PDA

View Full Version : We need to get FFW Houston rolling

J.D. Blackwell
04-04-2003, 09:56 AM
Thought since it is less then a month away that we need to get everything all straightened out.

I have rooms reserved.
Dennis & Doug, I have your confirmation #
Garret & Sam, I have yours too (what about your friend that is going?)
Ron (03LightningRocks) got your confirmation #

So it looks like I have 1 room left. Ron has an extra bed, I bet he would rent it out.

The TALON track transportation has been taking care of. I will have the golf cart as usual.:D Screw a bunch of walking.

Anything else that needs to be discussed? How about entry fees for Top Truck entry? Times? What is happening on Friday night?

98Cobra
04-10-2003, 12:21 PM
Last I heard, our friend Mike is still going. We will make sure and get back to you. :tu:

03LightningRocks
04-10-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by J.D. Blackwell
Thought since it is less then a month away that we need to get everything all straightened out.

I have rooms reserved.
Dennis & Doug, I have your confirmation #
Garret & Sam, I have yours too (what about your friend that is going?)
Ron (03LightningRocks) got your confirmation #

So it looks like I have 1 room left. Ron has an extra bed, I bet he would rent it out.

The TALON track transportation has been taking care of. I will have the golf cart as usual.:D Screw a bunch of walking.

Anything else that needs to be discussed? How about entry fees for Top Truck entry? Times? What is happening on Friday night?

Absolutely, I would. I'll split it right down the middle.:beer:

Rocks:beer:

Crawford
04-10-2003, 03:08 PM
I am ready to go!

wesman
04-11-2003, 12:30 PM
If I can get my tranny crap straightened out I would be interested.

--wes

1BADTK
04-21-2003, 05:46 PM
Doug and crew, we will be piting in the same location as last year, to your right after entering the gate behind the gas pumps. I am sure Jim and his crew will do the same since it is cooler in the grass and no dirt flying in our faces. We should have plenty of room for all starting on Friday. It will be good to see you guys again.

Silver_2000
04-21-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by 1BADTK
Doug and crew, we will be piting in the same location as last year, to your right after entering the gate behind the gas pumps. I am sure Jim and his crew will do the same since it is cooler in the grass and no dirt flying in our faces. We should have plenty of room for all starting on Friday. It will be good to see you guys again.

Sounds Good - Looking forward to it.

I am taking off Friday So I should be heading down either Early Fri or Late Thursday depending on the schedule

Doug

J.D. Blackwell
04-21-2003, 11:55 PM
Me and a couple of my buddys will be down there mid afternoon that Friday. Hopefully I will have my tranny back next week and get it put installed in time. :(

1BADTK
04-22-2003, 06:10 PM
Bring your diesel buddies with ya, I hear HAPS will be piting with us also. (Houston Area Power Strokes) Cough, cough, cough.......

J.D. Blackwell
04-24-2003, 01:27 PM
OK, here are the confirmtion #s for the rooms at the Motel 6 in Mont Belvieu.

Dennis & Doug 156201
Garret & Sam 156202 Mike?
Ron 156203

Make sure you get there before Friay night @ midnight or it will go on my card.:nono:

03LightningRocks
04-24-2003, 02:15 PM
Justin,

I misunderstood the deal. I thought you where paying for all of us.:twitch:

Rocks:tu:

J.D. Blackwell
04-24-2003, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by 03LightningRocks
Justin,

I misunderstood the deal. I thought you where paying for all of us.:twitch:

Rocks:tu:

LMAO, your a funny SOB there Ron. I hope you get you get ready for a good time. It usually goes in this order::beer: :vomit: :burnout: :roll :tu:

98Cobra
04-24-2003, 04:18 PM
I dunno Justin, don't you think this

:beer:

is overstating for you? ;) You better not be tired this year :d

wesman
04-24-2003, 05:38 PM
what's the date on this?

--wes

J.D. Blackwell
04-24-2003, 05:59 PM
May 3rd & 4th

wesman
04-24-2003, 06:18 PM
Dayumm....my tranny issues most likely wont be fixed by then. :(

JD- What ended up happening with your tranny ? Do you know what the issue was ? What ended up being done ?

I think we have the same issue, except you already paid not to have problems :)

--wes

J.D. Blackwell
04-25-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by wesman
Dayumm....my tranny issues most likely wont be fixed by then. :(

JD- What ended up happening with your tranny ? Do you know what the issue was ? What ended up being done ?

