PDA

View Full Version : bigger rims

RCrown2
04-15-2003, 01:21 PM
I was wanting to put on some 20 in. or 22 in. rims on my L. Does anyone know if that would effect my speed, and how I start off the line, and any other differences that would be bad. I would appreciate the info.

thanks,

R.C.

trublu02
04-15-2003, 01:48 PM
I was wanting to put 20's on my Lightning but when I talked to another owner and found out the 20's slowed his truck down 2 tenths in the 1/4 I decided to stay with 18's

cpeapea
04-15-2003, 03:33 PM
yep way heavier

RCrown2
04-15-2003, 05:21 PM
Well, thank you guys for the quick answer,I will go ahead and stay with the 18's too. That will save me some money anyway.:tu:

microsuck
06-04-2003, 02:43 PM
We all know that RC dosent have any $$$:bows
Andrew:tongue:

L8 APEX
06-04-2003, 02:52 PM
The tire diameter determines speedo accuracy not the wheel dia. They do eat up some braking and acceleration but it is all about the bling right? Did they make it right on your gauge install? I saw your line mod and it is a transmission service part not the real line valve so I did not install it. You would have barely felt a difference if any. Plus it is rusting and needs to seal for fluid control. Who ever set up your truck needs a swift kick in the NUTS!:hammer: That exhaust exit is horrible, did they grind or melt the body work? Did Drop Zone put your bump stops back on? I also felt a decent shutter at 30-40 under light acceleration:confused:

RCrown2
06-04-2003, 03:01 PM
Yeah, i like the boost gauge, but at night the light keeps turning off and i have to tap gauge for it to light back up. I'm not sure what they did with exhaust exit and that really pisses me off about that damn line mod valve:flaming: I don't know what else to say really, but i'll talk more about it tomorrow when everyone goes to bonedaddy's. oh yeah, thanks andrew, that was smooth.

R.C. Andrew:throw:RC

L8 APEX
06-04-2003, 03:09 PM
I can probably fix the light tomorrow. I will talk with you tomorrow. I hate to see an ill Lightning:( It looks like a Mustang shop built it with that Pro-M maf:hammer: A Lightning will make 800HP on a stock 90mm. My truck will be a little over 650 on a stock MAF ;) That is the last L part you change for performance.