PDA

View Full Version : L8 Apex interested in this?

Mark #2
05-14-2002, 02:17 PM
There is a guy at work that has a 2000 F150 pickup. He wants to purchase my original lightning springs, shocks, and swaybars and needs someone to install them.

I've decided no more suspension work for me without a lift.

Would you be interested in doing this job for him? Can the sway bars be mounted on a standard f150?

Roughly how much will this cost him?

Mark

Red2002
05-14-2002, 05:16 PM
Terry would be up for mounting anything. Tell the guy to book it. :D

L8 APEX
05-14-2002, 05:41 PM
I cannot in good faith put SVT parts on non-SVT vehicles it is a disgrace to the name:nono: Actually I am booked into June with serious Lightning and HD projects. Yes the parts will fit but the rear sway bar mounting point on the frame is taken by an exhaust hanger so it must be moved for installation. I gave my suspension to a F150 buddy and could barely notice a difference definately not worth the effort. He was not impressed at all. If your buddy wants it to look lowered I would sell him a real suspension kit. I can get a good one with coils, hanger/shackles, and correct shocks for 580.00. That will be a tight rolling 2,4 drop. Lightning over a F150 is only about 1" front/1.5" rear.:tu:

As for you Red02 if you do not return my calls and quit commiting me to jobs w/o asking I will come visit you:eek:

blueoval01
05-14-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Red02SVTL
Terry would be up for mounting anything. Tell the guy to book it. :D

ROTFLMAO .... :d :d

I'm not even gonna go there, and save Terry the embarrassment.