PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to Atlanta FFW on the 11th ?

Silver_2000
04-01-2003, 10:34 PM
I am going. Still working out whether I am driving, or co-driving with Paul Gamino from Houston or a 3rd option.

I was hoping to leave Afternoon on Thursday and drive as far as possible Thursday. Depending on the drive either sleep in a hotel somewhere on the road or on a hotel there. And leave either late Sun or more likely Early Monday to drive back.

It is only a 14 hour trip according to Mapquest

If any of you guys are going we can either caravan or I can leave my truck here and help you drive..

I would go with Paul BUT he wants to leave EARLY thursday and I'm supposed to work Thursday. I could play hooky but I have to play it by ear...

I am supposed to have a 2 hour network install job I can do about 5 miles from the highway in Atlanta that should help pay some of the expenses and I was hoping to meet up with Steve the webmaster of F150online while Im there.

Let me know
Doug

Just Checked - a plane ticket is only $250.....

L8 APEX
04-01-2003, 10:41 PM
What about flying out and rent a beater to get your errands run. Then drive back with someone local? Rocks is planning on trailering out there I think...

03LightningRocks
04-02-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
What about flying out and rent a beater to get your errands run. Then drive back with someone local? Rocks is planning on trailering out there I think...

Yep,

I'm leaving Thursday morning and will be comming back Sunday night or Monday morning. I am using my Longbed Extended cab to tow and have an extra seat available for the ride home. Boy, I wished I would have known earlier about this. I have arranged to have one of my guys go with me to help with driving. If I tell him I don't need him now, he'll get his feelings hurt.

Doug, I plan on going to quite a few of these...maybe most of them. Get with me about which ones your hitting and maybe you could ride with me and help with the driving on a few of them.

Rocks:beer:

Silver_2000
04-02-2003, 10:34 PM
Rocks

Its only 12-14 hours MAX to commerce - Why are you leaving early Thurs ?

Doug

03LightningRocks
04-02-2003, 10:39 PM
Well,

When I say early...it usely means around 9 am....so that should put me there by 12-1am....get some sleep...be at track when it opens Friday morning.

I am suppose to be meeting up with Dave Cain from superchips first thing Friday A.M.
He has a race program for me to try on the 03.

What did you have in mind?

L8 APEX
04-02-2003, 10:39 PM
I don't know about driving for 13 hours with Ron:twitch:

Silver_2000
04-02-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by 03LightningRocks
Well,

When I say early...it usely means around 9 am....so that should put me there by 12-1am....get some sleep...be at track when it opens Friday morning.

I am suppose to be meeting up with Dave Cain from superchips first thing Friday A.M.
He has a race program for me to try on the 03.

What did you have in mind?

I did 4500 miles in 3 weeks last July - To me - 12 -14 hours means if I leave at Noon I am in the Hotel in bed by Midnight or a little after .... Of Course if I drive Ill be driving the Lightning. Which doesnt exactly comply with mapquest estimates....

Doug

03LightningRocks
04-02-2003, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
I did 4500 miles in 3 weeks last July - To me - 12 -14 hours means if I leave at Noon I am in the Hotel in bed by Midnight or a little after .... Of Course if I drive Ill be driving the Lightning. Which doesnt exactly comply with mapquest estimates....

Doug

Now if I get out of town by 9 and drive about 70, you will catch me in about 10 hours if you leave at 12 and drive 90. :tu:

See you at Bonedaddy's tommorrow.

Silver_2000
04-02-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by 03LightningRocks
Now if I get out of town by 9 and drive about 70, you will catch me in about 10 hours if you leave at 12 and drive 90. :tu:

See you at Bonedaddy's tomorrow.

If you leave at 9 and drive 70 you'll be there by 10 pm... What fin is that. Leave a couple hours later and caravan with me.... LOL

Ill play "Bandit"

Doug

03LightningRocks
04-02-2003, 11:50 PM
What time are you planning to leave? Are you driving straight through?
I may be game for the plan if your not leaving too late.

Rocks

Silver_2000
04-02-2003, 11:55 PM
I am planning on leaving as soon as possible Thursday. Since I will be "working form home" that day it wont be 9 am more like 11 or so . I plan to drive till I can drive anymore or till I get there. Which ever is first. Unlike you and Paul Gamino - I have no reason to get there early Friday ...

Doug

03LightningRocks
04-03-2003, 12:05 AM
I may be able to work with that. I'll have a driver with me so I can cheat...LOL.

We'll figure it out at the meet tommorrow.

I have to hit the sack...it seems like when I don't show up in the mornings at the office, everyone thinks it's a vacation and doesn't want to work.:eek2:

03LightningRocks
04-06-2003, 04:47 PM
Hey Doug,

Thanks to mother nature, I just got screwed out of going to Atlanta.
The hail storms last night destroyed my roof, allowing rain to screw up my ceilings. I am now the proud owner of a Honda Civic with a pre-storm value of 11k dollars, that looks like someone took a hammer and spent all night texturing it.
My daily driver F150, that I just finished getting repainted 6 months ago is almost as bad.
Now I get to pay for the wise decision of 1000.00 deductibles to save on insurance premiums.:flaming:

My cost minimum....$3000.00.......anyone want to donate to the needy:crying: ?

I wanted to let you know in case you were still wanting to caravan down there.

Rocks:(

Silver_2000
04-06-2003, 04:55 PM
Sorry to hear that... I drove to Plano Studio Movie Grill to see movie at 8 - it was sold out - As I was heading back to truck I felt a gust of wind and change in weather that scared me. I drove rapidly home and hid the lightning in the garage. My house got hit by hail in all 3 storms, that went over BUT no serious damage as far as I can tell. It was noisy as hell though. Hail the size of quarters and larger. I plan to call the Ins co to look at the roof just in case.

I was out in the rain clearing a gutter that was clogged and was flooding the front porch and fixing to rip off the house due to weight of the rain

As far as Atlanta - I think I am going to go with Paul from Halo.
Looking forward to getting out of town for a few days.

Doug

03LightningRocks
04-06-2003, 05:00 PM
You got very lucky. I had my L in the garage....thank goodness. My daughters mustang got throttled also.

I guess the bright side is that I get a new roof for a 1000 bucks.:vomit:

Rocks