PDA

View Full Version : Heat Exchanger Upgrade

L8 APEX
03-31-2003, 12:31 AM
This is an awesome piece and I will be putting one on my truck:banana: For those in the know Fluidyne is the top of the cooler market along with Setrab they are in some of the most advanced motorsport vehicles world wide. Yes it is expensive but when you are making mad boost like this drag race aholic does you need all you can get. Imagine trying to keep consistent times at Houston FFW in 95 degree plus temps:hammer: Without further adue here are the pics, a fan is to come to pull more heat in the pits:beer:
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/43/MVC-010F_2.JPG
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/43/MVC-009F_2.JPG
I like customers that think like Ron:nana2 :twitch:

03LightningRocks
03-31-2003, 12:41 AM
Holy Chit that is a big difference in capacity, which should equal a big improvement in heat removal, (that's cooling for the non HVAC folks).....I LIKE IT.:bows

By the way...are those my floor board mats that stuff is sitting on?????:twitch:

Rocks:nana2

L8 APEX
03-31-2003, 12:51 AM
I put a good mix of distilled water and Red Line in it:tu: It holds about 150% capacity. The Fluidyne has a lot more fins and passes than stock. I kicked on the manual pump switch with a hot motor and felt the xchanger. It got hot for about 20 seconds then room temp. That is without a fan dude:banana:

03LightningRocks
03-31-2003, 07:03 PM
Damn Terry,

It is hard to appreciate the difference in capacity of those two heat exchangers until you see it in person. I went to pull the stock exchanger out of the bed and could not believe it.

I'll bring the stock one with me to the meet Thursday so people can see the comparison...

Rocks:beer:

L8 APEX
03-31-2003, 09:48 PM
Yeah maybe I will have another Fluidyne by then. I have already sold two more by showing yours:banana: :beer:

03LightningRocks
04-01-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
.......... I have alread ysold two more by showing yours:banana: :beer:

Whats my cut?????:d

cpeapea
04-01-2003, 04:56 PM
defintly a nice piece i plan to get someday

L8 APEX
04-01-2003, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by 03LightningRocks
Whats my cut?????:d

Feel special that I sold you mine and ordered another one for myself. I ordered three electric fans and they should be here for a Saturday install. Friday if you bring the hot chicks:twitch:

03LightningRocks
04-01-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Feel special that I sold you mine and ordered another one for myself. I ordered three electric fans and they should be here for a Saturday install. Friday if you bring the hot chicks:twitch:

3 Fans??? What type are they? How many CFM's each??? At what static pressure??? What brand??? Any Pics???? What Current draw???

Rocks:hammer:

Logan
04-01-2003, 08:47 PM
When's your truck going to be back together Terry?

You're not gonna pull a JD are ya? :)

L8 APEX
04-01-2003, 09:23 PM
Ron, Bring those questions to the meeting and I will answer them. By the way you are only getting one fan. Tuner's edge:tongue:
Logan, I will not pull a JD I will do the work myself so it will get done my way. I am getting a chip modem so I can read my Autologic chip. From the looks of my failure I think Sal had too much timing in it for road racing. Talking w/ JDM he tuned the One lap L and Stan's both with WOT timing BELOW stock settings. I did open the engine bay yesterday and saw more block and engine parts laying in the frame:banana: I thought about installing a projection screen in front of the truck. Thus making my own Hollywood set and play road racing tapes while I pretend to be driving:d