I think we have the same issue, except you already paid not to have problems :)

--wes

Here is what is happening at the moment.
http://www.nloc.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=42920&goto=newpost

wesman
04-25-2003, 11:07 AM
Do you get discounts to ship stuff with R & L ? What does it run to ship a tranny up there ? Mine is probably going up there soon. I can't see paying 1k for a used stock tranny when I can get the MOnster Box for a little more ( I think they are ~2k ???), and it fits into the future plans, before the built block and the KB. What did you pay for the Monster box?

--wes

TxBolt
04-27-2003, 12:01 AM
One time I payed 96.00 when it arrived. Well I had to ship it back. I called the transport department and told them it was a core and thay asked me how much it weighed. Well I did'nt know I said 125lbs. Thay said 60.00. Well later I found out it was close to 225lbs, and thay would not take the extra money for the weight. Thay said thats why we have professionals to give prices. If thay mess up its on them. There's a R & L on Harry Hines near Parkland. Here's one for you Terry!!! Its been in transit more then its been on the road!!:roll :roll

J.D. Blackwell
04-27-2003, 10:16 PM
Sorry about the late reply.

It cost me $84.00 to ship it to Gregg through R&L Carriers. Gregg lives by the Wilmington Terminal, so he will pick it up at the terminal. It weighs approx. 225lbs setting on a pallet. Take it to the Terminal in Dallas and have it shipped to the terminal at Wilmington. I think it may be a little cheaper for you, since the closest terminal from me is 70 miles (Shreveport) and they picked it up at my place.

Hope this helps,
Justin

Silver_2000
04-27-2003, 10:19 PM
BACK on topic...

Who is going to FFW ?

Silver_2000
98 Cobra
Sixpipes
J.D. B
03LightningRocks
Crawford

Wesman and TXbolt are maybes based on the issues they are having
who else ??

Prettty sad we cant get more than half a dozen folks to show up at FFW ... :rolleyes:

J.D. Blackwell
04-27-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
BACK on topic...

Who is going to FFW ?

Silver_2000
98 Cobra
Sixpipes
J.D. B
03LightningRocks
Crawford

Wesman and TXbolt are maybes based on the issues they are having
who else ??

Prettty sad we cant get more than half a dozen folks to show up at FFW ... :rolleyes:

Don't worry Doug, I am bringing along a couple of rednecks with me, Aubrey and P.M.:D

Tim (Txbolt) is coming down Sat. morning and there are a couple other L owners that are friends of mine from the Longview area that might try to make it. Also I believe Stan (RUSLOW) may come to. I have been trying to talk him into bringing his 12 sec. Gen 1 down to race.

I still have 1 room open plus Ron (03Rocks) has a spare bed.

J.D. Blackwell
04-28-2003, 04:59 PM
OK, Stan is going, so the 1 room left is taken.

03LightningRocks
04-28-2003, 08:24 PM
Justin,

Would you post the name address and phone number for the hotel? I may go down Thursday night.

If anyone wants to go that wants to split a room, let me know.

Thanks,
Rocks

J.D. Blackwell
04-28-2003, 11:26 PM
It is the Motel 6 right off of I10 & Hwy. 146 in Mont Belvieu. I believe the exit # is 798. It is just East of Baytown. Can't miss it.

03LightningRocks
04-28-2003, 11:33 PM
Thanks justin,

And thanks for setting up the reservations for all of us.

I for one am kept pretty busy working 2-3 hours a day and it was nice to not have to chase down hotels during my very limited screw off time.

I am probably going to head down there Thursday afternoon. I dunno though...maybe if I leave at 4 am I can still get there in time to do some test and tune at the Houston track.

I'll have to buy you a couple beers in Houston.

J.D. Blackwell
04-28-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by 03LightningRocks
Thanks justin,

And thanks for setting up the reservations for all of us.

I for one am kept pretty busy working 2-3 hours a day and it was nice to not have to chase down hotels during my very limited screw off time.

I am probably going to head down there Thursday afternoon. I dunno though...maybe if I leave at 4 am I can still get there in time to do some test and tune at the Houston track.

I'll have to buy you a couple beers in Houston.

:beer: :tu:

98Cobra
04-29-2003, 12:59 PM
Hey Terry, is Performance Research going to be at FFW? Thought I would ask since its only a couple hundred miles.....

03LightningRocks
04-30-2003, 09:11 PM
My spare bed is taken. I decided to bring a pit crew. After tearing up my air dam, smashing the cable box by the driveway, hitting the gas meter and moving it over about 6 inches, denting the top of the tailgate on my 97...and last but not least...scraping the right front corner of my bumper on the retaining wall, leaving paint all over it....I decided it might be better to bring along some help to Houston.

Hey Doug...can I park next to you. I think I got this trailer thing down now.:d

Rocks:flaming: