PDA

View Full Version : Just got another......mod

J.D. Blackwell
05-09-2002, 05:12 PM
I believe I am going to have every bolt-on imaginable.LOL
I just bought a Supercooler from a boy named Bubba from Arkansas. I think this thing ought to help fight the Texas heat pretty well. Maybe 2 tenths worth.
If the dang lid was a hair bit bigger where I could put my hand in it, it would serve 2 purposes; cool the intake temp. and keep my beer cold.:D

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/878-1135-16718.jpg

Crawford
05-09-2002, 05:23 PM
You know, it probably wouldnt be that hard to come up with a custom cooler that will service both the intercooler and a couple cases of beer. We could call it the "JD Lightning SuperCooler" (TM) I think there is a good market for it too!

blueoval01
05-09-2002, 05:24 PM
Hummm, nice Justin. :tu:
You might just have to add a permanent beer cooler in the bed of the truck.
WHOA!! Why not a keg cooler ...... lmao :d and strap a NOS bucket to it :rolleyes:

Red2002
05-09-2002, 06:09 PM
Strap the NAAAAAWWWWZZZ bucket to that thing. You are unloading in 3rd so we'll fix that nasty hole in your fuel map and you'll run 9's brotha. It's gotta work, I saw it in a movie! :cool:

wesman
05-09-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by J.D. Blackwell
I believe I am going to have every bolt-on imaginable.LOL
I just bought a Supercooler from a boy named Bubba from Arkansas. I think this thing ought to help fight the Texas heat pretty well. Maybe 2 tenths worth.
If the dang lid was a hair bit bigger where I could put my hand in it, it would serve 2 purposes; cool the intake temp. and keep my beer cold.:D

http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/878-1135-16718.jpg

Forgive my ignorance but what is that? and it's purpose?

--wes

Logan
05-10-2002, 10:47 AM
Mounts in the bed of the truck. Replaces your stock intercooler resevoir. Has crap loads of copper tubing inside that your IC fluid flows through. Theory being load it up with ice, keep your IC fluid ice cold, makes your intercooler much more efficient than it already is....

wesman
05-10-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Mounts in the bed of the truck. Replaces your stock intercooler resevoir. Has crap loads of copper tubing inside that your IC fluid flows through. Theory being load it up with ice, keep your IC fluid ice cold, makes your intercooler much more efficient than it already is....

Ah....thanks....makes sense in theory.

Slap that bad boy on and let us know how it turns out :)

--wes

J.D. Blackwell
05-10-2002, 03:03 PM
Proven to drop your intake temps down 90+ degrees.
The cooler your intake temps, the more power you make.
The difference is like driving your truck in the summer and then winter. You can feel the added power in the winter time.:D