andrew
....and a turbo to go with it:D

Natetrun
04-25-2003, 11:48 PM
20 min to catch up to you...... Cops are retarded. I think the one that came after you was a puss-y. I bet if he had got up on it he could have been there in 5min, especially if you slowed down. If my v1 told me that he was behind me and I say nothing, I would have punched it and got the hell out of there. I wouldent stop unless he gets right behind you with his lights on. If you dissapear, he cant write you a ticket. That is so not fair. A crown vic cop caught up to me at 140+. (on the bike) Dont ask me how. I didnt know he was following me though. Damn I need mirrors. But I am sure It didnt take no 20 min. I didnt slow down either. I was "crusing".
andrew:evil

their crown vics are modified. 140 is not unusual for those cars for what i understand.

my2002lightning
04-28-2003, 07:35 PM
Andrew,

Sorting through the posts, if/when you hookup one of these laser tests soon, I'd like to test my radar/laser rig to see how good it works after work.

We'll talk more Thu. if/when you make it.

Ronald.

microsuck
04-28-2003, 08:04 PM
I will try to make it, but I have a Govt final exam than night and it dosent look hopeful.
later
Andrew

microsuck
04-28-2003, 08:06 PM
their crown vics are modified. 140 is not unusual for those cars for what i understand.
I looked up the limited top speed for the police issue crown vic's and camaros. the police crown vics are limited to 139 and the police camaros are limited to 159. Damn! an extra 5mph and that po-po would have never got me!
Andrew

Natetrun
04-30-2003, 04:02 PM
I looked up the limited top speed for the police issue crown vic's and camaros. the police crown vics are limited to 139 and the police camaros are limited to 159. Damn! an extra 5mph and that po-po would have never got me!
Andrew

I'm going to try to get ahold of a trooper this week. How is your schedule?

03LightningRocks
04-30-2003, 04:26 PM
You young bucks just crack me up.:roll Do you guys really believe you can get away from a cop if he really wants to get you?

Somebody has been watching "Gone in 60 seconds".

Careful guys, running from a cop could get you shot by a cop. Those guys have no way of knowing if your an escaped convict or if your just some silly college kid, out for a romp.

It really doesn't pay, to get some guy with a gun and a right to use it, all work up with an adrenaline rush.

Rocks:beer:

microsuck
04-30-2003, 04:58 PM
I'm going to try to get ahold of a trooper this week. How is your schedule?
I will show up at any time you give me. I would rather wait till next week though. I have my jammers off and my light covers are still in the mail.

microsuck
04-30-2003, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by 03LightningRocks

Careful guys, running from a cop could get you shot by a cop. Those guys have no way of knowing if your an escaped convict or if your just some silly college kid, out for a romp.

It really doesn't pay, to get some guy with a gun and a right to use it, all work up with an adrenaline rush.

Rocks:beer:
bullets work work in either direction my friend:twitch:

03LightningRocks
04-30-2003, 09:20 PM

Now your gonna have a shoot out with a cop????:roll

Come on Andy...you know better than that.

Rocks:bs

microsuck
05-01-2003, 09:19 AM
not unless he shoots first. :D
well, since you mentioned it, I do single-handedly have every police dept outgunned:evil come to think of it too, I also probably have more weapons training, experience and knowledge of weapon nomenclature. I guess that is what results from having a hard-core Marine Vietnam vet who is into combat shooting competions for a father. I think I was the youngest person to attend Thunder Ranch in its history.
I ALWAYS make every effort to avoid a conflict with someone at all costs.:nono: If you are armed you are not allowed to do anything that might aggrevate the situation. They will teach you that if you take a concealed carry class. If you are involved in even shouting match then if you are forced to draw to defend yourself later on, it isnt in self defence anymore, because you contributed to the conflict. I ALWAYS choose to speak softly and carry a huge-a$$ stick.:twitch:
Andrew:D

wesman
05-01-2003, 10:37 AM
I thought it was shoot first ask questions later :D

--wes

microsuck
05-01-2003, 10:58 AM
that sounds like something my dad would say:roll
very true, thats only if you have a place to store the bodies:D
andrew

wesman
05-01-2003, 11:07 AM
The military teaches you those things :evil

--wes

Natetrun
05-02-2003, 12:17 AM

man, your crazy!!! i hope that was a joke. I don't have alot of room to speak...but, damn, shoot at a police officer?

microsuck
05-02-2003, 09:38 AM
you guys are silly..... I'm no cop-killa. although i dont have any affection for my local police, I am not a murderer.:nono:
andrew

Natetrun
05-03-2003, 02:10 AM
i didn't think so :) . All the cops that i have met have been extremely nice. They don't act like cops, instead they act like people. There are those few that are *******s, and 9 chances out of 10 they don't like them either. Theres actually some that will give eachother tickets even though they are a cop. Anyways, I talked to one of the troopers we work with and he said for me to tell you laser jammers do not work. He has tested a few before. So, Theres one of my good buddies coming in tommorow and I'll ask him. Might have to get a guy in Plano PD to help. not sure. I just met him last night but he was a nice guy.

nathan

microsuck
05-03-2003, 10:02 AM
he is probably talking about the rocky mountain crap. those do not work. i have the same ones terry does. he has tested them to work. lets wager a dinner on it. tell him if he gets me from further than 100 ft dinner is on me.
andrew

wesman
05-03-2003, 10:46 AM
Woohoo...Andrew puting hsi money where his mouth is. Let me know when this goes down...I wanna get mine installed and test too :)
Right after I get a transmission that works :tu:

--wes

microsuck
05-03-2003, 10:56 AM
what time frame are you looking at wes? I was going to do mine sunday. I figured out how terry hid his so well. He probably had to remove his grill. I am going to do mine like that on sunday and you are welcome to join me if you want.
Andrew