PDA

View Full Version : New Kenne Bell Supercharger

VETEATR
04-16-2003, 11:08 PM
I have recently put a new Kenne Bell Twin Screw Supercharger on my 2000 lighting. They say that they created tons of hp from a stock engine. In fine print they say with single blade TB and a 90mm intake. Any ways I had it on my truck for 30 miles a sent a con rod through my block. The boost was cranked up to 22 psi. I know that the only weak part of these engines is the con rods, so when I did this I was a little worried. Kenne Bell told me that I was not running enough octane. But I don't think that is the case. I was wondering if anybody had purchased this new supercharger and had any problems. Also I think that the rods just couldn't handle that much boost, or there was not enough fuel.

Any input?

L8 APEX
04-16-2003, 11:33 PM
I have not worked with a KB yet. Yes the rods are the weak point, head bolts, rod bolts among others. 22 psi is insane for any blower on a stock bottom end. You would have to run a high octane fuel or take all of the timing out of the tune. The KB makes so much more power, torque, energy at lower boost levels it can damage a motor at lower boost than stock blowers cranked up. Now it is time to buy a built long block and go to town. Just another $9-14K depending on options.:hammer:

VETEATR
04-16-2003, 11:43 PM
I am currently getting a built block from Johnny Lightning performance with the stock cranke, forged H-beam manley rods, forged pistons. Also heads that have been port and polished with stainless valves. THe block is about 3,800 and the heads are about 1,800. THis is the same engine that he runs in his truck and he runs 10.5's. He has told me that I can run 30 psi on 93 octane pump fuel all day long. And he is backing that up. But what do you think about the fuel. Do you think that it is possible that there wasen't enough fuel supplied to the motor.

VETEATR
04-16-2003, 11:45 PM
It also comes with studded heads