PDA

View Full Version : Hooray for Hollywood. Part Deux

Sixpipes
04-05-2003, 11:22 AM
So who are these celebrities? What is their education? What is their experience in affairs of State or in National Security? While I will defend to the death their right to express their opinions, I think that if they are going to call into question the intelligence of our leaders, we should also have all the facts on their educations and background:

Barbra Streisand: Completed high school Career: Singing and acting

Cher: Dropped out of school in 9th grade. Career: Singing and acting

Martin Sheen: Flunked exam to enter University of Dayton. Career: Acting

Jessica Lange: Dropped out college mid-freshman year. Career: Acting

Alec Baldwin: Dropped out of George Washington U. after scandal Career: Acting

Julia Roberts: Completed high school Career: Acting

Sean Penn: Completed High school Career: Acting

Susan Sarandon: Degree in Drama from Catholic University of America in ashington, D.C. Career: Acting

Ed Asner: Completed High school Career: Acting

George Clooney: Dropped out of University of Kentucky Career: Acting

Michael Moore: Dropped out first year University of Michigan. Career: Movie Director

Sarah Jessica Parker: Completed High School Career: Acting

Jennifer Anniston: Completed High School Career: Acting

Mike Farrell: Completed High school Career: Acting

Janeane Garofelo: Dropped out of College. Career: Stand up comedienne

Larry Hagman: Attended Bard College for one year. Career: Acting

While comparing the education and experience of these two groups, we should also remember that President Bush and his cabinet are briefed daily, even hourly, on the War on Terror and threats to our security. They are privy to information gathered around the world concerning the Middle East the threats
to America, the intentions of terrorists and terrorist-supporting governments. They are in constant communication with the CIA, the FBI, Interpol, NATO, The United Nations, our own military, and that of our allies around the world. We cannot simply believe that we have full knowledge of the threats because we watch CNN!! We cannot believe that we are in any way as informed as our
leaders.

These celebrities have no intelligence-gathering agents, no
fact-finding groups, no insight into the minds of those who would
destroy our country. They only have a deep seated hatred for all
things Republican. By nature, and no one knows quite why, the
Hollywood elitists detest Conservative views and anything that
supports or uplifts the United States of America.

Silver_2000
04-05-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Sixpipes
These celebrities have no intelligence-gathering agents, no
fact-finding groups, no insight into the minds of those who would
destroy our country. They only have a deep seated hatred for all
things Republican. By nature, and no one knows quite why, the
Hollywood elitists detest Conservative views and anything that
supports or uplifts the United States of America.

They also have no responsibility - No clue what its like to earn a living, no idea what freedom and democracy really mean.

A couple of them are HOT though....:p

Because they dont work for a living they see no issue in giving everything away to people who dont. Many could send 70% of thier gross income to the Govt and still take a limo to starbucks for Latte.

Doug

dboat
04-05-2003, 11:48 AM
that they do work for a living, albeit a different kind of work than most of us do, and I support the fact that anyone can earn as much as they can in this country, as long as it is legal..
What my issue is, why do I care what they think about this and why is their opinion more valuable than mine or ANYONE ELSE'S?
Is it because they are more visible? due to their celebrity status? SO WHAT? Unless they are meeting with the same intel people as the President and his advisors, why would I begin to think they know something I or others do not.
I got into it with someone on another board because he worked hard to get into med school and he and his peers are so much smarter than the Pres who got a pass through Harvard and Yale... their SAT's were much higher, therefore, they are so much better/smarter.. I dont really care what your SAT's are, nor your grades.. they may be an indicator, but its what you do with it that counts.. I know lots of folks that are just not good test takers yet they are incredibly smart and can apply themselves to get results rather than the opposite. The smartest people dont always make the best managers, and in essence that what the President is at times in the various roles he has to perform... Jimmy Carter was one of the smartest presidents ever to hold office, and what did he get us?
These celebs just burn me up when they spout off like this and I am glad when they do, so I know where they stand and whether or not I am going to watch their tv show, or go see their next movie..
rant off
Dana

Silver_2000
04-05-2003, 11:53 AM
Sorry but in my closed minded view of the world working on a movie for 2 or 3 months every couple years is NOT the same as working a more conventional schedule. The point is that it is an example of the skewed view of things they get.

dboat
04-05-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
Sorry but in my closed minded view of the world working on a movie for 2 or 3 months every couple years is NOT the same as working a more conventional schedule. The point is that it is an example of the skewed view of things they get.

Agreed..

But it is what they do.. in my line of work, I see docs that earn, from $100,00 to over $1M a year... some folks dont like that either but I support the fact that we live where we can make that kind of money... I always hear about the money celebs make or pro athletes. While we are out of whack about what we are willing to pay for their entertainment services, they earn it or at least someone is willing to pay them for it, so thats the way our system works..
I say, let them go to France or somewhere else if it is so bad here and try to earn the same living there...

Silver_2000
04-05-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by dboat
Agreed..

But it is what they do.. in my line of work, I see docs that earn, from $100,00 to over $1M a year... some folks dont like that either but I support the fact that we live where we can make that kind of money... I always hear about the money celebs make or pro athletes. While we are out of whack about what we are willing to pay for their entertainment services, they earn it or at least someone is willing to pay them for it, so thats the way our system works..
I say, let them go to France or somewhere else if it is so bad here and try to earn the same living there...

I have no problem with success. If you can work 10 min a year and make 10 million - GREAT more power to you. The american dream.

Just DONT try to speak for ME. You have NO clue what my reality or the reality of the 99.9% of the rest of the world, is like. You speak for the Yacht set Not the rest of teh world.

Logan
04-05-2003, 12:25 PM
Screw em all.

dboat
04-05-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Screw em all.

Logan, we hate it when you sugar coat it this way... tell us how you really feel about em..

:tongue:

Mark #2
04-05-2003, 09:03 PM
6er, you forgot the Dickcie Chicks. Mis-spelling intentional.

Logan
04-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Dixie Chicks are *****es.

Wht95Lightning
04-07-2003, 05:28 AM
Hollywood is the DEVIL! http://webpages.charter.net/silverspurs21/SS/smiles/FIREdevil.gif

MadMax
04-07-2003, 05:57 AM
Originally posted by dboat
Logan, we hate it when you sugar coat it this way... tell us how you really feel about em..

:tongue:

agreed....bend them all over and start with the dang Brunette....aka daisy duke or something :D i'll suga coat everyone of those ho's...

dboat
04-07-2003, 11:55 AM
yep

dboat
04-08-2003, 08:47 AM
more